November 24, 2017, 05:24:58 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Arsenal  (Read 28362 times)

March 22, 2012, 06:34:10 AM
Reply #300

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

Can't help but think Jelavic needs a proper striker along side him, not a Stracqulursi or Anichebe, I mean a striker equal to him, forget Cahill, he's had his time and my fear is that we spends 3-4yrs trying to fill the void left by Cahill as we did with Carsley!

I was happy with the commitment and performance for most the 90 tonight but it's the final 3rd that's lacking now.

We aren't far from progressing.
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

March 22, 2012, 07:00:26 AM
Reply #301

RedWhiteandBLUE

Excellent reception, loud applause when his name was called out at the start.

how was it after he bitched after every call that went against or for him.. the close ups of his face really pissed me off, always had a scowl and always looked hard done.

March 22, 2012, 07:03:13 AM
Reply #302

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
how was it after he bitched after every call that went against or for him.. the close ups of his face really pissed me off, always had a scowl and always looked hard done.

Was he trying to win?

How dare he, he's nearly as bad as Saha, Saha had the audacity to try and score a fucking goal.

The fucking cheek of them

March 22, 2012, 07:12:09 AM
Reply #303

RedWhiteandBLUE

is that what I said? I didn't realize bitching after every call and throwing your hand in the air was "trying to win".  Had he scored and celebrated I wouldn't have been mad, but don't look like someone just shit in your cheerios and raped your mom after cahill gives you a little tug. and then give the ref an earful. that's necessary?? come on man.

March 22, 2012, 09:10:50 AM
Reply #304

the roy vernon plan

I thought EFC as usual played with a great deal of effort and team spirit this time against a superior team. But I do think this summer that a number of players should be replaced. The sad thing is that with maybe three new players the club could really challenge as there is a fine basis of a team. But I suppose that has been the case every year for the last few years. We all should be re-assured that the Chairman is working 24/7 on a plan.

Right back is an embarrassement. Hibbert is dross and should have been sold years ago. With one bloke up-front, it is essential that both full backs can support attacks. As for his passing and general defence...
Fellani is a fine defensive midfielder not an attacker but in order to accomodate Cahill, he gets moved up field where he looked off the pace. If we could get find a decent attacking central midfielder then that would do the trick.
I also agree that Jel needs a decent partner alongside him.

March 22, 2012, 09:59:37 AM
Reply #305

nomorechang

RIP
For the first 20 mins Arsenal played as well as any team as I've seen all season, they would have took anyone apart at that stage but when Felli and Cahill changed places we started to come back into the game . Some really shocking decisions by the Linesman cost us badly .. We'll never know how the game would have gone if Drenthe's 'goal' had stood . We are clearly lacking a few players if we want to challenge the top 4-6 teams , another ' Mikel' type ? another ' Cahill' a younger and fitter version of the one we've got . A Kyle Walker to supplement Drenthe on the right ... Hopefully Ross Barkley can fulfil one of those roles in time but money is needed to get this squad up to the level we were at in 2009 ... and more if we want to progress further.
Not a great result but Im not disappointed with the performance for the last hour .. We would have beaten most teams playing like that .. We come up against the most in form team in the league. Don't forget they have recently taken AC Milan apart 3-0 , a team who are favourites to win the Italian League
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

March 22, 2012, 10:25:30 AM
Reply #306

Bwana

Granted we should have had a goal, but other than that we didn't really create much. I think we had two shots on target and Jelavic is getting very little service at the moment.

We're still desperately short of inspiration and someone that can unlock a defence. Even towards the end of the game we didn't really look like a team pilling forward to try to get a result.

Hmmm. We had 6-7 offside calls against us that were wrong. Including a wrongly dissallowed goal. With those linesmen even Messi would've been flagged offside every time.
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

March 22, 2012, 01:19:36 PM
Reply #307

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Should of been out of sight in the first 15 to 20 mins but came back into and did ok but played decent second half but it's the same old story with us, too many in-decisions and picking the wrong option in the final third.

Moyesy as got to start coaching us to be more incisive with our passing in the final third so we can start picking out the right option, the right pass and cross that will create goal scoring chances.

Some of our decision making is infuriatingly poor.

The two occassions that spring to mind were the breaks where the ball fell to Ossie and we had options ahead and to the side and it was passed straight through to the keeper. The other was the break with Pienaar and Drenthe. Again it fizzled out with Drenthe just lifting it over the defence and straight through to the keeper, again.

They were two excellent positions and we didn't come close to a shot in either of them. That's not an uncommon occurence.

Generally in the game I thought that we did ok.

The first 20 mins were poor.

We started with Ossie and Cahill man marking Arteta and Song respectively and it didn't work at all. Their movement made this tactic redundant.

Once we switched it around and put Felli further forward it was much better.

We were lucky not to be 0-3 down after 20 mins but then we were obviously unlucky not to be level after 45.

The second half was fine in terms of application but we just didn't have enough to create clear opportunities.