November 22, 2017, 07:55:52 AM

Author Topic: Europa League Draw  (Read 8070 times)

December 18, 2009, 03:50:20 AM
Read 8070 times

Ash88

who would you like us to get?

deCoubertin

December 18, 2009, 04:03:47 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Marseilles
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 18, 2009, 04:09:35 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
Something reletively easy, not that any of the seeded teams will be, and then Liverpool in the last 16. I would love to play them in Europe.

December 18, 2009, 04:16:37 AM
Reply #3

Haile GAZrselassie

Marseilles

close to home pal?

they would be my choice as well though. the weather will be spanking, marseilles i imagine to be a lovely place (is it?) and we could all stop at your's so we wouldn't have to worry about digs. :)

plus we'd get to show m'bia what he's missing out on if the atmosphere at goodison was rocking.

am i right in thinking that because we are un-seeded the 2nd leg will be away?
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 18, 2009, 04:19:23 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
lol mgp, Marseilles is still an 8 hour drive from mine (it's not like England where you can go from one side of the country to the other in 30 mins), but you'd be more than welcome to crash on the way through.

Never been down there, so couldn't say what it's like, but as all my French friends are Marseilles fans, it'd be nice to have a bit of rivalry.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 18, 2009, 04:19:53 AM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And yes, 2nd leg is away.
- Walt Disney

December 18, 2009, 04:21:06 AM
Reply #6

Thom

Administrator
Second seeded teams should have to play at home first according to Channel 5, but with Liverpool also being second seeds then it's likely one of us will be shifted to playing at home in the second leg.

All of the first seeds sound like tough draws, but I wouldn't like us to be drawn with someone like Donetsk, especially as February is a tough month for us.

December 18, 2009, 04:33:56 AM
Reply #7

Haile GAZrselassie

lol mgp, Marseilles is still an 8 hour drive from mine (it's not like England where you can go from one side of the country to the other in 30 mins), but you'd be more than welcome to crash on the way through.

Never been down there, so couldn't say what it's like, but as all my French friends are Marseilles fans, it'd be nice to have a bit of rivalry.

would you go the game though mate? gonna be as close as we're gonna get to yours for a while id imagine.

what's the closest airport anyway? just in case we do get paired on friday.

or would the ferry be a good idea? dover to calais or something like that?
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 18, 2009, 04:47:22 AM
Reply #8

Ridge

I fancy a bit of Valencia, we are going to have to beat quality anyway. I think they will lose a couple of players in January and might have some problems by then.

December 18, 2009, 04:50:17 AM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
would you go the game though mate? gonna be as close as we're gonna get to yours for a while id imagine.

what's the closest airport anyway? just in case we do get paired on friday.

or would the ferry be a good idea? dover to calais or something like that?

Would love to go, but finances could be the problem.

I think from Liverpool you can fly to Limoges which is two hours south from me, so not far, although in the opposite direction to Marseilles.
- Walt Disney

December 18, 2009, 04:53:40 AM
Reply #10

Chris

Administrator
The whole second leg at home thing is meant to seen as an advantage the seeded sides earned.

I'm sure they wont swap legs in the last 32.

December 18, 2009, 11:07:42 AM
Reply #11

cantoffee

I wouldn't mind Juventus, it would be tough, but winnable, and get a bit more exposure. Im just happy to be in the 32 with the way our season has gone.

December 18, 2009, 01:39:53 PM
Reply #12

fast lane

As easy as possible.
Save the tough teams for later, when we have more of our injured players back.

Why people want to play all these tough teams now, and run the risk of getting knocked out so soon, is beyond me.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 18, 2009, 06:31:50 PM
Reply #13

huck

What time is the draw?
Le Berry

December 18, 2009, 06:34:03 PM
Reply #14

DannyR

I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.