November 24, 2017, 07:18:33 PM

Author Topic: everton v united  (Read 29147 times)

February 17, 2010, 05:48:36 PM
Reply #15

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Come on, apart from last season when we beat their reserves on pens, when have we ever given them a good game and won?
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

February 17, 2010, 05:49:01 PM
Reply #16

jmag85

Howard

Neville
Heitinga
Yobo
Baines

Rodwell
Arteta
Osman

Piennar
Donavan

Saha

If not that I'd like to see2 upfront with Yak swapped with Rodwell.

February 17, 2010, 05:54:36 PM
Reply #17

Jamokachi

wouldnt drop osman, was our best player last night i thought, kept moutinho quiet!!

Meh, Europe is very a very different proposition, we all know how good Osman is in that competition. I just want to see Bily given a chance in his natural position and I think the formation I put forward has more balance to it.

February 17, 2010, 05:55:23 PM
Reply #18

Endless, Nameless

Come on, apart from last season when we beat their reserves on pens, when have we ever given them a good game and won?

I was there when we won 1-0 back in '05. One of the best days of my young life :)

But we as we proved last week, records and statistics can be turned on their head. We beat Chelsea for the first time in 10 years, so beating United isn't that unbelieveable. We can do it.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 17, 2010, 05:56:56 PM
Reply #19

bang

Blarg were you saying rooney plays shit against us or we playbad against them. Rooney looks fantastic at the moment so ihope he goes easy. Purely hypothetically if we had Rooney And a fit squad do you think were better than them or close or still not as good

February 17, 2010, 06:01:48 PM
Reply #20

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Blarg were you saying rooney plays shit against us or we playbad against them. Rooney looks fantastic at the moment so ihope he goes easy. Purely hypothetically if we had Rooney And a fit squad do you think were better than them or close or still not as good

Am saying we always struggle against them, even when we play better against them. I think it's a mental thing like with Chelsea. I hope we can beat them of course, but with Moyes' extremely poor record against top 4 sides, he has a lot to prove in this regard.

If we had Rooney, of course we'd be closer to them, perhaps top 4 quality even.

February 17, 2010, 06:07:51 PM
Reply #21

bang

Inthink it is a mental thing but also I'm sure the top teams are more consistant against us. There haven't been too many bad performances against us, whereas when they play other teams they can take their foot of the pedal. My point about Rooney was that I think they would struggle without him. I was watching him last night rather than watching the game, he has so much drive andit was a positional masterclass.

February 17, 2010, 06:09:55 PM
Reply #22

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
For a top club like Utd, on paper, I think they do have an average looking squad. But of course on the pitch they seem to always be able to pull it off. Yep, Rooney has become the new Ronaldo for them for sure.

February 17, 2010, 06:16:56 PM
Reply #23

bang

For a top club like Utd, on paper, I think they do have an average looking squad. But of course on the pitch they seem to always be able to pull it off. Yep, Rooney has become the new Ronaldo for them for sure.

absolutely, maybe even more so than ronaldo. I couldn't see him performing as well as Rooney is in their current team. For me in terms of abilty and what he offers the team in terms of inspiration and drive, he is the best player in the world at the moment

February 17, 2010, 06:22:15 PM
Reply #24

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
for somebody who makes the odd good point or two on occasions , you don't half talk some shite the rest of the time

Other than the 1 half decent performance at GP last season, when was the last time you saw us play well against them?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 17, 2010, 06:29:43 PM
Reply #25

nomorechang

RIP
Other than the 1 half decent performance at GP last season, when was the last time you saw us play well against them?

Old Trafford last season they only beat us on a dodgy penalty award , we contained them well , previous season when pienaar tripped one of their players up in the area , still don't know why he did that , just stook his heel out , The Manny Fernandes game at GP , we were well on top until Turner dropped the ball to give them a jammy goal , Duncan's game ........
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

February 17, 2010, 06:32:02 PM
Reply #26

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
But we still get nothing out of them. Maybe a draw here and there. Nothing proper.

February 17, 2010, 06:47:47 PM
Reply #27

evertonjoe

But we still get nothing out of them. Maybe a draw here and there. Nothing proper.

Exactly like our encounters with Chelsea before last Wednesday.

R.A.P Music

February 17, 2010, 06:57:58 PM
Reply #28

ToxtethBlue

Howard

Neville
Heitinga
Distin
Baines

Donovan
Rodwell
Osman
Arteta
Pienaar

Saha

I'd go like that, but with a midfield three instead of two centre midfielders and a second striker. Hopefully Donovan and Pienaar can play closer to Saha, making it more of a 4-3-3 when we attack.

I wouldn't move Osman behind the striker, he usually gets bullied there and struggles with his back to goal, I also think we'll need his energy and tenacity in the middle of the park, considering Mikel's lack of fitness.

ToxtethBlue

February 17, 2010, 07:03:03 PM
Reply #29

Sharky

he'll either play billy in the cahill role or rodwell in the center mid role and then push someone forward.
otherwise usual team:

Howard

Neville
Yobo
Heitinga
Baines

Donovan
Arteta
Osman
Pienaar

Rodwell DM /Billy CAM

Saha

id like to see billy play there as people have said hes going to be cahill's replacement so we'll see.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.