November 19, 2017, 11:10:18 AM

Author Topic: Norwich City V Everton  (Read 30430 times)

April 02, 2012, 06:26:48 PM
Reply #15

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I don't want us resting anyone leading up to the semi, unless Fellaini picks up a yellow in this game.  Momentum and confidence is a snowball effect, and we've already tried the resting players trick - didn't work, if you remember.

Well we've been rotating players since the derby; Felli & Heitinga were on the bench against Swansea; Neville & Distin against West Brom.

Playing a completely changed team might be different though.

However if people remember back to 2009 we played a full team (bar Rodwell in for Felli) against Fulham the week before the Cup Final.

I'm sure that if the players are fit enough they will play every game.

If they're not able to play in the Easter games and then the semi final then they will be rested. 

April 02, 2012, 07:38:16 PM
Reply #16

Thornton_19

I can see this being  a 1-1 game. We should beat them just don't think we will.

April 02, 2012, 08:06:30 PM
Reply #17

Shogun

Administrator
When was the last time we kept 4 clean sheets in a row?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 02, 2012, 08:56:04 PM
Reply #18

AidyEFC9

Resting the likes of Neville and Distin who are knocking on is the right thing to do for me, same with players who have either picked up knocks or come back from injury recently.

Apart from that, if your 100% fit then you should be ready to play games no matter when they are and with confidence high you play alot off the buzz and adrenaline.

like i say, i don't mind him dropping/resting the older lot or ones who have come back from injury or picked up knocks but go into games with a decent line up and with confidence high and if we take a commanding lead or look comfortable in games, make the right choices with subs and bring off key men to lower risk of getting injuries or suspensions!.

April 02, 2012, 09:02:40 PM
Reply #19

krakkokain

They are in very bad form. I think 2-1 to us vaughny for them and felliani and jelavic for us.

April 02, 2012, 09:19:00 PM
Reply #20

Shogun

Administrator
Harder than I think most people will think. We're bound to drop a few points somewhere after 2 league wins on the bounce, be it at Norwich or Sunderland.

Not sure how Moyes will play this as he fielded a strong team the weekend before the Sunderland game yet said he would like to have made more changes against Liverpool if we could go back to that game. Having said that I think he will go strongish.

Howard
Neville       Heitinga         Distin     Baines
                 Fellaini         Gibson
  Gueye                 Cahill             Pienaar
                           Jelavic

Heitinga and Distin will be the partnership going off the last couple off weeks... Heitinga dropped against Swansea, Distin dropped against West Brom so I assume it is Jags time to sit on the bench.

Gueye and Osman will be swapped round for the next two games as well I think, Osman went off as a precaution at the weekend so maybe he'll play in the Sunderland game. Maybe Anichebe will get a start in one of the games as well.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 02, 2012, 09:23:59 PM
Reply #21

RICH

going for another 0-2 and felli to get booked so he is rested for sunderland lol

April 02, 2012, 10:29:08 PM
Reply #22

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
When was the last time we kept 4 clean sheets in a row?

To add, when was the last time we scored 2 or more goals 4 games in a row?
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

April 03, 2012, 01:17:06 AM
Reply #23

American Evertonian

I finally feel like we can rotate players and still have a strong team. The only players that can't seem to be rested are Baines, Fellaini, and Howard.

Would definitely include Gibson in that list. haven't list a game with him in the lineup.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

April 03, 2012, 02:22:29 AM
Reply #24

Stumpy

Best available team v Norwich,then have a little tweek v Sunderland.Norwich 1 Blues 2

April 03, 2012, 07:11:01 AM
Reply #25

Mahoney

Best available team v Norwich,then have a little tweek v Sunderland.Norwich 1 Blues 2

I think I agree with this. But who knows what Moyes will do.

On the other hand, do you go for the tweek in the Norwich game and then play your strongest team vs Sunderland so that they have the momentum going into the semi final? Oh to be a manager!!

And if I had to pick a score 0-1. Osman.
It's getting pretty serious.

April 03, 2012, 04:09:43 PM
Reply #26

christiffa25

These are the games where we routinely fall short and end up not going for the juglar, usually coming away with a 1-1.

Might be a good indicator this game as to if we have actualy picked up and improved enough to be going to places like this and taking the 3 points on a more regular basis.

April 03, 2012, 05:40:22 PM
Reply #27

GrantyBoy78

These are the games where we routinely fall short and end up not going for the juglar, usually coming away with a 1-1.

Might be a good indicator this game as to if we have actualy picked up and improved enough to be going to places like this and taking the 3 points on a more regular basis.

This

April 03, 2012, 11:32:19 PM
Reply #28

blob

norwich are poor, and in poor form.

another 2-0 win.

April 04, 2012, 02:01:23 AM
Reply #29

Always a Toffeeman

for me gueye has to start to try have a good game and build up a bit of confidence and get used to the 1st team
 #formerly efc for life