November 18, 2017, 08:21:39 PM

Author Topic: Yakubu  (Read 14406 times)

December 19, 2009, 12:41:25 AM
Reply #60

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, you're right. But that says something about Jo, doesn't it. He has had enough games, enough chances and has been fit and he just hasn't done anything.

He's been in and out of the team all season, I don't think he's had much of a run at all up until lately. And now he's starting to get better, Chelsea game aside. Think there could be more to come from him. I don't know what, but something says to me that he will make it.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

deCoubertin

December 19, 2009, 02:42:15 AM
Reply #61

Endless, Nameless

He's been in and out of the team all season, I don't think he's had much of a run at all up until lately. And now he's starting to get better, Chelsea game aside. Think there could be more to come from him. I don't know what, but something says to me that he will make it.

The problem is that if he does find his place or a vein of real form, it will benefit Man City only. Whether that be through his price going up, or them having another good player to add to their roster. It's a lose-lose for us.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 19, 2009, 03:00:01 AM
Reply #62

BluKnows

:headbang:

Wow. Nice. Do you always base your entire opinion of someone on a few forum posts? Bet you have lots of friends.
Anyway, it is not a contradiction in the slightest. He should have played much better. I said what I think you can excuse, but the inexcusable things included a lack of effort,

control and intelligence. If he'd have shown more of them, he would have played much better.

firstly, what the fuck! You sound like a teenage girl.

Secondly, he's not Robbie Savage, the headless chicken act never has and never will be in Yakubu's nature.

Last but not least, control (actually has always been a bit hit and miss), and lack of intelligence, I'd ask you to explain that but you've shown a lack of it yourself so I won't bother.

Anyway I haven't formed an opinion on you based on your posts, just your understanding of football. 
"Don't Forget Boys! 'One Evertonian Is Worth Twenty Liverpudlians"  Brian Labone  

December 19, 2009, 03:09:48 AM
Reply #63

Endless, Nameless

firstly, what the fuck! You sound like a teenage girl.

Secondly, he's not Robbie Savage, the headless chicken act never has and never will be in Yakubu's nature.

Last but not least, control (actually has always been a bit hit and miss), and lack of intelligence, I'd ask you to explain that but you've shown a lack of it yourself so I won't bother.

Anyway I haven't formed an opinion on you based on your posts, just your understanding of football.  

Ok, I lol'ed. Fair dues like, but I don't claim to be a football expert. I'm not completely imbecilic though. And I mean he showed a lack of footballing intelligence, like he missed Agards run when he passed it into the box, as the Yak was basically in our half. When the lads built up play, the Yak went to challenge his man instead of passing, and as we know he's no Ronaldo that was clearly a dumb move.
I'm kind of sick of people like you slagging me off, have you not got anything better to do? I post my opinions, dispute them if you must and I'll explain them, that's all good. No need to get so personal. In fact... it makes YOU sound like a teenage girl ;)

December 19, 2009, 03:16:39 AM
Reply #64

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Teenage girls everywhere getting ready to spam callum
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 19, 2009, 03:17:35 AM
Reply #65

BluKnows

Ok, I lol'ed. Fair dues like, but I don't claim to be a football expert. I'm not completely imbecilic though. And I mean he showed a lack of footballing intelligence, like he missed Agards run when he passed it into the box, as the Yak was basically in our half. When the lads built up play, the Yak went to challenge his man instead of passing, and as we know he's no Ronaldo that was clearly a dumb move.
I'm kind of sick of people like you slagging me off, have you not got anything better to do? I post my opinions, dispute them if you must and I'll explain them, that's all good. No need to get so personal. In fact... it makes YOU sound like a teenage girl ;)

Don't be so sensitive, it makes you sound like... forget it  :whistle:  
"Don't Forget Boys! 'One Evertonian Is Worth Twenty Liverpudlians"  Brian Labone  

December 19, 2009, 03:26:00 AM
Reply #66

Endless, Nameless

Teenage girls everywhere getting ready to spam callum

I was going to say there probably aren't any on here, but after reading some peoples posts... Haha

Don't be so sensitive, it makes you sound like... forget it  :whistle: 

Yeah, we need a new insult mate. Message me when you come up with one, thanks :D

December 19, 2009, 05:06:29 AM
Reply #67

brap.

honestly, sometimes the yak's control and first touch is pure class, and his hold up and link up play is probably the best in the team WHEN he is in the mood. Even at times last night there was moments of class, even when he was having a nightmare game. I am a big yak fan, and i am willing to get behind him and hope he can recover and get back to his best, but history has shown he tends to get a little bored after a year or two at a club.   

December 19, 2009, 05:55:50 AM
Reply #68

jonesy99

honestly, sometimes the yak's control and first touch is pure class, and his hold up and link up play is probably the best in the team WHEN he is in the mood. Even at times last night there was moments of class, even when he was having a nightmare game. I am a big yak fan, and i am willing to get behind him and hope he can recover and get back to his best, but history has shown he tends to get a little bored after a year or two at a club.   

When your wearing a blue shirt you should be in the mood all the time! and if your not then you shouldn't be in the team! every time he pulls on the shirt he should feel proud to play for such a brilliant club! He should be proud to play for us and not just be at our club for his paycheck.

December 19, 2009, 06:35:23 AM
Reply #69

brap.

that's modern football mate.

December 19, 2009, 06:43:15 AM
Reply #70

Endless, Nameless

When your wearing a blue shirt you should be in the mood all the time! and if your not then you shouldn't be in the team! every time he pulls on the shirt he should feel proud to play for such a brilliant club! He should be proud to play for us and not just be at our club for his paycheck.
this
@brap  and yet most of our players fall into this category.

December 20, 2009, 06:45:40 PM
Reply #71

Bluescouse1

The Yak has always been Lazy
Its just some here have just woke up and smelt the rose's
Before he has had Mikel hitting him with decent balls so he does not need to do much work
But if he has to work for the ball forget it

December 20, 2009, 07:28:21 PM
Reply #72

blue for you

he might be lazy but he can score goals look at his record for middlesbrough portsmouth and
got 21 goals for us in his first season. was doing well last season untill he got injured against
spurs. give him a break for fuck sake still has more goals than jo and hasn't played as many games.

December 21, 2009, 03:27:09 AM
Reply #73

toffee_scot

he might be lazy but he can score goals look at his record for middlesbrough portsmouth and
got 21 goals for us in his first season. was doing well last season untill he got injured against
spurs. give him a break for fuck sake still has more goals than jo and hasn't played as many games.

Yakubu and Jo have both scored only 2 goals.

December 21, 2009, 10:43:50 AM
Reply #74

blueski

When we first signed Yak and he was not match fit, he had a month and a half long stretch where he was struggling to get up to pace. All the while people were slagging him off for being fat and lazy, which he did look. I'm hopeful this is just a stage along the way to full fitness for him, just like back then. You only have to look at his past goalscoring record to know he can finish quite well, with both feet and in the air.
Nil Satis