November 22, 2017, 10:51:17 PM

Author Topic: (Last Night) Players shown for what they are.  (Read 2841 times)

March 15, 2012, 08:46:49 AM
Reply #15

huck

Prick lad, have you heard your spout? Top players hit the target from 20 yards out. Whether they are 21 or not. Hes shown no improvement for at leats 2 years. Nobody would pay big money for this lad atm. I say it how it is. Last night he was shit!

Top players do hit it, on form. Gerrard was hitting everything but the net the other week. Give the lad a chance to get back.
Le Berry

deCoubertin

March 15, 2012, 01:26:59 PM
Reply #16

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'm interested to see that many people seem to think that we rested several contenders for world player of the year.

March 15, 2012, 09:35:03 PM
Reply #17

Batley

I'm interested to see that many people seem to think that we rested several contenders for world player of the year.

:snigger: Post of the week for me.

March 15, 2012, 11:18:21 PM
Reply #18

Always a Toffeeman

right, a game  v spurs where a lot of energy was put in and a game v liverpool, the players would have been shattered by saturday, im not agreeing with the selection, im just saying bigger picture.
coleman is a rb and will be, coming back from injury, put a shift in on saturday, he is a good player, rodwell was class 1st half of season, only coming back from injury, top players miss too, anichebe sjould never have started, plus he was playing left wing and up front, team had no shape. pienaar had a terrible night, him and baines giving the ball away, team had theyre minds on saturday, jagielka only back, its not his fault he was picked, should have had another few games for reserves, and jagielka is a brilliant leader, but takes a while to settle, we're everton, and if you have the money for a better player than stracq stump up, we have to play to our strengths, stracq is a useful player to have, but he had no help, jelavic is better, but he had an ice pack on his knee after sat so why risk it
 #formerly efc for life

March 16, 2012, 12:07:47 AM
Reply #19

Fern

People think football management is straight forward let a alone managing a club with lesser resources. Moyes deserves better than the criticism he's receiving.

March 16, 2012, 12:26:32 AM
Reply #20

Always a Toffeeman

People think football management is straight forward let a alone managing a club with lesser resources. Moyes deserves better than the criticism he's receiving.

exactly, we're not a team who could win the premierleague, would they rather go back to aiming to finish 17th?
 #formerly efc for life

March 16, 2012, 01:02:27 AM
Reply #21

minty

exactly, we're not a team who could win the premierleague, would they rather go back to aiming to finish 17th?

8th biggest wage bill last year and we finished 8th. This season probably 9/10th biggest and we struggling to finish top half. Why does anyone think we'd be relegation strugglers without Moyes?

March 16, 2012, 01:13:10 AM
Reply #22

Always a Toffeeman

8th biggest wage bill last year and we finished 8th. This season probably 9/10th biggest and we struggling to finish top half. Why does anyone think we'd be relegation strugglers without Moyes?

i didnt say we would be, im just sayin before he came he transformed us to what we are today, and would have further done that if he had money, but im certain there is no better manager whilst working on scraps of money, than moyes, who could we get that would do better with the current players
 #formerly efc for life

March 16, 2012, 01:20:25 AM
Reply #23

minty

i didnt say we would be, im just sayin before he came he transformed us to what we are today, and would have further done that if he had money, but im certain there is no better manager whilst working on scraps of money, than moyes, who could we get that would do better with the current players

And maybe Alladyce would have got Bolton into the champions league and Curbishley have got Charlton in there if they had the far greater resources of Everton.

March 16, 2012, 03:06:56 AM
Reply #24

christiffa25

They would of had a good damn chance minty...

I think city are the perfect example of what money can take you from too??

March 16, 2012, 03:33:01 AM
Reply #25

Always a Toffeeman

And maybe Alladyce would have got Bolton into the champions league and Curbishley have got Charlton in there if they had the far greater resources of Everton.

i agree we have a good squad, im only saying we have a great manager too, who given a bit of money could have us top 5 year in year out, im saying if everyone wants moyes out just because we lost 3-0 to liverpool who we going to get in, gary megson? we cant afford a player never mind compensation for a manager
 #formerly efc for life

March 16, 2012, 03:39:55 AM
Reply #26

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

We finished 7th.