November 18, 2017, 04:27:22 PM

Author Topic: Rumour on Kipper is...  (Read 3706 times)

February 15, 2010, 03:11:29 AM
Read 3706 times

.Rimbo.

that Jagielka is going to make the bench for the Sporting game.

Can't see it myself, I don't know how reliable "Gaz" is but a few seem to believe it.

deCoubertin

February 15, 2010, 03:12:10 AM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I don't see why we would even need him on the bench. 

February 15, 2010, 03:27:16 AM
Reply #2

BlueWool

To start the road to full fitness of out best central defender? If he's ready get him on the bench.

February 15, 2010, 03:27:17 AM
Reply #3

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

You get about 40 people allowed on the bench in Europe though, so if he's fit then why not!

February 15, 2010, 03:29:46 AM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Has he even played in the reserves?  Our best defender should not be on the bench for a game we don't need him for.  Let the lad get fit behind closed doors first.  Can't wait to see him back but we have waited this long so why rush it.

February 15, 2010, 03:32:37 AM
Reply #5

BlueWool

I've no idea as to his readiness. I thought you were saying we have good central defenders and we don't really need him yet. I trust Moyes to determine the time, he's been sensible and prudent with Arteta and Yakubu.

February 15, 2010, 03:39:04 AM
Reply #6

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I've no idea as to his readiness. I thought you were saying we have good central defenders and we don't really need him yet. I trust Moyes to determine the time, he's been sensible and prudent with Arteta and Yakubu.

No, I am saying we have a good enough side to beat Lisbon without him.  I think Senderos and Distin should be fine with the class midfield they should have in front of them.

February 15, 2010, 03:52:20 AM
Reply #7

bluedavey

Can't see any harm having him on the bench if he's ready -with Senderos And Distin the only senior CB's available he may be needed

February 15, 2010, 06:27:27 AM
Reply #8

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It would be a bad idea in such an important game, as it was I feel with Arteta in the FA Cup. Any league game, sure but not a cup game until he is ready.

February 15, 2010, 06:37:14 AM
Reply #9

bloody scally

It would be a bad idea in such an important game, as it was I feel with Arteta in the FA Cup. Any league game, sure but not a cup game until he is ready.

this.

February 15, 2010, 09:45:36 AM
Reply #10

American Evertonian

Doesn't matter if he is on the bench or not until he actually can play.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

February 15, 2010, 10:22:32 AM
Reply #11

claimabstract

I don't.  Putting Arteta into a really physical game against Brum was pretty stupid, in my opinion.

February 15, 2010, 04:51:53 PM
Reply #12

phillyt

i think we can have 7 on the bench.  if we can i can see no harm in doing it. Kids are often put on the bench to experience them up. If jags was on the bench it would give the crowd an instant buzz. Even if moyes has no intention of playing him. And did mikel play in the reserves before his sub appearance?
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

February 15, 2010, 05:37:48 PM
Reply #13

Abraders

i think we can have 7 on the bench.  if we can i can see no harm in doing it. Kids are often put on the bench to experience them up. If jags was on the bench it would give the crowd an instant buzz. Even if moyes has no intention of playing him. And did mikel play in the reserves before his sub appearance?
Yeah he played behind close doors against bury with big vic.

February 15, 2010, 05:50:30 PM
Reply #14

Echoance

Morale.

As phillyt alluded to, it's gonna be a massive boost to fans, squad, team and, most important, Jags himself. It'll make him feel part of the team again and he'll see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Even if Moyes has told him he won't get on, it'll do him the world of good.