November 20, 2017, 01:48:17 AM

Author Topic: Summer  (Read 6771 times)

April 03, 2012, 04:49:42 PM
Reply #60

stirlingblue

I don't think that Rodwell will go in the summer, he's not really shown that he's over his injuries yet so I doubt anybody will be willing to pay 10mil plus for him.

If we get Pienaar and Drenthe in then we have two options for each wing (coleman and gueye). I doubt that we'll sign more than one permanent player in the summer so we'd need either a striker, some creativity or a right back.

I think that we could probably get a backup striker on loan (maybe Lukaku, Bentder or someone else young from the top 4 clubs) along with possibly a right back on loan and then focus the money on a creative player.

I've always liked watching Mauro Formica at Blackburn and I don't think that we'd be able to buy anybody more expensive. Of course the other option would be to go cheap and unknown and rotate with Osman in the hole.

deCoubertin

April 03, 2012, 05:25:28 PM
Reply #61

GrantyBoy78

Regarding Pienaar - Moyes said on the tele the other day that he hopes something will happen but Spurs aren't easy to deal with so that makes me think there isn't a deal in place. Spurs always expect top money for their players and don't usually let surpless players go cheaply. Jenas has just signed a new deal there even though he's been on loan at Villa - not because he's got a future there, just so they can get a decent price for him.

Regarding Straq - I remember Moyes saying he was availale 'for not much money' so if this is the case we should get him in. I don't expect him to make it but it will raise his profile in Europe and mean we'll get a few quid for him if we sell him on.

April 03, 2012, 05:36:58 PM
Reply #62

christiffa25

You would think Saha was a sweetener with spurs for any future pienaar deal. However out of form Saha was he was a excellent piece of business for spurs for free!

I really don't think you will see us spending money on a player to play in the hole. We have Cahill and osman. Plus Barkley and green coming through. Obviously green is a few years away but Barkley is on the fringes. With our lack of cash I just don't see moyes spending there with the options in the squad.

Wide players is where are cash will go and maybe another striker to replace straq I would imagine.

April 03, 2012, 09:42:36 PM
Reply #63

krakkokain

Re the Staq fee:

To be honest im not really sure what the fee is.I read an article about him when he first joined and assumed it was 6 million.

Apparently he dosent belong to Tigre he was only on loan with them last season.They had a fee of about 6 million for him agreed, if the loan was successful, but despite the fact that he killed it for them they tried to "Yobo" out of the deal and get him for cheaper.

The whole saga dragged on for ages with allot of drama and so after being offered to every club in England he ended up here for a season with no fee.

I wouldn't pay 6 for him but i would pay 2, lets hope that's where they value him now and that he would want to stay.

April 03, 2012, 11:11:38 PM
Reply #64

christiffa25

Tbf 2M is still quite a fee for a player who offers alot of work rate and not much else. Especially when there's players available for free

April 04, 2012, 12:11:13 AM
Reply #65

LukeMc09

Pienaar is a must, hopefully it's all but agreed.
Drenthe.... Please god no. Creates as many chances for the opposition as he does for us. Hate him!
Straq, I'd take him for cheap, but don't want to spend any real money on him when we have better youth strikers here. (Vellios)

Hearing big rumours on Dempsey. Would be brilliant but I would sort pienaar out first!