November 22, 2017, 03:05:51 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool V Everton  (Read 54847 times)

March 14, 2012, 06:40:26 AM
Reply #630

C-R-A-I-G

The line up was quite a surprise, but a surprise was to be expected. Certain choices didn't work but more importantly, the whole combination didn't work. I think part of the reason for Jags return, was Neville's absence, you want an experienced captain for the derby.

Stracq really struggled, but this seemed a fairly logical game to put him in for. I thought Fellaini probably came away with the most credibility, but he was still poor by his standards. Anichebe seemed to have to feed off Stracq's scraps, then revert to covering Baines and Pienaar when they go off gallivanting, not entirely successfully I'll begrudgingly admit.

We were poor and looked more open than we have for a while. But I think we have to accept that the prick with the matchball had something to do with it.

It was due to Heitinga not playing. He is a much better defender than Jagielka as well as a better organiser and leader. All the goals are due to Jagielka fucking up and to a lesser extent Distin. It could have been 4 if it wasnt for Rodwell's tackle early on after Gerrard bascailly walked past him.

March 14, 2012, 06:54:58 AM
Reply #631

Ridge

It was due to Heitinga not playing. He is a much better defender than Jagielka as well as a better organiser and leader. All the goals are due to Jagielka fucking up and to a lesser extent Distin. It could have been 4 if it wasnt for Rodwell's tackle early on after Gerrard bascailly walked past him.

You've just been sucked in by Heitinga's PR company, it's an easy mistake. Heitinga might have made a difference, but it didn't happen, it could have been 5-0. Bloody Heitinga!

The point is that Gerrard did score 3 and they were well taken. We made mistakes, but the errors becomes overly highlighted by the outcome.

March 14, 2012, 07:08:51 AM
Reply #632

Blue Phoenix

You've just been sucked in by Heitinga's PR company, it's an easy mistake. Heitinga might have made a difference, but it didn't happen, it could have been 5-0. Bloody Heitinga!

The point is that Gerrard did score 3 and they were well taken. We made mistakes, but the errors becomes overly highlighted by the outcome.

Heitinga would have made a difference. Him and Distin had a settled partnership that was working well.

He's won me over, and I'm far from his biggest fan.

March 14, 2012, 07:16:08 AM
Reply #633

American Evertonian

Heitinga would have made a difference. Him and Distin had a settled partnership that was working well.
This. Find me one top manager who breaks up his best CB pairings consistently when they are playing well together.
Moyes needs to fuck off with this amateur hour shit.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

March 14, 2012, 09:51:31 AM
Reply #634

christiffa25

SAF regulary breaks up his best CB partnership to rotate his squad.

There's a bigger picture here... Players were not dropped, they were rested.

March 14, 2012, 01:39:06 PM
Reply #635

Derek

A derby on the eve of his 10th anniversary, at Anfield, where he's never won, when we're in form and they're not isn't exactly the time to rest players from a settled team which had been playing well.

If we beat Sunderland then, fantastic, we're in the semis but I'll still believe we could have beaten Liverpool too. If we lose on Saturday, then this whole week has been a shambles and an embarrassment and the blame has to lie with Moyes.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 14, 2012, 01:41:38 PM
Reply #636

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

He's won me over, and I'm far from his biggest fan.

I'd have played Heitinga but he and Distin were rubbish against QPR.

Let's not get carried away with ideas that we wouldn't have had any shots against us had he played.

March 14, 2012, 02:20:09 PM
Reply #637

gdog1981

Heitinga has been immense recently arguably our POTY, however the way Liverpool got there goals I doubt he could have stopped all 3. Gerrard made run after run through the middle of the park. Between the ball not sticking up top and Rodwell and fellaini not marking Gerrard had acres all night. Just a really disjointed performance. Im sure moyes will have everyone back for sat. This defeat will live long in the nightmares but there may be a bigger derby round the corner we can make amends in! One final note, Anichebe words can't describe his lack of ability never ever an everton player.

March 14, 2012, 03:21:04 PM
Reply #638

sharpattack

The only one missing tonight to really make it ridiculous was McFadden.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

March 14, 2012, 03:25:19 PM
Reply #639

Blueney-tunes

10 seasons. In all that time we have NEVER won at arsenal, united, liverpool or chelsea. That is an entire league season worth of games. I am a big fan of moyes but surely he needs to look at this stat and wonder whether his defensive 'play for a 0 0 tactics' at these grounds needs to change. Coz it clearly fucking doesn't.

That, is a very alarming Fact!

March 14, 2012, 11:23:38 PM
Reply #640

fast lane

Never change a winning team?
I suppose this was our version of team rotation.

From the off, it didn't look good, and as far as I was concerned, after the first goal came, it was game over.
No way could we have got back into that match with the players on the pitch at the time.

People will blame Victor, as ever, but I'm still trying to see why others salivate over Straq.
Sure he works hard (like Louis Saha didn't), but where's the quality?

Steven Pienaar had a poor game by his standards, and with only Marouane Fellaini offering anything, it was always going to be a uphill battle.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

March 14, 2012, 11:43:27 PM
Reply #641

Shogun

Administrator
Suppose we'll just have to beat them at Wembley

COYB
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 15, 2012, 12:26:58 AM
Reply #642

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
If our best team played 3 games in 7 days, Spurs, Liverpool and an fa cup final, there is a strong chance of picking up a serious injury. perhaps those that didn't play were carrying slight niggles and needed a few days to recover. These guys are not machines. Chances of pulling muscles or tearing ligaments are increased without sufficient rest.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 15, 2012, 12:41:54 AM
Reply #643

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
If our best team played 3 games in 7 days, Spurs, Liverpool and an fa cup final, there is a strong chance of picking up a serious injury. perhaps those that didn't play were carrying slight niggles and needed a few days to recover. These guys are not machines. Chances of pulling muscles or tearing ligaments are increased without sufficient rest.

If any one of them was carrying a niggle, then fair enough.  But playing 3 games in 8 days is not a particularly extraordinary scenario in itself and should not lead to that many changes to players who were fit.  I can't recall us ever making such wholesale changes to our team during any of the numerous other times that we've played 3 in a week like that, let alone when going in to a game that should have been very important for us still.

Yes, this weekend's game is a cup quarter final but it should not have had that much of an impact on the side we put out last night.