November 19, 2017, 08:21:20 PM

Author Topic: Manchester United v Everton  (Read 39381 times)

April 16, 2012, 07:53:17 PM
Reply #30

Gash

Global Moderator
Another annual roll over and die at Old Trafford.

2-0

It took about 86 minutes for them to score last season at home. We didn't go to win but we certainly didn't and don't usually roll over to them at Old Trafford.

April 16, 2012, 07:57:40 PM
Reply #31

steve81

interesting to see how many penalties ashley young receives

April 16, 2012, 08:13:57 PM
Reply #32

DannyR

I'd have

Howard
Baines Distin Heitinga Neville
Pienaar Fellaini Gibson Osman
           Stracq   Jelavic
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

April 16, 2012, 08:22:58 PM
Reply #33

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The boys are in a no win. If they win/draw at OT many will say why didn't they play like that last week and if they lose to a very good man United, the same ppl will talk about the annual roll over.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 16, 2012, 09:12:27 PM
Reply #34

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Honestly just want this season to end.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 16, 2012, 10:46:44 PM
Reply #35

sharpattack

Honestly just want this season to end.
Have to agree. No real interest after Saturday. Even the prospect of finishing above them holds no real attraction. 7th or 8th, really, who gives a shit?
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

April 16, 2012, 10:48:34 PM
Reply #36

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Have to agree. No real interest after Saturday. Even the prospect of finishing above them holds no real attraction. 7th or 8th, really, who gives a shit?

Only the bank sadly

Simply simply lovely

April 16, 2012, 11:07:29 PM
Reply #37

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
That's why they should give a chance to the likes of Francisco Junior and Barkley. Give fans something new to take away some of the apathy floating around.

Not necessarily for this game but over the remaining fixtures.

April 17, 2012, 12:19:34 AM
Reply #38

Ridge

That's why they should give a chance to the likes of Francisco Junior and Barkley. Give fans something new to take away some of the apathy floating around.

Not necessarily for this game but over the remaining fixtures.

But there are no guarentees that it would reduce the apathy, does apathy even matter?

April 17, 2012, 12:43:40 AM
Reply #39

evertonarntwe

expect the usual bending over at OT as always, would take anything.
sick of this dull boring negative prick now, horrible days yesterday and he comes out with this shit, ginger cunt needs to stop thinking he will be the next united manager

April 17, 2012, 12:48:57 AM
Reply #40

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
But there are no guarentees that it would reduce the apathy, does apathy even matter?

No, there aren't any guarantees but I think seeing new faces in the side does bring a different dimension to a game. It's a sign that things aren't stale...something I'd argue EFC fans need more than most.

And yes apathy matters, both on and off the field.

On the field I think we saw it ourselves when Sunderland visited Goodison after getting knocked out. They knew their season was over, their fight was for the most part gone. What helps counter that is players who are trying to make their mark, trying to impress.

Off the field, we know Goodison can get pretty quiet at times so again it's a matter of getting people's attention. Giving a little extra interest and reason to get into the game rather than being more passive and waiting for something to happen.

April 17, 2012, 02:36:14 PM
Reply #41

wigster

id like to see barkely in these last few games- doubt thats going happen though. although moyes did say earlier in the season that we would see more of him towards end of the year. regards to this game- 3-0 to utd. zero shots on target
tony scores we riot

April 17, 2012, 03:41:36 PM
Reply #42

The Golden Vision

if anything finishing above them will go against us

The board can use this as a mark of success and spin it as propaganda when we sign fuck all this summer

April 17, 2012, 06:49:06 PM
Reply #43

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I'm not fussed whether it does or doesn't matter to be honest.

April 17, 2012, 07:52:59 PM
Reply #44

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not fussed whether it does or doesn't matter to be honest.

:badum:

He'll be here all week.