October 18, 2019, 06:16:58 PM

Author Topic: Sporting vs Everton  (Read 52862 times)

February 26, 2010, 03:03:08 AM
Read 52862 times

toffee_scot

Thank goodness it is half time.

One of the problems we have is the fact that we have a different central defence and they have only played something like 4 games between them in the last month or so. Both of them have been quite poor so I find it incredible Sporting haven't scored yet.

This may sound strange but I was kind of hoping at one point Moutinho would score from that free kick, lately we've done well in games where we have been a goal down so I thought a Sporting goal would give our team the kick up the backside we deserve.

So far I think Tim Howard has been our best player easily. The others are giving the ball away or are just far too slow. I just hope the players realise that if we score it would significantly decrease Sporting's chances of winning the tie.

February 26, 2010, 05:43:35 AM
Reply #1

toffee_scot

Oh no, I do completely agree with you, I'm just talking specifically about tonight's performance.

I honestly don't see the point in us competing in Europe anymore, as we just aren't good enough (mentally). We get no money from the EL, and it stretches our small squad even further. It's a poison challice, filled with fucking rohypnol...

I think the Europa League proved to be too much of a burden particularly at the start of the season, however the team we had on paper tonight should have got something out of the game but apart from the first 2 minutes and Pienaar's attempt, we didn't deserve to get anything at all.