November 20, 2017, 11:36:59 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Sporting lisbon  (Read 26599 times)

February 12, 2010, 06:25:27 AM
Reply #15

huck

I really haven't a clue what will happen. If Saturday's team turns up we're in trouble, if Wednesdays team turns up we'll win, easily.

This.
Le Berry

February 12, 2010, 04:56:46 PM
Reply #16

fast lane

As said before, taking a clean sheet to Lisbon is important.
1-0 would be good, but a second obviously better.

Don't underestimate them.
They have a habit of scoring in injury time, and when you least expect it!
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

February 12, 2010, 07:42:17 PM
Reply #17

KevtheRat

They have lost their last 2 games, away at Braga (who are 2nd with a game in hand) and at home to Academica (11th in the league and until that game without an away win all season).

Looks like were catching them at the right time.

2-0 Saha x2

February 12, 2010, 08:36:31 PM
Reply #18

Deano Blue Boy

i think two nil myself.  Got a ticket for the match too.

February 12, 2010, 09:33:20 PM
Reply #19

gemine69

I can see us scoring more than two.  Just have to keep it tight at the back.  3-0 to us.
Don't think, feel.  It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.  Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the Heavenly Glory - Bruce Lee

February 13, 2010, 01:27:45 AM
Reply #20

bloody scally

Again. Don't Start Predcting a win in this match. Its a big one. Last time out against chelsea the less people giving predictions seemed to do us good.

February 13, 2010, 01:38:06 AM
Reply #21

Endless, Nameless

In all honesty we'll probably do what we always do in double leggers. Come out slowly, lose the match and have it all to do in the second leg...
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 13, 2010, 01:58:31 AM
Reply #22

evertonjoe

In all honesty we'll probably do what we always do in double leggers. Come out slowly, lose the match and have it all to do in the second leg...

I hope not! What we really need is to win at Goodison and then when their heaping the pressure on us in Portugal we can use The Don's pace to hit them on the break.

R.A.P Music

February 13, 2010, 02:07:04 AM
Reply #23

Endless, Nameless

I hope not! What we really need is to win at Goodison and then when their heaping the pressure on us in Portugal we can use The Don's pace to hit them on the break.

Landycakes could be one of the big differences this time round. We've always been exposed on the right in Europe, I think, but he's a talent.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 13, 2010, 03:14:36 AM
Reply #24

Haile GAZrselassie

what we really, really need is goodison rocking.

the kick off time might not help but i'll be doing my bit.

Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

February 13, 2010, 03:20:20 AM
Reply #25

evertonjoe

what we really, really need is goodison rocking.

the kick off time might not help but i'll be doing my bit.

This. Need to eboke the spirit of Fiorentina but with a better end result.

R.A.P Music

February 13, 2010, 04:01:18 AM
Reply #26

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
They're playing tonight (friday). I had hoped they'd have been playing on the Saturday or even Sunday, as no doubt we'd have been forced to if we'd been in the 5th round.

Anyway, this was their matchday squad:

SPORTING - Rui Patrício; Abel, Tonel, Carriço e Grimi; Adrien, Pedro Mendes e João Moutinho; Pongolle; Liedson e Saleiro.

Suplentes: Ricardo Baptista, Polga, Vukcevic, Matías Fernandez, Yannick, Postiga e Pereirinha

They're currently 12 points off Porto who are 3rd and a further 7 points of Benfica.

I don't think that it's a cause for complacency though, as we know ourselves a poor start can easily distort what the league table should look like.

I think as long as we approach the game with a positive outlook we'll be fine. I'm also looking forward to playing European games with a) a nearly full squad and b) with a more patient style that we haven't been able to employ in Europe yet due to not playing many ties last season when our football improved and generally being rubbish in the first parts of this.

February 13, 2010, 05:57:03 AM
Reply #27

the doc

They drew 0-0 tonight, If we get an ealy goal and the crowd behind us i can see a good win!

February 13, 2010, 11:08:22 AM
Reply #28

Sprooly

everton not being shown on  SBS (free to air that shows europa league) or on espn :(

getting tired of not being on tv at all :( lol

February 13, 2010, 06:36:08 PM
Reply #29

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
They're playing tonight (friday). I had hoped they'd have been playing on the Saturday or even Sunday, as no doubt we'd have been forced to if we'd been in the 5th round.

Anyway, this was their matchday squad:

SPORTING - Rui Patrício; Abel, Tonel, Carriço e Grimi; Adrien, Pedro Mendes e João Moutinho; Pongolle; Liedson e Saleiro.

Suplentes: Ricardo Baptista, Polga, Vukcevic, Matías Fernandez, Yannick, Postiga e Pereirinha

They're currently 12 points off Porto who are 3rd and a further 7 points of Benfica.

I don't think that it's a cause for complacency though, as we know ourselves a poor start can easily distort what the league table should look like.

I think as long as we approach the game with a positive outlook we'll be fine. I'm also looking forward to playing European games with a) a nearly full squad and b) with a more patient style that we haven't been able to employ in Europe yet due to not playing many ties last season when our football improved and generally being rubbish in the first parts of this.

Is that pongolle of former liverpool fame??? I hate it when things like that happen

Simply simply lovely