November 23, 2017, 12:43:16 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland V Everton  (Read 31815 times)

March 27, 2012, 04:26:42 PM
Reply #45

DannyR

Does anyone know if tonight's match is a complete sell out, apart from the Everton tickets I mean? Come on you Blue Boys...
It wasn't sold out yesterday, but i'm not sure if you can get a ticket without some purchase history
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

March 27, 2012, 04:29:48 PM
Reply #46

Ross

:
I've heard similar stories a few times, I'm not convinced it's entirely rubbish.

Why do we here people like Trevor Brooking and Stuart Pearce saying what a big future in the game he's got ahead of him? People who are outside the club but will have access to his medical records because of his England appearances.

Or simply sell him and let others take their chances with him?

He's a young kid trying to break into the big time, people should let him develop at his own pace. Even in this thread people are calling for him to play in our biggest game of the season tonight. Although he's only played a handful of games and not actually featured for months in the first team, far to much pressure for a young lad. And if we go through without him you will get the same people asking why he's not playing against Liverpool in the semi and others coming up with rumours of him having injury problems or being bigheaded etc etc.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:58:15 PM by Samwise »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 27, 2012, 04:49:52 PM
Reply #47

Gash

Global Moderator
:badum:
Why do we here people like Trevor Brooking and Stuart Pearce saying what a big future in the game he's got ahead of him? People who are outside the club but will have access to his medical records because of his England appearances.

Probably because he does have a big future in the game? But if there is an issue with fitness, they're hardly going to come out and admit it. I'm not saying there is, I'm just not convinced there isn't some truth in it?

I agree about people calling for him to play, as fans we can be terrible if a young player has a good game, suddenly people think they should play every game. Probably the same people who moan about Coleman and Rodwell, having thought they were footballing gods a couple of years ago?

March 27, 2012, 04:52:42 PM
Reply #48

Thornton_19

Probably. I just mean I think there might be something in the story?

Thing is though, i've been told in pre season he was top of all the fitness test, leading into the season. So its all smoke and mirrors imo. We all know why he isnt in the first team Moyes stated he wasn't ready and yet people still make rumours about how his career must be over because of fitness problems. All a bit daft

March 27, 2012, 05:01:06 PM
Reply #49

chris350

Is there only me who would consider giving Magaye a start?

March 27, 2012, 05:02:06 PM
Reply #50

DannyR

O'Shea is out for them tonight

March 27, 2012, 05:09:29 PM
Reply #51

Ross

Probably because he does have a big future in the game? But if there is an issue with fitness, they're hardly going to come out and admit it. I'm not saying there is, I'm just not convinced there isn't some truth in it?

I agree about people calling for him to play, as fans we can be terrible if a young player has a good game, suddenly people think they should play every game. Probably the same people who moan about Coleman and Rodwell, having thought they were footballing gods a couple of years ago?

My point exactly, and you can probably add a few more names to that from the past and predict who the future names will be. By the way why didn't Moyes give McAleny more game time he's just like Michael Owen isn't he? :snigger:
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 27, 2012, 05:15:41 PM
Reply #52

Gash

Global Moderator
Thing is though, i've been told in pre season he was top of all the fitness test, leading into the season. So its all smoke and mirrors imo. We all know why he isnt in the first team Moyes stated he wasn't ready and yet people still make rumours about how his career must be over because of fitness problems. All a bit daft

Haven't heard that about pre season if I'm honest and having seen the QPR game I'd be surprised if that's right? You're probably right though, just smoke and mirrors.

March 27, 2012, 05:16:47 PM
Reply #53

DannyR

Is there only me who would consider giving Magaye a start?
It's only you, Magaye will be on the bench

March 27, 2012, 05:38:35 PM
Reply #54

Sunderpitt

This.

Having Gibson back aswell as a rested Fellaini will be a big boost for us.

Clatterhard and Colback will sort those two out

March 27, 2012, 05:45:01 PM
Reply #55

Bluenose 91

Lee Cattermole is an embarassing footballer.

March 27, 2012, 05:47:43 PM
Reply #56

Gray90

Do you mean they let Cattermole out of his field, the absolute farm yard animal.

March 27, 2012, 05:49:18 PM
Reply #57

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Colback does look a tidy player... He prob won't play tonight tho with cattermole being back

Simply simply lovely

March 27, 2012, 05:51:57 PM
Reply #58

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
thing his name is Caterfool

March 27, 2012, 05:52:48 PM
Reply #59

Sunderpitt

Lee Cattermole is an embarassing footballer.

Concerning Clatterhard, he is a bit of a throwback to the Stiles/Hunter/Sourness type of player and  a headless chicken at times, but he can play and stop others playing when he can control himself (which is not too often). If he is selected tonight, he is just getting back after mouthing off at the ref at out derby when the final whistle had gone, Felleni etc will not have so much time and space and he also gets players aroud him up for it.

Big game for both teams tonight we are on the same points, (might not have been if Moyes had not played your 2nd team against the bindippers, for all MoN is liked  he would have had to emigrate to a far off country if he had selected our second team against the Mags), and you have a chance to be ahead of 'Pool in the league..so really continuing the cup run is our only interest left this season