November 18, 2017, 01:48:37 AM

Author Topic: Summer  (Read 6763 times)

April 02, 2012, 05:23:37 PM
Reply #30

EFCdanger

Apart from the obvious necessities like Pienaar, I'd look at Kevin Doyle. Wolves are most likely down now so he may be a decent option.
Danger!

deCoubertin

April 02, 2012, 05:29:41 PM
Reply #31

Bigjmill

My 2p worth.....

Pienaar and Drenthe are a must for me.... the pace that these two bring is what we have been missing for years.

Straq has been a short term amusement for us all and I really do wish him well in the future. I like the effort he has put in but you need more than effort at this level.

I am not as fussed about Donavon as others, think he would be too costly for his age and with Drenthe and Pienaar where would he play? up front maybe but not really proven to us he can cut it there in the prem.

I would say another real must for us would be someone like a new improved Arteta type player and a right back like Baines is on the the left. Also some backup for Baines.

For me this would complete this team and would excite me very very very much.
REMOVED FOOTER TO SHUT Sir Stealth Up !

April 02, 2012, 05:58:18 PM
Reply #32

C-R-A-I-G

Stracqualursi is not a better player than Anichebe in any way. He puts in more effort, that's just about it.

I like Stracqualursi, but he is not good enough for the Premier League, I really wish he was but he just isn't. If he were on a free, I would take him, but we can't afford to pay money for a player that would be 3rd or 4th choice.

I think Straqualursi is better than Anichebe in most things. He is definatly a better finisher atlhough Anichebe has had a good season in front of goal. He also links up play better and seems to have a better awareness of the play that is going on around him. His close down play is good as well. Although he doesnt have the best first touch and hes not that technically great I still think he is better than Anichebe. Although if Anichebe can carry on this form and turn his potential into reality then he will be better.

April 02, 2012, 06:20:12 PM
Reply #33

Danny

Apart from the obvious necessities like Pienaar, I'd look at Kevin Doyle. Wolves are most likely down now so he may be a decent option.

Rather have Fletcher than Doyle if we were to raid Wolves.

I'm desperate for us to get Gylfi Siguurdson, wish we'd signed him when we were linked while he was still at Reading.

April 02, 2012, 06:32:45 PM
Reply #34

Bigjmill

I would like to to retract my statement about back up for baines as I believe that either Jake Bidwell or Garbett should be given a chance to show they can fill in if needed. So more money for other areas :)
REMOVED FOOTER TO SHUT Sir Stealth Up !

April 02, 2012, 06:41:21 PM
Reply #35

Toffeeblue22

Rather have Fletcher than Doyle if we were to raid Wolves.

This fletcher is much better
Xbox one gamertag Whiplash Willeh
No Nottingham or surrounding areas supporters clubs.....WHY ?
If you do know of any or are starting one let me know

April 02, 2012, 07:17:32 PM
Reply #36

Thornton_19

Id drop in a cheeky bid for that Jarvis as well

April 02, 2012, 07:31:52 PM
Reply #37

DJ1994

I would want Danny Simpson from newcastle, if not either taylor or santon from Newcastle

Then sigurdson or hills will do me
Class of Merseyside

April 02, 2012, 07:32:37 PM
Reply #38

DJ1994

Raid the relegated clubs as well
Moses? Klasnc?
Class of Merseyside

April 02, 2012, 08:57:39 PM
Reply #39

JoeHart

This fletcher is much better

kevin doyle is a lower standard than fletcher

i dont think fletcher is anything more than average, where doyle in all honesty is more suited to the championship level.

saying that, we have anichebe, mcfadden and straq who are in all honesty are more suited to the championship

Everton forever

April 02, 2012, 09:09:41 PM
Reply #40

krakkokain

Would love Drenthe and Pienaar and would be more than happy with those 2 and maybe the usually last minute random loan signing.

If we had another 5 million to spend there are some top players out there available and could really get some value for our money this summer.

April 02, 2012, 09:11:27 PM
Reply #41

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
If we dont get Pienaar in I am gonna cry a lot

Simply simply lovely

April 02, 2012, 09:49:13 PM
Reply #42

AidyEFC9

Pienaar as got to be a must, just makes us tick. Drenthe for free, im humming and arring over that one?. Can be a real threat when on his game, full of pace, tricks and unpredictable, but then can be so frustrating when he easily loses the ball or miss places a pass or if he goes down easily or is even fouled he doesn't get back up straight away. And plus the wages come into it!.

Up front i wouldn't be sure what to do either?. I like Stracq as he's full of effort and does link play well and can get a goal or 2 but i think he's not quite good enough to be a number one striker so maybe another loan deal for him.

Rodallega could be a good shout on a free to bring in and keep Jelavic on his toes.

I'd like to see us give Coleman a chance at RB if he's ready as Neville is too old and Hibbert's distribution is shocking, at defending you cant fault him but in this day and age you need to be good both ways and he's only good defensively and is a weak link going forward. If Coleman isn't up to it defensively then we need to look out for someone, maybe there's someone out there on a free we could sign?.

In the centre of midfield were fine i think. Gibbo and Felli are going from strength to strength and there's Rodwell, Francisco Junior and Wallace in there as back up or to break through. Cahill is starting to show signs of his old self but his going to be a year older, possibly a yard slower and we all know his limitations technically so maybe that's the position we have to look at, off the striker, but we have Barkley who could play there IMO but it's wether Moyesy sees him there or wether he really does come on next season?.

LB were ok till Baines gets injured. Garbutt and Bidwell are out on loan right now but wether there showing enough potential to make it premier league wise i don't know?. Pranjic of Bayern Munich, who we supposedly tried to sign in January, can play LB, aswell as LW & CM, is going to be on a free this summer, maybe we could bring him in?.

At CB i think were fine aswell. For me, Jags and Heitinga should be are preferred central pairing with Distin as back up on the bench after he's signed his years extension and the likes of Duffy and Dier waiting in the wings in reserve and ready to break through.

As with every summer, it all depends on finance and if we can sell the likes of Yobo, Mucha, Joao Silva and get McFadden off the books then maybe we can offer deals to the likes of Drenthe, Rodallega, Pranjic and sign Pienaar permanently?!.

Me personally i'd sell Rodwell if there was any takers but i doubt there is and he wouldn't be valued highly by clubs due to his form and injuries this season but if we could even get something from 8 to 14 million for him then i'd take it if we could use some of that to sign the ones ive mentioned above and maybe one or 2 more squad fillers?!.

April 02, 2012, 10:04:59 PM
Reply #43

cantoffee

I think Straqualursi is better than Anichebe in most things. He is definatly a better finisher atlhough Anichebe has had a good season in front of goal. He also links up play better and seems to have a better awareness of the play that is going on around him. His close down play is good as well. Although he doesnt have the best first touch and hes not that technically great I still think he is better than Anichebe. Although if Anichebe can carry on this form and turn his potential into reality then he will be better.

I pretty much disagree completely lol.

Would much rather keep Anichebe than Strac, and I suspect that is what will happen as well.

April 02, 2012, 10:48:52 PM
Reply #44

Big Doug

I hope to see us offload Rodders in the summer for anything between £10-15 mil as whilst he is potential we need to have proven quality in the squad right now if we are to challenge for the top 4/6 and with Felli and Gibson having a great partnership in central Midfield we could do with the cash to spend on other areas of our squad that need improving. Hopefully we can sign Pienaar on a full transfer for around £3 mil and sign both Holliet and Drenthe on free transfers along with Corluka from Spurs for around £6-7 mil along with maybe Roddalega on a free to provide cover for Jelavic. Kean has been quoted in the papers as to have been recently playing Holliet behind Yak in the Cahill role where he has flourished so by that our first team could be:

Howard
 Corluka Jagielka Heitinga Baines

Drenthe Gibson Felliani Pienaar

Holliet
                      Jelavic