November 24, 2017, 09:26:44 AM

Author Topic: FA Cup Semi Final Thread. Liverpool V Everton.  (Read 79307 times)

April 03, 2012, 05:56:07 PM
Read 79307 times

everton_ev

I know it's a bit early but had a dream last night Moyes plays Jagielka in midfield! Mine would be:

Howard
Neville Heitinga Distin Baines
Osman Felli Gibson Gueye
Cahill
Jelavic
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:31:40 AM by Gash »

April 03, 2012, 06:07:09 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Christ, Osman on the right.

Put Drenthe in place of Osman and I'd agree with that.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

April 03, 2012, 06:09:43 PM
Reply #2

GrantyBoy78

Regardless of the line-up, I think we have to play our own game. Recently we've been more occupied with stopping them play and it hasn't worked.

Liverpool have been fucking shit this season, I'll be LIVID if we lose to them for the 3rd time.

April 03, 2012, 06:14:15 PM
Reply #3

the roy vernon plan

We need Drenthe to play. look at how Ben Arthur took them apart and in the end it was his genius that made the difference.

I don't know if Agger will play but I have  always thought that LFC are weak in the air and I hope we get plenty of centres in.

I think the team picks itself but I really hope and pray that DM lets Drenthe have a go.     

April 03, 2012, 06:16:23 PM
Reply #4

DJ1994

take the badge and name away from liverpool then look at their squad mediocre with 2 world class players.... do them

...................Howard.... ............
........Jagielka..Heitinga... .Disitin.....
Hibbert...................... ..........Baines...
.............Gibson......Fell aini..........
Drenthe...................... ...........Gueye..

..............Jelavic........ ..........................

i thought an unorthodox method with no credibility will be the best way to go
Class of Merseyside

April 03, 2012, 06:21:18 PM
Reply #5

BLUECELT

surely you'd have Seamus in ahead of Hibbo?
\"chin him, hes a cunt\" Big Dunc to Tony Adams about Mickael Madar

April 03, 2012, 06:21:39 PM
Reply #6

everton_ev

I can't see Drenthe starting because of how erratic he is. Maybe though Drenthe's realised some things while he's not been playing ie. to play more for the team and to stay on his feet! The only way i can see Drenthe starting is if he puts in a very good performance in against Sunderland or Norwich, which he is perfectly capable of if he plays with the right mindset

April 03, 2012, 06:26:51 PM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Surely people saw in the Sunderland game why Ossie is preferred to Drenthe or Gueye for that matter.

I can't seriously believe that people think that either of them are going to start ahead of him.

The foundations of our recent performances have been built on the team having an excellent shape and being able to press the opposition in the right areas.

Drenthe in particular puts those type of plans at great risk. Not because he doesn't track back, but because he has no discipline. He closes people down but he does it like a child. He'll tear round following the ball which leaves massive gaps where he's come from. Any decent side will exploit those gaps.

The Sunderland game (and to a lesser extent) the Swansea game showed that we can still be effective going forward while being disciplined as a team.

Now I'd probably go with Drenthe over Gueye as I don't think there's enough evidence that Gueye would be able to perform like he did against Sunderland; but either way Osman will start.

April 03, 2012, 06:30:16 PM
Reply #8

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Surely people saw in the Sunderland game why Ossie is preferred to Drenthe or Gueye for that matter.

I can't seriously believe that people think that either of them are going to start ahead of him.

The foundations of our recent performances have been built on the team having an excellent shape and being able to press the opposition in the right areas.

Drenthe in particular puts those type of plans at great risk. Not because he doesn't track back, but because he has no discipline. He closes people down but he does it like a child. He'll tear round following the ball which leaves massive gaps where he's come from. Any decent side will exploit those gaps.

The Sunderland game (and to a lesser extent) the Swansea game showed that we can still be effective going forward while being disciplined as a team.

Now I'd probably go with Drenthe over Gueye as I don't think there's enough evidence that Gueye would be able to perform like he did against Sunderland; but either way Osman will start.

This

Simply simply lovely

April 03, 2012, 06:31:25 PM
Reply #9

everton_ev

I agree, Osman is very underrated and in my opinion over the last calender year has been one of our best players with Baines + Distin. Certain starter for me

April 03, 2012, 06:33:55 PM
Reply #10

BLUECELT

I agree, Osman is very underrated and in my opinion over the last calender year has been one of our best players with Baines + Distin. Certain starter for me

this

every season we have the osman naysayers coming on with their "hes not good enough" chat, yet every time he plays Im almost always struck by what a good footballer he actually is.

Id take him to the european champs as englands new Scholesy.
\"chin him, hes a cunt\" Big Dunc to Tony Adams about Mickael Madar

April 03, 2012, 06:37:47 PM
Reply #11

everton_ev

this

every season we have the osman naysayers coming on with their "hes not good enough" chat, yet every time he plays Im almost always struck by what a good footballer he actually is.

Id take him to the european champs as englands new Scholesy.

Id say he's better than Cleverley and Rodwell. If Wilshire doesnt make it he should go imo

April 03, 2012, 06:40:51 PM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
anybody else noticed how fantastic jags has been in the last few games?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 03, 2012, 06:43:37 PM
Reply #13

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
anybody else noticed how fantastic jags has been in the last few games?

He knows he aint guaranteed a spot... Amazing what a bit of competition does

Simply simply lovely

April 03, 2012, 07:39:15 PM
Reply #14

EFCdanger

He knows he aint guaranteed a spot... Amazing what a bit of competition does

Exactly, everyone fighting for a place has put a real sense of togetherness in the squad as well.
Danger!