November 25, 2017, 11:59:36 AM

Author Topic: Manchester United v Everton  (Read 39634 times)

April 22, 2012, 11:38:34 PM
Reply #450

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
What you seem to think I said, was that if we had more money Moyes would not have won anything. That is not the case, if we had had more money I do think Moyes would have won something by now. I think moyes is a good manager and like him, but after 10 years of relative mediocrity and no trophies it might be time to move on.

I also think that, over the course of his time here he should likely have won a trophy with us. Other, less talented teams, have won trophies, such as Birmingham, Portsmouth (made it to the FA cup Final an additional time) and Totenham while teams such as Cardiff made it to the carling cup and fa cup finals (equaling  and surpassing moyes's successes) and teams like Fulham made it to the Europa League final. Everyone of the teams listed above we finished higher in the league than when they won or made it to cup finals. Maybe I just expect more from the players we have.....

Not saying we have to fire him right this moment or suggesting anything rash, I am not saying he sucks, I just simply believe that managers should, at times, move on even when they have done a good job. Look at Arsenal for example. I think they would be better off if Wegner left. Does that mean I think wegner is a bad manager? No, in fact I would prolly take him at Everton (although not sure is style would suit us), its just that sometimes you need someone fresh.

You said it was time for him to move on as he hasn't won anything. I was simply saying there is more to the fact that we haven't won anything than Moyes. And that is was mostly about the lack of money put into the squad rather than Moyes.

Yes there have been exceptions, but those are cups and sometimes you need to have a bit of luck to win them, or easier opposition.

We will likely go another 10 years without winning anything until we have more investment no matter who you bring in.

April 23, 2012, 04:01:00 AM
Reply #451

MmmBlueRamirez

Moyes is so frustrating

a team full of defenders, yet uniteds weakenss is there back 4 but rather than go for them, he keeps the 6 defenders on the pitch.

10 years of this negative crap.

he will probably consider a 4-2 scoreline a good result when in all honesty, united where there for the taking, especially in defence.
Evra and ferdinand have been awful.

Hibbert has had opportunity to put in a good ball, ok he did it for the goal, but his quality of crossing is poor, wasted opportunity after wasted opportunity..
really is time to sort out the right back spot once and for all.

david moyes is a defeatist

Oh really?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

April 23, 2012, 05:38:24 AM
Reply #452

bluestevie

what a comeback from the boys today, thought we were doomed at 3-1 but my opinion changed after the big man scored because at 4-2 i felt we could still get something, the evra chance just seemed to be the turning point

and wasn't it just sweet justice to see the two most hated players in our side, to some fans, play major roles in all four goals. the two crosses from hibbo were sublime, the dink and through ball from neville were excellent. i honestly think i am starting to get a man crush on jelavic, two well taken goals again from the croat today
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

April 23, 2012, 05:46:01 AM
Reply #453

davidian

Fantastic performance today from all the lads, especially hibbo and fellaini.

the dink and through ball from neville were excellent

the 'dink'? it was a fucking typical neville hoofball that was poorly defended.... to call it excellent is ridiculous

April 23, 2012, 06:21:20 AM
Reply #454

bluestevie

Fantastic performance today from all the lads, especially hibbo and fellaini.

the 'dink'? it was a fucking typical neville hoofball that was poorly defended.... to call it excellent is ridiculous

like bollocks it was, it was lofted perfectly to aim at fellaini. to call it a hoof is a joke

April 23, 2012, 06:48:58 AM
Reply #455

davidian

like bollocks it was, it was lofted perfectly to aim at fellaini. to call it a hoof is a joke

99/100 their defence would have cleared it, it was shocking defending by them

April 23, 2012, 07:09:03 AM
Reply #456

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

Are you drunk mate? It was a stupid horrible dink . Evans and Ferdinand managed to somehow put it on a plate for Jelavic.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 23, 2012, 08:17:19 AM
Reply #457

bluestevie

not drunk mate, maybe its my bug making me delirious but i could swear it was a good ball in