November 25, 2017, 05:42:35 PM

Author Topic: Yakubu  (Read 14473 times)

December 18, 2009, 02:01:29 PM
Reply #15

NSM

It was hardly a game for him to shine in. We all know the type of player he is. He never ran the ball down before injury so why are people complaining now? As the fella posted he's a inside the box player and there was none of that going on last night. I'm not defending his performances I'm just pointing out something we all already knew.

deCoubertin

December 18, 2009, 02:44:47 PM
Reply #16

StJimmy

If he is an inside the box player, why is he never inside the box?

Come to think of it, there must be something in the coaching, because Yak, Saha and Jo all seem to play on the left wing, and when we only have one forward its really frustrating because there ends up being no-one in the box. Strangely they don't seem to hug the right hand side, it is always the left hand side.

December 18, 2009, 02:48:26 PM
Reply #17

ilikebrunettes

he was a disgrace last night! time to fuck him off
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

December 18, 2009, 03:42:53 PM
Reply #18

Jamokachi

he was a disgrace last night! time to fuck him off

Time to fuck you off! You litter this place with idiotic comments on a daily basis, give it a rest.

The Yak was poor last night, but anyone who thinks he is (or should be) up to speed following last season's injury is setting themselves up for a fall. Moyes even said it would be sixth months of being back in and around the first team before we see the Yak we had pre-injury.

God help some of you when the likes of Arteta, Jags etc are back and not firing on all cylinders from the off, there'll be a mass suicide!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 03:44:34 PM by Jamokachi »

December 18, 2009, 03:47:14 PM
Reply #19

jonesy99

He is fucking awful! I also think he's older than 27? Heard about his age scandal before and i'm beginning to think its true!

December 18, 2009, 03:56:37 PM
Reply #20

ilikebrunettes

Time to fuck you off! You litter this place with idiotic comments on a daily basis, give it a rest.

The Yak was poor last night, but anyone who thinks he is (or should be) up to speed following last season's injury is setting themselves up for a fall. Moyes even said it would be sixth months of being back in and around the first team before we see the Yak we had pre-injury.

God help some of you when the likes of Arteta, Jags etc are back and not firing on all cylinders from the off, there'll be a mass suicide!

The Yak has shown throughout his career, he has a shelf life at each club! Ship him out before he loses value

December 18, 2009, 04:08:11 PM
Reply #21

Murf666

It wasn't his low work rate that worried me last night.  It was the fact that he couldn't trap a bag of cement and also looked considerably less sharp than said bag.

I worry how much that injury has taken out of him.

The Yak has shown throughout his career, he has a shelf life at each club! Ship him out before he loses value

I think he lost a considerable amount of value when he did his achillies.  Until he shows he's recovered properly and back to his best, then we'd only get buttons for him.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

December 18, 2009, 04:17:29 PM
Reply #22

ilikebrunettes

gold auld arry' will still take him! swap him for keane

December 18, 2009, 04:51:29 PM
Reply #23

Jamokachi

For some reason I thought I was replying to someone else. This first bit wasn't directed at you, sorry.

On the subject of The Yak. He isn't match fit and won't be for some time. I won't be judging him 'till next season.

Some of you are expecting far too much, far too soon.

December 18, 2009, 04:54:58 PM
Reply #24

ilikebrunettes

we can expect him to run at least, to look like he is bothered. To easy for people to say 'thats just the Yak' bollocks. If he has any ambition of being a top striker, he needs to improve

December 18, 2009, 05:07:55 PM
Reply #25

BluKnows

For fucks sake!

Yakubu has had possibley the worst injury a proffesional footballer could have and didn't kick a ball in anger for the best part of a year give the lad a chance eh!

Speaking of chances, they hardly came thick and fast last night did they, as the service improves the goals will flow (givin a chance to find his feet).

Personaly I'm not expecting anything like his best form until next season, taking into account the injury, time on the sidelines and current team performance levels.

I'm to young to remember but my dad always tells me about arguing with people who were slagging Latchford off for similar reasons, seems unthinkable eh, unfortunately the majority of football fans are very fickle (see this thread for proof).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 05:11:32 PM by BluKnows »
"Don't Forget Boys! 'One Evertonian Is Worth Twenty Liverpudlians"  Brian Labone  

December 18, 2009, 05:25:41 PM
Reply #26

Endless, Nameless

For some reason I thought I was replying to someone else. This first bit wasn't directed at you, sorry.

On the subject of The Yak. He isn't match fit and won't be for some time. I won't be judging him 'till next season.

Some of you are expecting far too much, far too soon.

Like I said, I didn't expect him to be running like Agard. The one thing I did expect was composure. He looked to be the second least composed player on the pitch last night (after Akpan) and that is disgraceful for an international player. He's lost his fitness, true, but he's been training and playing games for 3 months now, there's no excuse for such a lack of control.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 18, 2009, 05:33:16 PM
Reply #27

.Rimbo.

It's not time to fuck him off but I am definitely concerned about him. I mentioned this the other week but the idea was just thrown out of the window. His heels have gone walkies, pardon the pun, and he still looks absolutely crocked. Hopefully he'll get back to the player he once was but at the minute he's nowhere near that.

I don't think it's to do with laziness or bad attitude or anything like that though, I just think he's really struggling with his injury at the moment. Saha ahead of him every day of the week, twice on Sundays, at the moment.

December 18, 2009, 05:39:32 PM
Reply #28

MmmBlueRamirez

we can expect him to run at least, to look like he is bothered. To easy for people to say 'thats just the Yak' bollocks. If he has any ambition of being a top striker, he needs to improve

Ive noticed that you only ever turn up on here to slag players off.

You're a fucking clown of the highest order. Rafa's got nothing on you.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 18, 2009, 05:52:06 PM
Reply #29

blob

he did stink the place out last night, and if he isn't fit he shouldn't be playing.

he could be worrying more about another injury, than carrying one?

i hope we see the old yak back sooner rather than later, but he obviously needs time to regain some sort of form.