November 22, 2017, 07:58:58 AM

Author Topic: Distin/Yakubu etc.  (Read 4877 times)

February 17, 2010, 05:37:30 PM
Reply #30

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I agree and disagree with a lot of people in this thread.

I thought Distin was ok before Sporting's goal but he was very shakey in parts of the game, I remember he went flying into some tackle when he didn't have to. Someone has said the Yak was terrible which I totally disagree with. He didn't score or set up a goal but he came on and did do well. He had a brilliant chance which the keeper saved and had some brilliant link up play with Saha. It was a good 20 minutes or so by the Yak and he looked sharp. Donovan wasn't in the game much but he did do a few good things throughout the game and he wasn't really seeing any of the ball. I think Cahill has been fantastic in the past two games and done very well yesterday and he will be missed against United if he is out. Osman again was very good, he has improved a lot since moving back into central midfield and is much much more effective there than on the wing.

Finally, I am delighted with Yobo's performance. He was solid at the back and we needed his pace at the back which proved very useful. After the match yesterday I thought he done ok but I watched it back yesterday and he done really well. I can't understand the people who are saying his distribution was awful in the game. He didn't actually play many long balls yesterday and the ones he did actually went to the player.
only saw the game once but i will say you are spot on

deCoubertin

February 17, 2010, 05:38:51 PM
Reply #31

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Its not a case of how many bad passes, my point is that 99% of his passes are simply just a lofted pass forward. Dont get me wrong, he had a good game and his pace at the back is invaluable.
that's simply bollocks coming from one called kevtherat........   could you give me your verdict of kev the rat then ???

February 17, 2010, 06:34:00 PM
Reply #32

KevtheRat

that's simply bollocks coming from one called kevtherat........   could you give me your verdict of kev the rat then ???

Of course - Legend in my eyes.

February 17, 2010, 07:10:47 PM
Reply #33

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
One of Distin's flaws is that he reacts badly to a mistake.

There was one instance in the 1st half over by the paddock where he got sucked in to their forward who played it out wide. To compensate for the initial mistake he launched himself into a tackle and completely missed everything.

To a certain extent the same type of thing happened with the penalty, although I can understand why he tried to make the tackle.

February 17, 2010, 07:47:58 PM
Reply #34

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Of course - Legend in my eyes.
like duncan ferguson ? 

February 17, 2010, 10:13:35 PM
Reply #35

KevtheRat

like duncan ferguson ? 

Dunc was no legend in my eyes, more of an idol than a legend. Not for me though.

February 18, 2010, 08:57:40 PM
Reply #36

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Dunc was no legend in my eyes, more of an idol than a legend. Not for me though.
agree on that one   :cheers: