August 18, 2018, 12:05:46 AM

Author Topic: Arteta starting..  (Read 1966 times)

February 11, 2010, 03:42:27 PM
Read 1966 times

Blueney-tunes

Should he be? He looks miles off and definately a bit scared to get a challenge in (understandably)
maybe he should be coming on as a sub..?

Neville had had a shocker at the pool and last night, maybe he should sit in the centre and Coleman slot into righ-back..?

February 11, 2010, 03:46:25 PM
Reply #1

EFC2302

If Fellaini or Pienaar were playing i would have expected to see Arteta as a sub, however we needed some flair in the centre, which Neville wouldn't provide. Neville was OK at RB at the weekend (defo not a shocker), and since moving back there in recent weeks has done a good job, so there was no need to change him from playing there IMO
Andy Hinchcliffe has a wicked left foot!!!!!  :tongue:

February 11, 2010, 03:48:27 PM
Reply #2

huck

Erm this is a bit of a mute question is it not? Seeing as we won yesterday and he undoubtedly was involved in the game. Agree it seems a bit soon. It worked though, and who knows if he will start the next game.
Le Berry

February 11, 2010, 03:59:17 PM
Reply #3

Flusky

He played a thousand times better than Bilyaletdinov last night. Enough said.

February 11, 2010, 06:02:13 PM
Reply #4

.Rimbo.

I don't think he did too badly last night in all fairness. He's clearly not at the peaks he was last season but that's to be expected for now, he'll reach them soon enough. Who else could we play there as well?

February 11, 2010, 06:09:23 PM
Reply #5

Danny

I expected him to make sub appearances until this months hard games are over, yes we need a decent amount of points from this run in but at the same time we need Arteta fit to produce the quality to destroy the relatively easy teams during the run in.

February 11, 2010, 06:23:59 PM
Reply #6

kunal32

It's still going to be sometime before we see the best of Arteta, we shouldn't expect too much from a player who has been out for nearly a year with injury.

February 11, 2010, 07:28:10 PM
Reply #7

blueski

was talking to a few Chelsea supporters last night that thought he was our MOTM, said they wished they had that kind of footballing brain in their midfield
Nil Satis

February 11, 2010, 07:30:28 PM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
was talking to a few Chelsea supporters last night that thought he was our MOTM, said they wished they had that kind of footballing brain in their midfield

I don't think he was that good but they are right about his footballing brain, I liked seeing someone actually trying to play an intelligent pass to Bily, I think Bily did too!

February 11, 2010, 07:33:24 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he did too badly last night in all fairness. He's clearly not at the peaks he was last season but that's to be expected for now, he'll reach them soon enough. Who else could we play there as well?

This.

75 mins in the bank was a good effort by him.

He'll especially important in the Sporting game where I expect them to sit back and try and break.

This game will have given him confidence that he can mix it with the best even though he's only just back.

February 11, 2010, 07:55:27 PM
Reply #10

MikelMadar

Should he be? He looks miles off and definately a bit scared to get a challenge in (understandably)
maybe he should be coming on as a sub..?

Neville had had a shocker at the pool and last night, maybe he should sit in the centre and Coleman slot into righ-back..?

What game were you watching? Arteta had a good game and if Coleman played last night he would have got run ragged!!  move Neville into the centre and replace who?

February 11, 2010, 08:04:22 PM
Reply #11

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I thought he did alright last night, certainly looked a bit more like himself (as opposed to the Liverpool game).

Not back to his best by any stretch but there were signs there for me that he's getting up to speed again.

If Donovan really can't stick around longer then frankly we'll have to get him up to speed pretty sharpish.

February 11, 2010, 08:08:00 PM
Reply #12

Jamokachi

Clutching at straws for something to moan about.