November 18, 2017, 10:39:30 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Sunderland  (Read 35028 times)

March 17, 2012, 11:58:27 PM
Reply #390

Alanvideo

His one (admittedly great) free kick aside he was on his arse every two seconds and for every good pass he would lose the ball needlessly or miss an easy ball.  Worst performance in the shirt for me.
........This.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 18, 2012, 12:03:32 AM
Reply #391

COYB

Everyone should calm down. It's fine - Bayern are 3-0 up in half an hour!
When the going gets tough, the Hibbert get going

March 18, 2012, 12:09:40 AM
Reply #392

Haile GAZrselassie

We created 1 chance for the entire second half. At home against a mediocre side.

I honestly cant get my breath at the fact some people thought we played fantastic today.

We've not played fantastic once all season.

I'll be amazed if we get past them at their place.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

March 18, 2012, 03:39:16 AM
Reply #393

DannyR

We created 1 chance for the entire second half. At home against a mediocre side.
I can think 2 chances we had in the 3 minutes added time, never mind the second 45.

I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

March 18, 2012, 04:35:40 AM
Reply #394

Ridge

I can think 2 chances we had in the 3 minutes added time, never mind the second 45.

Yeah, but Haile doesn't do things by halves anymore.

It has to be a high intensity chance or it doesn't count.

March 18, 2012, 04:46:49 AM
Reply #395

DannyR

Yeah, but Haile doesn't do things by halves anymore.

It has to be a high intensity chance or it doesn't count.
True, I should know MGP by now.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

March 18, 2012, 05:34:16 AM
Reply #396

Haile GAZrselassie

Ok if you want to count that as 2 chances then we will.

So we created 2 good chances in 45 minutes against a mediocre side. A mediocre side who had 3 key players missing.

That's not great is it. Sure we had the greater share of possession but once again our final ball was a diagonal hoof from the touchline 10 yards from the penalty area that flew out of play or was cleared by their centre back.

As has been said by others on here, there are far too many people on here who, whilst not being happy with it, are prepared to accept shite and dress it up as being fantastic.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

March 18, 2012, 05:35:33 AM
Reply #397

Shogun

Administrator
Sunderland aren't mediocre for fuck sake.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 18, 2012, 07:19:52 AM
Reply #398

Geordie Blue

His one (admittedly great) free kick aside he was on his arse every two seconds and for every good pass he would lose the ball needlessly or miss an easy ball.  Worst performance in the shirt for me.

Seems to be like marmite (Drenthe) but he's our most direct player - look at the goal he drives at the box, draws the full back in and then releases Baines for the cross. He is a real threat because of his pace and attacking mentality the downside is obviously going to be that if you take on someone you risk losing the ball. I'm not blind I know he goes down easily but so do lots of players of his ilk - Arteta was a master at it. His record in the Blue shirt shows he can regularly create and score goals - but is going to be a liability at times. I've said before the other players need to be aware of that and cover for him.
"I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the kop. They never liked me doing that." Dixie Dean

March 18, 2012, 03:48:46 PM
Reply #399

fast lane

A disappointing match.
We started poorly with Sunderland looking brighter, and things didn't get any better when they scored.
But then we started to get going, and the equalizer was justified.
The first half looked like a real cup match, with lot's of pace and excitement.

The second half just petered out and became drab, like most of our first half of the season.

We'll really need to pull our socks up in the replay, if we are to progress.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)