November 24, 2017, 11:57:22 AM

Author Topic: Summer  (Read 6786 times)

April 02, 2012, 10:56:19 PM
Reply #45

cantoffee

I hope to see us offload Rodders in the summer for anything between £10-15 mil as whilst he is potential we need to have proven quality in the squad right now if we are to challenge for the top 4/6 and with Felli and Gibson having a great partnership in central Midfield we could do with the cash to spend on other areas of our squad that need improving. Hopefully we can sign Pienaar on a full transfer for around £3 mil and sign both Holliet and Drenthe on free transfers along with Corluka from Spurs for around £6-7 mil along with maybe Roddalega on a free to provide cover for Jelavic. Kean has been quoted in the papers as to have been recently playing Holliet behind Yak in the Cahill role where he has flourished so by that our first team could be:

Howard
 Corluka Jagielka Heitinga Baines

Drenthe Gibson Felliani Pienaar

Holliet
                      Jelavic

Hoilett is not on a free transfer.

Blackburn would be due a fee because of his age. He'll end up costing someone abut 6 million or so.

deCoubertin

April 02, 2012, 11:14:28 PM
Reply #46

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
i want somebody behind jelavic who can play intelligent football, one-two's and spot a good run etc. i know hoilett is fast and stuff. but i just havent watched him enough to know how well he'd play linking up with an intelligent striker. if anybody has and cares to correct me then please do.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 02, 2012, 11:26:11 PM
Reply #47

andrei

Jela can do all that spot the runs neat one twos only thing he and Cahill lack is pace. Holliet would be great playin just off Jela for me he is very direct in his play but hes not just fast and stuff very good finsher aswell. You can tell hes going to be a top player already above Blackburns standerds like Jones was. If Rodwell was to go and I only think he will if he goes to the Euros then Holliet and  Corluka I would be very happy with.

April 02, 2012, 11:36:12 PM
Reply #48

Optimistic Blue

its important we raid the relegate clubs

Fletcher is a great player and would suit our style perfectly, Matt Jarvis would be a good shout and even Micheal Kightly is starting to show signs of fulfilling the promise he once had

It depends who else can go down, QPR can fuck right off, i dont want any of their pathetic money grabbing no effort dirty smelly not good enough for average premier league clubs one last woo hoo and pay day to finish off their pathetic winless careers lead by horrible bastards like Mark Hughes and Neil fucking Warnock, whose at leeds now, LEEDS neil warnock and leeds, if theres anything that makes you more sick to the stomach then i wouldnt like to see it

Bolton Lee Chung Yong would be good, Wigan have a few wildcards but if Rodwell leaves Diame would be a nice cheap replacement

Villa are not out the woods yet, albeit due to tragic circumstances may still go down, but no one there really sets me on fire apart from maybe albrighton who would cost too much

I think Reading will go up now which kind of Rules us out for Jason Roberts
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

April 02, 2012, 11:47:39 PM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Fletcher is a great player and would suit our style perfectly, Matt Jarvis would be a good shout and even Micheal Kightly is starting to show signs of fulfilling the promise he once had

It depends who else can go down, QPR can fuck right off, i dont want any of their pathetic money grabbing no effort dirty smelly not good enough for average premier league clubs one last woo hoo and pay day to finish off their pathetic winless careers lead by horrible bastards like Mark Hughes and Neil fucking Warnock, whose at leeds now, LEEDS neil warnock and leeds, if there's anything that makes you more sick to the stomach then i wouldnt like to see it

Bolton Lee Chung Yong would be good, Wigan have a few wildcards but if Rodwell leaves Diame would be a nice cheap replacement

Villa are not out the woods yet, albeit due to tragic circumstances may still go down, but no one there really sets me on fire apart from maybe albrighton who would cost too much

no, no, no, yes, maybe.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 02, 2012, 11:59:02 PM
Reply #50

Big Doug

purely fantasy talk here, but If we were to flog Rodders for £15 mil+, one player I would love to see come to us would be Marin from Werder Bremen, looks a right talent and if we were to win the FA Cup fingers crossed, and get into the Europa League by this, providing his wages wouldnt be obscene maybe a cheeky bid by Moyes? can play both on the wing and in the cahill role behind the striker, obviously its very unlikely we could attract this sort of player but it would be a massive statement from the club providing any cash made from a player sale in the summer is given to the manager to invest in the squad.

April 03, 2012, 12:51:09 AM
Reply #51

Haile GAZrselassie

It depends who else can go down, QPR can fuck right off, i dont want any of their pathetic money grabbing no effort dirty smelly not good enough for average premier league clubs one last woo hoo and pay day to finish off their pathetic winless careers lead by horrible bastards like Mark Hughes and Neil fucking Warnock, whose at leeds now, LEEDS neil warnock and leeds, if theres anything that makes you more sick to the stomach then i wouldnt like to see it

Lee being the Korean lad whose out with a bust leg at the minute?

Before his injury id have said he'd be one of the first players id look to sign but after an injury like his its a risk bringing those players in.

If Bolton go down though and with him being out for so long you could probably pick him up for buttons so id say it would be worth the risk.

He was some player though before his injury.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

April 03, 2012, 01:07:11 AM
Reply #52

18efc78

I May be reading too much into this Echo report but it may lend some more credence to what Optimistic Blue posted earlier regarding Pienaar:

"There was a time not long ago that well-drilled opposition sides arriving at Goodison with two banks of four on a mission to frustrate were becoming a thorn in Evertonís side.

Not any more. Certainly not since that increasingly crucial last day of transfer activity in January when Steven Pienaar and Nikica Jelavic joined Darron Gibson as permanent additions to a squad which was desperate for a sign of hope and ambition.

All three have made promising and significant impact; that crucial creative spark provided by Pienaar allows Everton to unlock defences, in Jelavic they finally have a striker who can turn those chances into goals, and with Gibson a midfielder whose slow burning qualities reveal themselves further by the week."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/04/02/everton-fc-2-west-brom-0-harmony-leads-to-straightforward-home-win-100252-30673216/#ixzz1quK9NbiV

April 03, 2012, 01:13:41 AM
Reply #53

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I was always led to believe pienaars deal is loan with first option

Simply simply lovely

April 03, 2012, 02:00:10 AM
Reply #54

AidyEFC9

I hope to see us offload Rodders in the summer for anything between £10-15 mil as whilst he is potential we need to have proven quality in the squad right now if we are to challenge for the top 4/6 and with Felli and Gibson having a great partnership in central Midfield we could do with the cash to spend on other areas of our squad that need improving. Hopefully we can sign Pienaar on a full transfer for around £3 mil and sign both Holliet and Drenthe on free transfers along with Corluka from Spurs for around £6-7 mil along with maybe Roddalega on a free to provide cover for Jelavic. Kean has been quoted in the papers as to have been recently playing Holliet behind Yak in the Cahill role where he has flourished so by that our first team could be:

Howard
 Corluka Jagielka Heitinga Baines

Drenthe Gibson Felliani Pienaar

Holliet
                      Jelavic

Hoillet wont be free to English clubs though cos he's under 24, 25. Blackburn would get a certain amount for bringing him through the ranks and things, he's only be free if he went abroad.

And Corluka, and for 6 to 7 mill! Nar not for me.

But i agree on Rodwell, try and get as much as poss for him and use what ever money we would have left after giving the banks some to good use with squad purchases. I'm certain were just a few good signings from having a good enough side to challenge for Europe.

April 03, 2012, 02:15:38 AM
Reply #55

AidyEFC9

purely fantasy talk here, but If we were to flog Rodders for £15 mil+, one player I would love to see come to us would be Marin from Werder Bremen, looks a right talent and if we were to win the FA Cup fingers crossed, and get into the Europa League by this, providing his wages wouldn't be obscene maybe a cheeky bid by Moyes? can play both on the wing and in the cahill role behind the striker, obviously its very unlikely we could attract this sort of player but it would be a massive statement from the club providing any cash made from a player sale in the summer is given to the manager to invest in the squad.

Good shout but we wouldn't have a chance of signing him, i saw the likes of Spurs linked to him in January and if they make the champions league it'll be a big puller for players like him.

Good player but plays his best stuff down the left, cutting in and linking inside, and we have/want Pienaar for that.

Someone like Holtby would be a good future replacement for Cahill but again, Schalke are doing well and are on course for the champions league so would be hard for him to give that up and he wouldn't come cheap!.

But like someone as said, we need to be looking at the teams in trouble at the bottom end of there leagues, here and abroad!. The likes of Werder Bremen, Hamburg, Villarreal, Fiorentina, Genoa, Sochuax, clubs with some good players and talents are struggling in there leagues and players will want out or could possibly be sold for financial reason due to budgeting on the basis they'll be challenging for Europe and haven't got close and will have to sell to make up the numbers and obviously try and rebuild to do better or get promoted if such teams are relegated?!

April 03, 2012, 02:48:22 AM
Reply #56

ally2

Hoillett would be great but I also think he'll end up at Spurs. 

Not sure where that'll leave Aaron Lennon and his go-faster-eyebrows.  Probably Liverpool

April 03, 2012, 03:12:55 AM
Reply #57

Fynci

Pienaar is a must. I love Stracq, but that is more because of his attitude, and the fact he gives everything, rather than his skill level!

As long as we sign Pienaar then I'll consider it a good summer. Other additions are always welcome of course, but if we miss out on Drenthe then I won't lose too much sleep.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

April 03, 2012, 03:39:02 PM
Reply #58

christiffa25

As a bare minimum we need to sign a left and right winger in the summer. Pienaar and Drenthe would do for me.

Anything else is a bonus

April 03, 2012, 03:44:31 PM
Reply #59

montanatoffeefan

Does e4e or anyone else know if we have any sort of pre-agreement about a buy fee for Pienaar? I imagine we'll have to pay a bit more than we sold him for--after showcasing how much more he's worth.
Everton forever.