November 21, 2017, 03:13:02 AM

Author Topic: could moyes become new man city boss?  (Read 3654 times)

December 20, 2009, 05:56:31 PM
Reply #15

Endless, Nameless

I'd rather someone risky take over city, so good. Although I wish they'd kept Sparky as I dislike him just as much, so if City would have kept fucking up then it would have been 2 birds with 1 spiteful stone for me ;)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 06:02:11 PM by CallumF73 »
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

deCoubertin

December 20, 2009, 05:59:16 PM
Reply #16

toffee_scot

I don't think Moyes was ever in the running to be Man City and like blargins said, Hughes is a similar type of manager, Hughes did very well at Blackburn and made them a strong side with a limited budget, just like Moyes has done at Everton.

The Man City board are almost expecting instant success and with the amount of money they spent in the summer, you'd think they were trying to challenge for the title. Moyes has been good at finding bargains in the transfer market but hasn't been quite as successful when he's spent more than £6m on a player. Moyes is also a manager who needs time and patience from his employers before he can transform a side and even along the way it is a rollercoaster, remember the year 2005?

Hughes was appointed by Sinawatra but I always thought he wouldn't last long under the new Abu-Dhabi owners who would want the top class names in charge.

December 20, 2009, 06:37:37 PM
Reply #17

Bluescouse1

if rumours in the tabloids are true and mark hughes will be sacked imminently. Do you think they would turn to moyes? And if they did, would he go?

NO,

When are people going to realise the likes of Manure and Manshity anyone with cash to spen will not take on a manager who has won nowt
Moyes has done a lot for us
But we get carried away thinking he is some kind of winning manager
he has won nowt
in the history books it will read as
Everton won nothingup to this date at least
bit of luck we can have a good crack at the FA and Uefa once the other guys are ready
after the new year