November 18, 2017, 12:32:44 PM

Author Topic: Shane Duffy!  (Read 2385 times)

December 19, 2009, 06:46:01 AM
Read 2385 times

DJ1994

Really Really impressed with this lad except one or two mistakes against Bate

what is moyes thinking not playing him more

distin out duffy in
Class of Merseyside

deCoubertin

December 19, 2009, 06:54:23 AM
Reply #1

Mahoney

Steady on mate.....But I hear you. You know what Moyes is like!

He's looked good and I agree will be good for us. But again, he is only 17 and you wouldn't want to mess him up too early on in his career.

TBH I haven't been impressed with Distin either...but not sure Duffy should go straight in to CB. Heitinga or Neill at CB and use Duffy when we can afford too.
It's getting pretty serious.

December 19, 2009, 08:48:27 AM
Reply #2

Dr. Sponge

Wait just a minute. Yes he was impressive for a 17 year old, and looks a very very good prospect for the future. But to replace Distin in the short term... not on your nelly.

If we all watched Distin play and imagined that he was 17, we'd all be raving about him too.

But yeah, very promising for Duffy.

December 19, 2009, 05:05:39 PM
Reply #3

sharpattack

Jesus, he's 17. Get a grip
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 19, 2009, 05:37:51 PM
Reply #4

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, lets ruin any player we have with potential by shoving them in to a struggling defence and playing them every week.

December 19, 2009, 05:38:41 PM
Reply #5

Derek

Yep, getting ahead of ourselves a bit. He'll get there, I don't doubt it, but it's a bit early now.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 19, 2009, 05:43:37 PM
Reply #6

fast lane

He did play well, but Rhys argued very well why not.
Just give him some time.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 19, 2009, 08:13:09 PM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Once he made deflection for the goal he completely lost it and they could have added another 2.

You can't afford to do that in the PL.

December 19, 2009, 09:29:50 PM
Reply #8

Midfield General

He's clearly not ready to be a regular starter, yes there is a lot to work with there I reckon, but as GLewis said once he made the error for the goal he went to pieces somewhat.  I was quite impressed with Mustafi when he came on mind.

December 20, 2009, 06:05:35 PM
Reply #9

toffee_scot

Duffy did well and it was good experience for him, remember he was part of a defence that kept a clean sheet in Athens (something that we have struggled to do in the last 3 months except in that one game).

Indeed we don't want to force him into the team so early but unfortunately we have a very small squad and the injury list will not get smaller.

December 20, 2009, 06:15:13 PM
Reply #10

NSM

Don't be silly, distin out? He's played well for us since coming here and I liked the way he handled the street end when he made a little mistake the other week.
Duffy looked ok, against an average team. I wouldn't be happy to see him in the first team for a prem match yet. Even Coleman, a few times the other night his positioning was poor and he was caught out when they broke.

December 21, 2009, 01:39:04 AM
Reply #11

Murf666

Really Really impressed with this lad except one or two mistakes against Bate

what is moyes thinking not playing him more

distin out duffy in

Brilliant idea.  Replace an experienced Premiership centre half with a 17 year old who hasn't played in the Premiership yet.  Mr. Moyes, is that you?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 02:52:36 AM by Murf666 »
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!