November 23, 2017, 01:38:00 PM

Author Topic: Yakubu  (Read 14444 times)

December 18, 2009, 05:53:07 PM
Reply #30

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He is a worry. But he is the best finisher at the club and when on form is deadly and links up well with the team, especially Pienaar.

What worries me is we now have 3 unreliable strikers. Saha is doing fantastically well this season being our only real goal scorer, but he is unreliable in that he can rarely last a game.

Jo is a good link up striker, but a poor finisher, while we know what yak's like at the moment.

I wonder how much of the Yak is the injury though. Don't forget he was absolute shite at the beginning of last season, although he'd actually managed to score a few goals, unlike this season.

I wonder if it's the way we seem to destroy any striker who comes to the club? Think Beattie, came with a good reputation, stank the place out, left a shadow of himself. AJ, good record, again nothing special with us and left a poor striker. The Yak, one of the Prem's best, but has only been good for 3 or 4 months with us.

Is it the style we are playing that's destroying these players? Again, it alludes to the hoof ball style Moyes seems to instill in our play.

What to do... what to do....
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

deCoubertin

December 18, 2009, 05:53:51 PM
Reply #31

BluKnows

Like I said, I didn't expect him to be running like Agard. The one thing I did expect was composure. He looked to be the second least composed player on the pitch last night (after Akpan) and that is disgraceful for an international player. He's lost his fitness, true, but he's been training and playing games for 3 months now, there's no excuse for such a lack of control.

There's a very good excuse, he had a career threatening injury and didn't play football or even train for almost a year!  :headbang:

Some people on here haven't got a clue!
"Don't Forget Boys! 'One Evertonian Is Worth Twenty Liverpudlians"  Brian Labone  

December 18, 2009, 05:57:02 PM
Reply #32

Jamokachi

he did stink the place out last night, and if he isn't fit he shouldn't be playing.

How do you get match fit without playing?

December 18, 2009, 06:04:10 PM
Reply #33

blob

How do you get match fit without playing?

i see you didn't use my full quote, so your comment is misleading.

fit, and match fit, are separate issues?

December 18, 2009, 06:06:22 PM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Last night was the perfect match to play him in to get fitter.

Don't think he got any fitter though.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 18, 2009, 06:15:00 PM
Reply #35

Jamokachi

i see you didn't use my full quote, so your comment is misleading.

fit, and match fit, are separate issues?

The rest of your post was irrelevant to my point.

I'm not arguing here, merely pointing out that to get match fit he needs to play games. Up untill being match fit he is going to look and be way off the pace. It's to be expected given what he's gone through.

December 18, 2009, 06:57:11 PM
Reply #36

Endless, Nameless

There's a very good excuse, he had a career threatening injury and didn't play football or even train for almost a year!  :headbang:

Oh behave. He showed a complete lack of interest, control and intelligence yesterday. I realise that he has had an incredibly serious injury, hence me not moaning in the two or so months he's been playing football again, but there is no excuse for his performance yesterday. He looked completely disinterested. If you keep making excuses for everything then you become disillusioned. I'll say it again, you can excuse his lack of pace, finishing and skill as he is recovering from an almighty injury but he should have played much better last night.

He is a worry. But he is the best finisher at the club and when on form is deadly and links up well with the team, especially Pienaar.

When on form and fit Saha is a better finisher than the Yak. the only things the Yak has on Saha is more strength and fitness (before this injury, anyway). Other than that we don't have a decent striker, finishing-wise, at the club. If they were both fit and on form, we'd have a lethal strikeforce though. I can dream.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 18, 2009, 07:34:29 PM
Reply #37

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think past scoring records prove Yak to be the superior finisher.

I did check their scoring ratios once and Yak's was superior despite playing for lesser clubs most of his career.
- Walt Disney

December 18, 2009, 07:54:13 PM
Reply #38

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
There's a very good excuse, he had a career threatening injury and didn't play football or even train for almost a year!  :headbang:

One can only play the injury card for so long, he's been back for about 3 months now and hasn't had 1 decent match.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 18, 2009, 08:15:41 PM
Reply #39

Jamokachi

One can only play the injury card for so long, he's been back for about 3 months now and hasn't had 1 decent match.

And moyes said it would take six months of playing first team football to recover fully.

December 18, 2009, 08:51:05 PM
Reply #40

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He will be loved next week Monday when he has scored the winner against Birmingham
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 18, 2009, 08:51:37 PM
Reply #41

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
And moyes said it would take six months of playing first team football to recover fully.

I'm not saying I expect him to be banging in goals left, right and centre but he's a lazy waste of space and that's down to more than the injury.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 18, 2009, 09:02:39 PM
Reply #42

huck

Last night was the perfect match to play him in to get fitter.

Don't think he got any fitter though.

This is my only problem with him yesterday.
Le Berry

December 18, 2009, 09:11:50 PM
Reply #43

Jamokachi

I'm not saying I expect him to be banging in goals left, right and centre but he's a lazy waste of space and that's down to more than the injury.

But you expect him to be match fit? The two go hand in hand with the Yak.

December 18, 2009, 09:24:39 PM
Reply #44

Dr. Sponge

When we have our creative players fit, he is on top of his game, a real top top top finisher, and with the strength of an ox.

But without them fit, he is half the player. Hence why Moyes has preferred not to start him in the competitive games....