November 25, 2017, 10:10:15 AM

Author Topic: Norwich City V Everton  (Read 30594 times)

April 01, 2012, 06:39:48 PM
Read 30594 times

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I think we will go with a near full strength team for this one and perhaps rest a few against Sunderland

Howard

Neville Jagielka Distin Baines

Pienaar Fellaini Gibson Gueye

Cahill Jelavic

Will be tough as Norwich have been good at home, but I think we will see it through. 2-1 Gibson and Jelavic with our goals
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 01, 2012, 06:43:31 PM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Whilst I dont like to split Baines and Pienaar up if Gueye is to play in the semi he needs some time to gel with Baines so I would agree with your side
We need to keep the workrate up and keep on this good run

1 1 A well earned draw

Simply simply lovely

April 01, 2012, 07:13:06 PM
Reply #2

bluedavey

Would go with team that started quarterfinal and hopefully the one that starts the semi.  Would rest any players against Sunderland.

April 01, 2012, 09:39:56 PM
Reply #3

The Golden Vision

Would go with team that started quarterfinal and hopefully the one that starts the semi.  Would rest any players against Sunderland.

This. Full strength against norwich then rest Jelavic, Fellaini, Baines and Gibson against Sunderland

April 01, 2012, 10:22:58 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Fancy us against anyone right now. 

April 01, 2012, 11:10:49 PM
Reply #5

evertonarntwe

Norwich have had a good year, have got a good manager and a few decent players, but lets face it on paper the probably have the worst team in the league, play like we have been can only see a very comftable win.
sick of this dull boring negative prick now, horrible days yesterday and he comes out with this shit, ginger cunt needs to stop thinking he will be the next united manager

April 02, 2012, 02:35:06 AM
Reply #6

CraigS1878

Will Fellaini be suspended for the semi if he gets booked?

April 02, 2012, 02:50:14 AM
Reply #7

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Will Fellaini be suspended for the semi if he gets booked?

no, he has 8 bookings and there's only 1 game before they wipe the bookings. The Sunderland game is after this deadline.  A straight red against either Norwich or Sunderland would rule him out of the semi final though
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 02, 2012, 02:55:50 AM
Reply #8

Blake

Fellaini is only on 8 yellows currently.

Not sure about resting everyone against Sunderland our not. The other option is to rest half against Norwich & half vs Sunderland. As long as the team sent out is balanced we would still have a chance in both games. Saturday & Monday is not much difference in terms of recovery for the semi.

April 02, 2012, 03:54:40 AM
Reply #9

chang

Although Fellaini and Baines have had allot of football in the last month or so, I personally feel it is best to keep our best 11 playing.

April 02, 2012, 05:52:04 AM
Reply #10

Rhys

Howard

Neville
Heitinga
Distin
Baines

Osman
Fellaini
Gibson
Pienaar

Cahill
Jelavic

No need to have anything other than that if they are all fit. Then bring in Jags, Hibbert Gueye etc against Sunderland.

April 02, 2012, 05:57:42 AM
Reply #11

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
I don't want us resting anyone leading up to the semi, unless Fellaini picks up a yellow in this game.  Momentum and confidence is a snowball effect, and we've already tried the resting players trick - didn't work, if you remember.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

April 02, 2012, 07:28:20 AM
Reply #12

American Evertonian

The best way to ruin a good run of form is to bench people and mess with chemistry. Stick with the squad that has been winning and keep racking up the points.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

April 02, 2012, 09:28:32 AM
Reply #13

cantoffee

I finally feel like we can rotate players and still have a strong team. The only players that can't seem to be rested are Baines, Fellaini, and Howard.

Could be a tough game, won three on the strot and scored twice in all of them which is very good given our play this season.

I think we'll win again but it will be a lot more difficult than the last couple games.

1-0

Cahill

April 02, 2012, 04:09:19 PM
Reply #14

nomorechang

RIP
Howard

Neville
Heitinga
Distin
Baines

Osman
Fellaini
Gibson
Pienaar

Cahill
Jelavic

When was the last time we could put together 11 players and know that this is our 1st choice settled strongest team ?
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "