November 21, 2017, 06:57:25 AM

Author Topic: Summer  (Read 6774 times)

April 02, 2012, 06:38:12 AM
Reply #15

Optimistic Blue

Pienaar has signed, its a loan signing in name only, i assume giving them Saha was part of the deal to knock off some of the transfer fee

Unless hawwy tries to pull a fast one when he realises how desperatley he needs him when modric fucks off
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

deCoubertin

April 02, 2012, 06:58:26 AM
Reply #16

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Its a hard one because on the one hand you can see how if he comes good the investment made will more than pay off after a good season because a big club will come in for him and we will make all our investment back and much more.

The flip side of it is he is such a personal wildcard, you can also see him doing something either on the pitch or off to damage his value.

But on a free his value is exactly nadda.  His value can only go up.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

April 02, 2012, 07:17:43 AM
Reply #17

C-R-A-I-G

I think we need to sign Pienaar back as he has shown his quality while back here and hopefully he will have learned the grass isnt always greener. Drenthe is to good to turn down and on a free could turn out to be very good business. I also feel that Donovan is a must and with him entering the last year of his contract the MLS may want to cash in on him. Straq is good back up but not worth more than £2M-£3M, anymore than that and its a no from me. Id be happy with that and no big players going. If we could get a good free transfer or two as well it could only improve things.

In:
Pienaar
Donovan
Drenthe
Straqualirsi

Out:
Mucha
Yobo
Neville
McFadden
Anichebe

April 02, 2012, 08:07:05 AM
Reply #18

Shogun

Administrator
Imagine the profit we could make of Drenthe even if we did decide to sell him after a season.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 02, 2012, 08:08:36 AM
Reply #19

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Imagine the profit we could make of Drenthe even if we did decide to sell him after a season.

My thoughts exactly.

The ONLY thing is, he can't have a detrimental effect on the squad, Balotelli-style.  So long as there isn't an issue there, its a win-win situation.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

April 02, 2012, 09:22:43 AM
Reply #20

cantoffee

In:
Pienaar
Donovan
Drenthe
Straqualirsi

Out:
Mucha
Yobo
Neville
McFadden
Anichebe

Why would you bring in Stracqualursi and get rid of Anichebe?

April 02, 2012, 10:06:17 AM
Reply #21

Outworlder47

As far as strikers, there are a couple interesting targets out there.
  • Colombian international Jackson Martinez, currently playing in Mexico for Jaguares, is out of contract in December and could leave for £5M or so; Liverpool have been interested. Supposedly has some pace, and is good with either foot and his head. Among the leading scorers in Mexico this season.
  • Bas Dost is probably on his way out of Heerenveen for around £7M, with Villa sniffing around. Almost 2m tall, with a great record in the Eredivisie (25 this season, and a total of 38 in 60 in the league for Heerenveen).
  • Not quite a striker, more of a winger, would be Sammy Armenteros of Heracles. Despite the name, he's Swedish (of Cuban descent). Would be an interesting addition as a pacy, goal-scoring winger that wouldn't break the bank.
Just a few thoughts for now...

April 02, 2012, 10:44:57 AM
Reply #22

Thornton_19

Junior Hoilette is on a free aint he? first signing

Then sign a nice CB and RB

Id call that a decent summer all things considered

April 02, 2012, 12:07:22 PM
Reply #23

C-R-A-I-G

Why would you bring in Stracqualursi and get rid of Anichebe?

Stracqualursi puts in more of a shift than Anichebe does and isnt known for having a bad attitude. Although Anichebe has calmed down a bit I doubt he would have enough to justify keeping him over a player who is just as good if not better with no attitude.

April 02, 2012, 12:17:56 PM
Reply #24

cantoffee

Stracqualursi puts in more of a shift than Anichebe does and isnt known for having a bad attitude. Although Anichebe has calmed down a bit I doubt he would have enough to justify keeping him over a player who is just as good if not better with no attitude.

Stracqualursi is not a better player than Anichebe in any way. He puts in more effort, that's just about it.

I like Stracqualursi, but he is not good enough for the Premier League, I really wish he was but he just isn't. If he were on a free, I would take him, but we can't afford to pay money for a player that would be 3rd or 4th choice.

April 02, 2012, 01:49:08 PM
Reply #25

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
  serious   lolol

April 02, 2012, 01:50:29 PM
Reply #26

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I think we need to sign Pienaar back as he has shown his quality while back here and hopefully he will have learned the grass isnt always greener. Drenthe is to good to turn down and on a free could turn out to be very good business. I also feel that Donovan is a must and with him entering the last year of his contract the MLS may want to cash in on him. Straq is good back up but not worth more than £2M-£3M, anymore than that and its a no from me. Id be happy with that and no big players going. If we could get a good free transfer or two as well it could only improve things.

In:
Pienaar
Donovan
Drenthe
Straqualirsi

Out:
Mucha
Yobo
Neville
McFadden
Anichebe

fixed it

April 02, 2012, 02:01:04 PM
Reply #27

bluedavey

How much people think we'll get for Yobo, seems be having another good season. Anyone also reckon selling Yobo last summer was 'the plan' Kenwright was talking about on Goals in Sunday?

April 02, 2012, 02:31:03 PM
Reply #28

christiffa25

The wings have been a problem area for us for years. There very important positions in the modern game of 1 striker systems.

Pienaar is a must and would leave us with the options of pienaar and guaye on the left.

Drenthe is also a must. He's the right winger we'v wanted for 5 yrs or so and he's young and free. Theres plenty there to work with and I imagine it comes down to how much money he wants. We really could do with Donovan aswell he can play all across the 3 behind the striker.

Another striker is needed to add competition for jelavic and also provide a option for going two up top at times if needed in games. Someone in a different mould to what we already have. Donovan could kill 2 birds 1 stone here but I doubt we'll be able to get him in the summer

ACM - here's the interesting one. Obviously Cahill (despite his recent form) needs replacing in order for this team to move forward. Currently we have Cahill and ossie to play there. Hopefully next season Barkley too. Although not sure he will be a regular next season either! If we managed to get Donovan he could provide a option there too.

So do we stick or twist here? Carry on with what we got whilst easing Barkley in, bit premature but there's also green who I'd imagine will be around in a couple of years. Or do we spend 6/7M we don't have on someone like sigurdsson?

RB wouldn't be a major concern for me. Apart from it's time for Coleman to step up and be used there. We need to know if he's the answer or not by the end of next season.

So for me I'd be happy to see....

Inns - Pienaar Drenthe Donovan CF
Outs - Straq (unfortunately) mcffadden mucha yobo (finally)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 02:37:07 PM by christiffa25 »

April 02, 2012, 04:54:53 PM
Reply #29

Bogstomper

Don't bother with Hoilett, that lad is Spurs bound and no mistake.