September 19, 2019, 09:26:04 AM

Author Topic: everton v united  (Read 38691 times)

February 20, 2010, 07:46:03 PM
Read 38691 times

bryan

We have kept the ball on the floor and maintained possession very well.  Sort of looked like Arsenal passing the ball about!  Let's go for a 3-2 win - I don't see us keeping Rooney off the scoresheet in the second half.  Saha and Rodwell to do the business!

February 20, 2010, 08:42:24 PM
Reply #1

bryan

Played that lot off the park today.  We were under control, but pressing forward without gifting them possession.  Six amazing points in the last two weeks.  Who would have thought that when we were dreading the February fixture list?  COYB!!!

February 20, 2010, 09:04:31 PM
Reply #2

bryan

Derek,
I just came to post that exact quote!  Hell, I think I will:

Everton hero Dan Gosling: "It was a great team performance. We've been on a good run, and it's nice to get the three points. We're missing a couple of big players, but we've all come together this week, we had a good week training - and it showed today. The key to it was hard work, run more than them and go at them, because we're a good team at home and away."

So proud of that statement.  We are taking the game to these guys and winning.  Can't beat the feeling!

February 20, 2010, 09:06:52 PM
Reply #3

bryan

The last week also shows that Everton are a team - not beholden to any one player.  They play for each other, the gaffer and the fans.  We need to remember this feeling, looking at the players on the pitch, when the next big name tries to hold us to ransom for their signature.

February 20, 2010, 09:15:24 PM
Reply #4

bryan

We need to advance, extend Donovan's loan and announce Pienaar's new deal.  That is the only way to top this last week!