November 23, 2017, 05:27:20 PM

Author Topic: Yakubu  (Read 14445 times)

December 18, 2009, 09:26:37 PM
Reply #45

BluKnows

Oh behave. He showed a complete lack of interest, control and intelligence yesterday. I realise that he has had an incredibly serious injury, hence me not moaning in the two or so months he's been playing football again, but there is no excuse for his performance yesterday. He looked completely disinterested. If you keep making excuses for everything then you become disillusioned. I'll say it again, you can excuse his lack of pace, finishing and skill as he is recovering from an almighty injury but he should have played much better last night.

When on form and fit Saha is a better finisher than the Yak. the only things the Yak has on Saha is more strength and fitness (before this injury, anyway). Other than that we don't have a decent striker, finishing-wise, at the club. If they were both fit and on form, we'd have a lethal strikeforce though. I can dream.

Bit of a contradiction that isn't it? Besides its not Yakubu's natural game to get involved in build up play, never has been and never will, he'll do his job provided with a decent service (incase you hadn't noticed the service last night and in recent weeks has been far from decent).

Unfortunately you fail to comprehend circumstance, the effect of serious injuries on form, service (or lack of), players roles or their natural game, you form your opinions based on the obvious, if it's not black or white you just don't get it. Don't worry though your in the majority, as I said clueless.  
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 09:30:33 PM by BluKnows »
"Don't Forget Boys! 'One Evertonian Is Worth Twenty Liverpudlians"  Brian Labone  

deCoubertin

December 18, 2009, 09:31:16 PM
Reply #46

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Quick question, Kris Boyd scores a lot of goals but isn't much of an all around player, would you have him?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 18, 2009, 09:33:26 PM
Reply #47

BluKnows

Quick question, Kris Boyd scores a lot of goals but isn't much of an all around player, would you have him?

Lots of premier league goals? I must have missed those!
"Don't Forget Boys! 'One Evertonian Is Worth Twenty Liverpudlians"  Brian Labone  

December 18, 2009, 09:54:02 PM
Reply #48

Jamokachi

wut?

December 18, 2009, 10:12:20 PM
Reply #49

Ridge

Feed him and he will score more often than not, if he doesn't get fed, he won't. When he's not scoring people hate his work rate, but its the same level of work rate as when he's banging in the goals. His match fitness isn't great and he is still getting back up to speed from a severe injury, it takes time and your mentality is cautious, unless your Vaughan..

Osman and Hibbert have always had more endeavour, but get criticised for ability. Nobody's perfect, you have to work with what you have and play to your strengths. There is virtually no striker that can compare to Yak's goal return, especially when you consider the clubs he was banging them in for, before us I mean.

December 18, 2009, 10:52:24 PM
Reply #50

Endless, Nameless

Bit of a contradiction that isn't it? Besides its not Yakubu's natural game to get involved in build up play, never has been and never will, he'll do his job provided with a decent service (incase you hadn't noticed the service last night and in recent weeks has been far from decent).

Unfortunately you fail to comprehend circumstance, the effect of serious injuries on form, service (or lack of), players roles or their natural game, you form your opinions based on the obvious, if it's not black or white you just don't get it. Don't worry though your in the majority, as I said clueless.  

:headbang:

Wow. Nice. Do you always base your entire opinion of someone on a few forum posts? Bet you have lots of friends.
Anyway, it is not a contradiction in the slightest. He should have played much better. I said what I think you can excuse, but the inexcusable things included a lack of effort, control and intelligence. If he'd have shown more of them, he would have played much better.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 18, 2009, 11:00:25 PM
Reply #51

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

OK I agree that Yakubu was an embaressment against BATE but, Jo isn't fit to serve the Yaks dinner (Probably wouldn't be able to lift the plate anyways).

Keep Yak, swerve Jo.
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

December 18, 2009, 11:03:49 PM
Reply #52

Endless, Nameless

OK I agree that Yakubu was an embaressment against BATE but, Jo isn't fit to serve the Yaks dinner (Probably wouldn't be able to lift the plate anyways).

Keep Yak, swerve Jo.

I completely agree, I still think the Yak will come good. His goal against Chelski showed us he still has it in him, although it was an easy goal, he took it decisively and with an aura of calm. And get rid of Jo anyway. He is shit - fact.

December 18, 2009, 11:30:58 PM
Reply #53

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yet Jo has played a lot better than Yak in the past few weeks.

That's what I've said earlier in this thread, we currently have no reliable strikers.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 18, 2009, 11:34:56 PM
Reply #54

Haile GAZrselassie

i dont get where people are coming from criticising yak. he has never been a workhorse who will chase down lost causes and balls into the channels.

just look at how he performs though when he's given the ball in the box or when he has the ball at his feet, he creates chances for himself with his strength and is as lethal a finisher as the premiership has currently.

he's far from up to speed at present. moyes said himself not so long ago the way we're playing at present is not suited to his game. and that's when he's only played a dozen games since being off injured for a year.

it's hard to understand why anyone would get annoyed by anything that's happening at present. wait until we have a fully fit squad that has been playing and training together for a couple of months and we'll see how much people have to moan about.

the unfortunate thing is that it will be about march by then.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 19, 2009, 12:00:37 AM
Reply #55

ayrshire toffeeman

someone quoted early on in this chance to slag off yak day ,about the chance when agard shot from corner of box but if osman passed the ball to yakubu earlier he might have had a chance of scoring one of the few chances we had last night.and also his scoring rate in the premier has been highlighted  by andy gray during a game to be up there with the best in premier history.so i would take an unfit yak trying to get fit ,i bet he is pissed off with whats happened to him whilst also trying nto get into the nigerian squad for acn.give him time has anyone from the club slagged him off or moaned about him,give the players a chance ,,remember there all trying to get or stay fit to help team out

December 19, 2009, 12:02:47 AM
Reply #56

Endless, Nameless

Yet Jo has played a lot better than Yak in the past few weeks.

That's what I've said earlier in this thread, we currently have no reliable strikers.

Yes, you're right. But that says something about Jo, doesn't it. He has had enough games, enough chances and has been fit and he just hasn't done anything.

December 19, 2009, 12:07:27 AM
Reply #57

ayrshire toffeeman

and to answer the earlier question about kriss im a wanker boyd :wanker: no i would not want him near an everton shirt the ex killie shite pricks,he  is a lazy fucker who expects to play everyweek .as an ayr united fan also can you tell i detest killie and him ,sorry this  is not about yakubu

December 19, 2009, 12:18:46 AM
Reply #58

Endless, Nameless

It's much easier to read your words of wisdom when you use coherent grammar ;)

December 19, 2009, 12:19:29 AM
Reply #59

Haile GAZrselassie

and to answer the earlier question about kriss im a wanker boyd :wanker: no i would not want him near an everton shirt the ex killie shite pricks,he  is a lazy fucker who expects to play everyweek .as an ayr united fan also can you tell i detest killie and him ,sorry this  is not about yakubu

ahhhhhhhh good old ayr.

i'll never forget the time i was about 11 yars old up visiting family in glasgow when my old man piped up asking me if i wanted to go to ayr for a day out!

what's at ayr i asked.

and before my dad could say a word my cousin proclaimed "AIR" as in that's all there is there.

he wasn't wrong. the mst boring place i've ever visited in my life. certainly for an 11 yr old lad anyhow.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!