November 19, 2017, 05:47:03 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland V Everton  (Read 31690 times)

March 25, 2012, 11:10:43 PM
Reply #15

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
whoever wins the central midfield batle will win this game

This.

Having Gibson back aswell as a rested Fellaini will be a big boost for us.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

March 25, 2012, 11:12:56 PM
Reply #16

arteta4spain

Id say if we keep Sessegnon (spl?) McClean and Bentner quiet we should be okay but its all if's, but's and maybe's. We just need to be strong, disciplined and focused and we should be able to do it. They did look good against QPR with what I saw on motd and FF. Do they do the same as us and use their left-hand side as their main attacking threat through McClean and Sessegnon? Could be a very tight match, again, as it was at GP. Although as Pienaar is cup-tied our left is seriously hampered. We shall see.      

March 25, 2012, 11:29:26 PM
Reply #17

American Evertonian

Id say if we keep Sessegnon (spl?)

I think it is Sessessgssnssossnss, or something really close to that. When in doubt add more S'sssssssssssses.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

March 26, 2012, 02:49:40 AM
Reply #18

gdog1981

I think Moyes will go

Howard
Neville jags Distin Baines
Osman Gibson heitinga Drenthe
Fellaini
Jelavic

Have a feeling he will accommodate jags. Also Felli was superb behind Jela yesterday so I have a feeling he will go with that. I think that would do a job for us.

March 26, 2012, 07:14:11 AM
Reply #19

Thornton_19

I think Moyes will go

Howard
Fellaini
Jelavic

Have a feeling he will accommodate jags. Also Felli was superb behind Jela yesterday so I have a feeling he will go with that. I think that would do a job for us.

A long ball mans dream.

March 26, 2012, 08:47:53 AM
Reply #20

American Evertonian

I think Moyes will go

Howard
Fellaini
Jelavic

I pray you aren't right with this. Tinga is not a midfielder as he had proven countless times. Prefer to see Felli and Gibson in MF with Cahill or even Barkley at CAM.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

March 26, 2012, 12:22:08 PM
Reply #21

christiffa25

Howard
Neville  heitinga. Distin. Baines
             Fellani Gibson
Drenthe      Cahill        Osman
                 Jelavic

I think it's as important to us having Gibson back as them having sessegnon back. McLean and Larson.. Whichever moyes feels is the worse threat I would imagine will decide which side ossie and Drenthe take. I'd like to see Barkley on the bench for this one (ha).
If the right everton turn up and get the first goal we should be ok.

March 26, 2012, 07:54:46 PM
Reply #22

bluestevie

howard

neville
heitinga
distin
baines

drenthe
fellaini
gibson
osman

cahill
jelavic

subs: hannemann, hibbert, jagielka, mcfadden, anichebe, stracqualursi, barkley
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

March 26, 2012, 07:56:40 PM
Reply #23

Shogun

Administrator
howard

neville
heitinga
distin
baines

drenthe
fellaini
gibson
osman

cahill
jelavic

subs: hannemann, hibbert, jagielka, mcfadden, anichebe, stracqualursi, barkley
I imagine that will be the team except Gueye will be in place of Barkley
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 26, 2012, 10:02:45 PM
Reply #24

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Get the feeling if R.R.Drenthe doesn't make it then he might start with Anichebe on the right.  Also think Neville will be preferred to Hibbert at right back, if only for his penalty taking abilities in a possible shootout!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 26, 2012, 10:07:41 PM
Reply #25

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Get the feeling if R.R.Drenthe doesn't make it then he might start with Anichebe on the right.  Also think Neville will be preferred to Hibbert at right back, if only for his penalty taking abilities in a possible shootout!

Yeah agree with this. I can't see him throwing gueye in so only real option is anichebe. Lets hope the fired up anichebe turns up and not the sulking teenage brat one

Simply simply lovely

March 26, 2012, 10:27:25 PM
Reply #26

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Anichebe shouldn't start. He'll be knackered after 20 mins apart from anything else.

I'm not really convinced of his ability down the wing in general, but if he is used there I think far better late in the game when he can use his physicality on tired defenders.

I haven't been impressed with Gueye's recent run outs though. Not much end product there at the moment.

I'm not sure where that leaves us. I think he'll double down on defensive players on that wing to look after McClean. He might even consider using Cahill out wide with Fellaini/Gibson in the middle, Osman on the other wing and maybe knowing Moyes shoehorning another DM in there (probably Heitinga with Jagielka CB). Or perhaps like Saturday Neville instead of Fellaini next to Gibson with Fellaini pushed up (Cahill still out wide).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:29:37 PM by blueToffee »

March 26, 2012, 10:45:29 PM
Reply #27

Krissy

Really hope we do it if anything for the 7000 travelling up there. Superb support as ever.
Just think it's gonna be too difficult, hope I'm wrong....

March 26, 2012, 10:47:15 PM
Reply #28

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Anichebe/Hibbert down the right may be a good idea to deal with McClean if nothing else.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

March 26, 2012, 10:48:16 PM
Reply #29

Krissy

I do think if we beat the Rokerites we'll definitely beat the RS...it very much reminds me of the Everton V Man City quarter final in 1981 when Brian Clough said, whoever wins this will get to Wembley. Unfortunately, it wasn't us though we more than made up for it in the following 3 years. Come on you Blues....