November 19, 2017, 08:29:53 PM

Author Topic: 'That is not my plan and it is not in my thoughts' - Moyes when asked if he was  (Read 2612 times)

April 28, 2012, 04:15:41 PM
Reply #15

Blue Phoenix

weihwe

That's the most sense you've ever made. Well done.

Insightful stuff right there

It is actually, he could have just said nothing and deflected the question, and said he'd make a decision on his future in the summer.

Bit of a non story isn't it?

Daily Mail, Daily Star, Daily Express and Liverpool Echo all reported it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2136369/David-Moyes-rush-leave-Everton.html

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/248371/David-Moyes-You-ve-got-my-word/

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/316973/

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/04/28/david-moyes-says-he-won-t-walk-out-on-everton-fc-to-quit-football-this-summer-100252-30857659/#sitelife-commentsWidget-bottom

deCoubertin

April 28, 2012, 04:49:49 PM
Reply #16

Gash

Global Moderator
Daily Mail, Daily Star, Daily Express and Liverpool Echo all reported it.

So 3 papers plus the local. I just mean it's not exactly earth shattering news is it? "Manager in pledge to his employer shock". He's an honourable man and I'd take his word for it but he was asked in the question in light of Guardiola leaving Barca and the stresses that come with the job, nothing more.

And the bit about sitting down with Kenwright, he's been saying that for months as well, there was even a thread on here because people took that as meaning he was going to resign in the summer. If you read it in the right context, it really isn't big news.

April 28, 2012, 04:55:19 PM
Reply #17

Blue Phoenix

So 3 papers plus the local. I just mean it's not exactly earth shattering news is it? "Manager in pledge to his employer shock". He's an honourable man and I'd take his word for it but he was asked in the question in light of Guardiola leaving Barca and the stresses that come with the job, nothing more.

And the bit about sitting down with Kenwright, he's been saying that for months as well, there was even a thread on here because people took that as meaning he was going to resign in the summer. If you read it in the right context, it really isn't big news.

People get hysterical about the negative speculation, it's only right to highlight the positive speculation. Except certain people don't appear to like that. It's a perfectly valid story, it's the first indication he has given on his thoughts for next season, as illustrated by the coverage it has received.

April 28, 2012, 05:15:14 PM
Reply #18

Bily No Pace

People get hysterical about the negative speculation, it's only right to highlight the positive speculation.

bwahanaabaahhahahahahahahahah ahahaahha, are you for real!?!?!?!? fuck me you are, aren't you??
Bily No Pace has no signature

April 29, 2012, 07:42:57 AM
Reply #19

minty

People get hysterical about the negative speculation, it's only right to highlight the positive speculation. Except certain people don't appear to like that. It's a perfectly valid story, it's the first indication he has given on his thoughts for next season, as illustrated by the coverage it has received.

What negative speculation? Far more people have said they want Moyes to leave than that they think he will. 3mil a year with no real pressure on him and very unlikely a bigger team will come for him. Madness to think he'd leave.

April 29, 2012, 07:57:37 AM
Reply #20

Ridge

I actually thought it was quite an interesting spot. But it appears I got a different end of the stick, I thought it indicated that he was very much open to the possibility. To say it's not in his plan or thoughts, may indicate it's irrelevance. But for me, it was more about how non committal he was. It wasn't an "I see my future here" type comment, it was more of a statement that said "I don't have a route out yet, so why worry about it"

Maybe it's part of his mentality or strategy in negotiations, but it didn't feel like a reassurance to me. It's one of those ones, where you can read a lot more into what wasn't said, which might be what I'm doing too much.

April 29, 2012, 12:48:49 PM
Reply #21

montanatoffeefan

I actually thought it was quite an interesting spot. But it appears I got a different end of the stick, I thought it indicated that he was very much open to the possibility. To say it's not in his plan or thoughts, may indicate it's irrelevance. But for me, it was more about how non committal he was. It wasn't an "I see my future here" type comment, it was more of a statement that said "I don't have a route out yet, so why worry about it"

Maybe it's part of his mentality or strategy in negotiations, but it didn't feel like a reassurance to me. It's one of those ones, where you can read a lot more into what wasn't said, which might be what I'm doing too much.

This. If nothing else, Evertonians by now should understand the vague, shape-shifting language of people working for the club speaking about their future to the media.
Everton forever.

April 29, 2012, 04:27:48 PM
Reply #22

Bily No Pace

This. If nothing else, Evertonians by now should understand the vague, shape-shifting language of people working for the club speaking about their future to the media.

Change the fucking record.
Bily No Pace has no signature

April 30, 2012, 03:25:19 AM
Reply #23

nomorechang

RIP
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17888928

" Roy Hodgson approached by FA over England manager's job

West Bromwich Albion have granted the Football Association permission to talk to Roy Hodgson about the vacant England manager's position.
Hodgson, 64, has already spoken with FA chairman David Bernstein about replacing Fabio Capello."

which indicates that 'arry will be staying at Spurs , So that's one possible job that Moyes might have been targeted for now not available
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "