November 22, 2017, 09:03:11 PM

Author Topic: everton v united  (Read 29120 times)

February 18, 2010, 06:34:22 PM
Reply #45

Thom

Administrator
--------------Howard-----------
Neville--Yobo---Distin---Baines
Donovan--Heitinga--Arteta--Pienaar
---------------Osman---------
-----------Saha-----------

Bench: Nash, Coleman, Yakubu, Vaughan, Billy, Baxter, Rodwell

1-1. Rooney for them, Saha for us.

February 18, 2010, 06:57:46 PM
Reply #46

Abraders

Howard
Coleman Yobo Heitinga Baines
Donovan Neville Osman Arteta Pienaar
Saha

Bench: Nash, Yakubu, Vaughan, Bilyaletdinov, Rodwell, Distin, Anichebe

We will at the very least earn a draw but it will be very difficult.

February 18, 2010, 07:04:34 PM
Reply #47

kunal32

If Cahill's out it would be good to see Moyes go 4-4-2. With the Yak and Saha up front surely they could have a real good go at a defence with possibly Brown/Evans at the back, though I doubt that'll happen.

1-1

February 18, 2010, 08:58:26 PM
Reply #48

ToxtethBlue

I think it'll be Pienaar behind Saha and Bilyaletdinov wide left if Cahill is out, which he probably will be. Pienaar has experience in the position, he has the workrate and tenacity that Cahill has and obviously he's creative and always willing to get involved, which will improve our passing options.

ToxtethBlue

February 19, 2010, 12:37:50 AM
Reply #49

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think it'll be Pienaar behind Saha and Bilyaletdinov wide left if Cahill is out, which he probably will be. Pienaar has experience in the position, he has the workrate and tenacity that Cahill has and obviously he's creative and always willing to get involved, which will improve our passing options.

Given how well Baines and Pienaar work together I would be reluctant to break them up.  If we do go 4-5-1 with Cahill out Bily should get a go.  He has proved he likes pass and move and running into the box and he has the height (if not the strength) to at least make a nuisance of himself in the air. 

February 19, 2010, 01:21:20 AM
Reply #50

ToxtethBlue

True, but we did beat the likes of Man City and Chelsea without the Baines/Pienaar combination. I'm just going by what Moyes did during the Sporting game, he put Bilyaletdinov on the left and pushed Pienaar into a central role, behind the striker.

The lack of height in that side is worry, it's quite technical and hardworking, but there is a lack of presence there, Cahill seems to balance it out nicely with his physical, aggressive style of play. I think Arteta is a very capable defender, intelligent and aware, but he's still a yard or two off the pace, so it's a bit of a worry.
ToxtethBlue

February 19, 2010, 01:34:45 AM
Reply #51

plumber

Given how well Baines and Pienaar work together I would be reluctant to break them up.  If we do go 4-5-1 with Cahill out Bily should get a go.  He has proved he likes pass and move and running into the box and he has the height (if not the strength) to at least make a nuisance of himself in the air. 
Billy is woeful in the air, actually. But yes, it  would be interesting to see him in Cahill's role finally.

February 19, 2010, 02:44:04 AM
Reply #52

Gash

Global Moderator
If we can keep Rooney quiet, like we did with Drogba and Anelka, we can be in with a shout. Usual story though, depends which Everton turn up.

A draw of any kind will do me. Anything more is a massive bonus.

February 19, 2010, 03:39:31 AM
Reply #53

Sprooly

If we stop rooney (and the ref :P) we have a real real chance
We have to win the midfield battle which we would of done with felli :( but now i can see Moyes Moving Neville to Midfield and then Heitinga to Right Back or take Heitinga from CB to DM and Play Yobo and Distin

United will play a 4-4-2, 4-5-1 would defiantly be better in this case

my team would be
-------------------Howard----------------
Neville----Yobo---Distin---Baines
----------Heitinga--------Arteta--------
Donovan------------------------Pienaar
-------------------Billy---------------------
------------------Saha--------------------
BENCH: Nash Coleman Senderos (if fit) Rodwell Osman Yakubu Vaughan

Will be good to see a creative force play in-between the defenders and midfielerds of united

February 19, 2010, 03:42:00 AM
Reply #54

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Billy is woeful in the air, actually. But yes, it  would be interesting to see him in Cahill's role finally.

He is but his height alone will at least give them something to think about.  Pienaar certainly won't win any headers in the middle either and I would rather see him on the left.  Bily has a better shot on him for me and I would rather see him being the one getting onto any crosses and through balls.

February 19, 2010, 04:29:50 AM
Reply #55

Dr. Sponge

I'd be reluctant to remove Heitinga from central defence. I say keep him there, he's settled and performing well in favoured position, and I think he'll keep Rooney quiet.

It'll be the same team, except Bilya in for Cahill.

February 19, 2010, 06:09:13 PM
Reply #56

aylesbury blue

howard
neville yobo heitinga baines
donovan osman arteta billy
pienaar
saha

Yes please.

2-2, saha pienaar, rooney (2)
Phil Jagielka's best mate and the best player to have played with Tony Cottee....2 brief descriptions of Richie Boyle.

February 19, 2010, 06:37:01 PM
Reply #57

top flight for a long time

Rooney is unplayable apprently.  Well, yes, if you let him wander into your box unmarked like AC then he is.  Absolute crap.
They are aso missing Giggs and Nani so that reduces their midfield threat somewhat.

United were lucky to still be in the game at half time and the 3-2 does not reflect the play.  Their defence is awful and if we can get at them then we'll win.

We're forever Everton....

February 19, 2010, 07:02:50 PM
Reply #58

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Vidic is quite mistake-prone with no Ferdinand. Need Louis to be at his best tomorrow.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 19, 2010, 07:11:06 PM
Reply #59

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Vidic is quite mistake-prone with no Ferdinand. Need Louis to be at his best tomorrow.

Agreed.

He's mistake prone under pressure. Although he's not like Bramble of old where he could just throw in some mad error at any point of the game.

Which basically means that we have to have a high tempo and chase balls over the top particularly well.

I also agree with TopFlight.

They could/should have been at least 2-0 down in that first half in Milan.

They still have a formidable attacking threat, so that means we must be clinical when chances come our way.