November 25, 2017, 12:54:38 AM

Author Topic: Good show from the youngsters  (Read 4740 times)

December 18, 2009, 06:14:17 PM
Reply #15

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I was saying put the youngsters on because the first teamers were not pulling their weight.

I wasn't saying play the entire youth squad though, just mix a few of them in, which as we've seen last night, would work. The likes of Duffy, Comeman especially and Baxter could all contribute something while allowing some of the first teamers a rest and a kick up the bum for being so poor.

Let's face it, when we were in that bad run, we were losing anyway, those are the times to try something new and unexpected rather than doing the same old thing over and over again.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

deCoubertin

December 19, 2009, 01:18:18 AM
Reply #16

Vespa

Best headline 2day was "Youngsters fail to master Bate"

December 19, 2009, 10:31:20 AM
Reply #17

fortune9

ill get slated for this.but just before we crossed to the new forum, people were sayin put the youngsters on. take certainly players off like ossie/fellaini,i said u jokin this is a premier league game they aint ready,and it proved last nyt i thought they were awful, only the likes of coleman and baxter,duffy will make it in my eyes.yh the team we played might be the champions of belarus, but that league aint got a patch on the premiership and the majority of that young team last nyt will not make it

to be honest i have wanted to say this but felt bad because they are only young but i agree ith the 3 u picked but mayby throw forshaw there.... an if agard had a different partner mayby would have seen better... but i dont think this would be the future of everton only 3/4 players would make the team or fringe players... but they showed a good account of themselves
Those that dont know do not matter!

December 19, 2009, 10:46:05 AM
Reply #18

Chris

Administrator
So you're saying Baxter, Coleman and Duffy may make it, possbily Agard. Yet fail to mention Forshaw or Bidwell, who is probably 3 years away from making left back his own

December 19, 2009, 02:23:30 PM
Reply #19

Rhys

I was saying put the youngsters on because the first teamers were not pulling their weight.

I wasn't saying play the entire youth squad though, just mix a few of them in, which as we've seen last night, would work. The likes of Duffy, Comeman especially and Baxter could all contribute something while allowing some of the first teamers a rest and a kick up the bum for being so poor.

Let's face it, when we were in that bad run, we were losing anyway, those are the times to try something new and unexpected rather than doing the same old thing over and over again.

Duffy would look bad if he played premier league football. He is way off that level yet, he makes bad decisions and gets drawn into the wrong places very easily. Im not slagging him off, he is very inexperienced and at this point not good enough to play in the premier league there. Rodwell as a centre half would be light years ahead of him, and I wouldnt consider putting him there at this point.

Baxter is technically a great player, but is slow, weak and not very energetic. He would look out of place if he were to do anything other than the odd sub appearance. It may take years for him to be able to play or more likely he probably isnt likely to make the grade because of his lack of physical attributes.

I can never understand people saying play the kids. If they are good enough and ready then Moyes has proven he will play them. There is absolutely no point throwing a load of kids who wont do a job then into the first team because they would get smashed and it would potentially destroy them. BATE are technically decent as you would expect, experienced and fit. Put that team against someone like Birmingham and the score would have been 4-0 easy.

Agard isnt near the level of Jo or even an unfit and not arsed Yak. That is why Moyes would never start with someone like him over them, Baxter over Bily, Duffy over Hibbert etc.

There were some good performances, as Chris said, you have to be impressed by Bidwell having just turned 16 looking like he could easily be a 19 year old out there. Forshaw had a great eye for a pass and good skill. It remains to be seen how both develop physically though.

December 19, 2009, 05:41:13 PM
Reply #20

Derek

These things take time. The BATE game was just another stage in their development - not a sign that they're ready to play week in week out.

Promising, but that's it just now.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku