November 18, 2017, 12:38:48 PM

Author Topic: Distin/Yakubu etc.  (Read 4874 times)

February 17, 2010, 03:57:24 AM
Read 4874 times

.Rimbo.

If we're singling players out, Joseph Yobo. Top dollar tonight, rock at the back, used his strengths well and, surprisingly, distributed the ball a lot better. If he played like that every week, I'd have no qualms with him.

Take a bow, Joey. Man of the match for me.

deCoubertin

February 17, 2010, 03:58:47 AM
Reply #1

Endless, Nameless

If we're singling players out, Joseph Yobo. Top dollar tonight, rock at the back, used his strengths well and, surprisingly, distributed the ball a lot better. If he played like that every week, I'd have no qualms with him.

Take a bow, Joey. Man of the match for me.

I wasn't that impressed. From what I saw, he did a couple of things right and a couple of things wrong. I wasn't paying that much attention to him though.

Timmy Cahill is MOTM for me. Outstanding and he'll be sorely missed if he can't play on Saturday.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 17, 2010, 04:00:49 AM
Reply #2

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Players are always singled out on here, for better or for worse!

Yeah he slotted in well and looked solid in general once he'd settled down from a nervy first few touches, which were understandable.

February 17, 2010, 04:02:17 AM
Reply #3

evertonjoe

Just got in from the game so not sure what everyone else thought but in my opinion distin was having a fantastic game until Rodwell's shit pass got him sent off. Also Osman was amazing tonight like a tiny Fellaini.

R.A.P Music

February 17, 2010, 04:02:38 AM
Reply #4

Endless, Nameless

Just got in from the game so not sure what everyone else thought but in my opinion distin was having a fantastic game until Rodwell's shit pass got him sent off. Also Osman was amazing tonight like a tiny Fellaini.

this

February 17, 2010, 04:05:07 AM
Reply #5

.Rimbo.

Don't get me wrong lads, Osman, Cahill, Baines...there were a few big performances out there, I just thought Yobo was the most surprising and probably the best of all them. On the evidence of that, I'd go Yobo and Heitinga until Jagielka's fit.

February 17, 2010, 04:11:54 AM
Reply #6

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

A lot of people thought Distin had an excellent game but I don't think he did.  He took chances a couple of times with possession, including in my opinion the one that cost us a goal.  Yes Rodwell's pass was ridiculous, but Disting should have dealt with it better, safety first and all that.  He'd tried to go round attackers in silly positions a few times previously and got away with it.  Outside of that he let them in for a great chance first half by diving in and giving their wide player the freedom of Goodison to cross, and he had another incident in the 2nd half where he got himself in to all sorts of bother trying to deal with a simple ball in to the box.

I actually think Distin's a decent player, but I just didn't see a good game from him tonight.

February 17, 2010, 04:13:04 AM
Reply #7

Endless, Nameless

A lot of people thought Distin had an excellent game but I don't think he did.  He took chances a couple of times with possession, including in my opinion the one that cost us a goal.  Yes Rodwell's pass was ridiculous, but Disting should have dealt with it better, safety first and all that.  He'd tried to go round attackers in silly positions a few times previously and got away with it.  Outside of that he let them in for a great chance first half by diving in and giving their wide player the freedom of Goodison to cross, and he had another incident in the 2nd half where he got himself in to all sorts of bother trying to deal with a simple ball in to the box.

I actually think Distin's a decent player, but I just didn't see a good game from him tonight.

Anyone forgetting that Distin (or rather his wang) scored the second? Surely that counts for something?

Moyes said it himself as well, "it was a bad pass he had to control".

February 17, 2010, 04:15:07 AM
Reply #8

Frantic

Osman was my MOTM and it was good to see the Yak look a 'bit' better lol.

February 17, 2010, 04:16:30 AM
Reply #9

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone forgetting that Distin (or rather his wang) scored the second? Surely that counts for something?

Moyes said it himself as well, "it was a bad pass he had to control".

No, I'm not forgetting he scored however I don't let a goal which let's be fair he knew nothing about deflect from an objective critique of his overall performance.

Yes, it was a bad pass and I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise.

February 17, 2010, 04:22:26 AM
Reply #10

blue for you

pienaar had a great game great goal and make's the everton team tick, yobo very good as well
he would of put that pass from jack rodwell in row z

February 17, 2010, 04:30:58 AM
Reply #11

.Rimbo.

I don't think Pienaar did have a good game to be honest bfy. He was alright like, nice touches here and there, but he's played much better than that recently (City, Burnley, Arsenal etc.). Looks off-colour since the Brum game though.

February 17, 2010, 04:37:12 AM
Reply #12

ToxtethBlue

I thought he was an accident waiting to happen to be honest, and I'm not a Yobo hater.

He never looks comfortable in European football.
ToxtethBlue

February 17, 2010, 04:42:26 AM
Reply #13

Gash

Global Moderator
pienaar had a great game great goal and make's the everton team tick, yobo very good as well
he would of put that pass from jack rodwell in row z

Decent first half, I thought he was very quiet in the second though.

February 17, 2010, 04:44:42 AM
Reply #14

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Osman was my MOTM and it was good to see the Yak look a 'bit' better lol.

I probably would have made Ossie MOTM too, thought he had a great game.