November 22, 2017, 03:25:00 PM

Poll

Are we better off without baines when going forward?

Yes, Baines makes us to predictable
4 (6.2%)
Maybe, small sample size
4 (6.2%)
No, coincidence (team playing better)
47 (72.3%)
No, but I view his temporary absence as benificial in the long run
10 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: 12 Goals in three games without Baines  (Read 2951 times)

April 29, 2012, 02:40:15 AM
Read 2951 times

howard1334

Dont take this the wrong way, I think Baines, along with Felliani, Jelly and Peanuts are our best 4 players, and think Baines could fit in with most of the top 5 or 6 sides easy, but I was if we are better off attacking without Baines than with him? We have now scored 12 goals in three games without Baines, playing some free flowing, attacking soccer. Of course this could just be the result of generally better form and, in particular, Jelavic's heroics, Felliani playing well in an advanced position and Peinarr playing better than ever, but, as others have argued, we do seem to be less predictable and more creative overall without Baines in the team.

At the very least, i do think this was beneficial for the team, as we will now have more confidence in attacking in a variety of different ways once we reincorporate Baines. Hopefully we will just be even more potent going forward with his return.

Just wanted to get this in poll form.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:46:48 AM by howard1334 »

deCoubertin

April 29, 2012, 02:42:51 AM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

April 29, 2012, 02:43:53 AM
Reply #2

minty

It's the awesomeness of having Hibbo, Neville and osman in the starting line- up together more than the absence of Baines!

April 29, 2012, 02:45:02 AM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It's the awesomeness of having Hibbo, Neville and osman in the starting line- up together more than the abscence of Baines!

Great shout, totally agree

Simply simply lovely

April 29, 2012, 02:47:33 AM
Reply #4

howard1334

Great shout, totally agree

Why did I not include that in my poll...

April 29, 2012, 02:49:03 AM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Why did I not include that in my poll...

I dunno mate, it was so obvious

Simply simply lovely

April 29, 2012, 03:10:54 AM
Reply #6

nomorechang

RIP
Phil Nev was trying to be Phil Messi today ;D his little flicks and backheels were awesome ;)
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

April 29, 2012, 03:16:39 AM
Reply #7

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's great to see we can play football without Baines but there is no doubt we would be better with him playing.  Similar to since Drenthe is out it just illustrates we are not reliant on one particular player.

April 29, 2012, 03:16:40 AM
Reply #8

Ross

Is this for real? Better without Baines?   shakeyheadman
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 29, 2012, 04:00:32 AM
Reply #9

MmmBlueRamirez

Is this for real? Better without Baines?   shakeyheadman

Its quite posiibly the world biggest coincidence and the events are by no means related.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

April 29, 2012, 04:12:31 AM
Reply #10

howard1334

Is this for real? Better without Baines?   shakeyheadman

I never said I thought we were better off without Baines (in fact I voted no in my own poll), just wanted to know what people's thoughts are, I believe I stated that within the original post.

April 29, 2012, 04:19:07 AM
Reply #11

Ross

I never said I thought we were better off without Baines (in fact I voted no in my own poll), just wanted to know what people's thoughts are, I believe I stated that within the original post.

You obviously know, as does everyone else who watches Everton that we are a far better team with Baines in it. So I can't understand the original thread or poll, that's all I'm saying.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 29, 2012, 05:21:14 AM
Reply #12

ALEX1878

Phil Nev was trying to be Phil Messi today ;D his little flicks and backheels were awesome ;)

See Hibberts's backheel passback? Pure class and composure  ;)

April 29, 2012, 12:25:16 PM
Reply #13

montanatoffeefan

These things can happen--other players stepping up to compensate for the loss of creativity of a key player. But they tend not to happen for long.

Selling Baines would be utter madness. Lock and delete this thread before Robert Elstone or BK sees this thread and starts rubbing his chin.
Everton forever.

April 30, 2012, 12:13:55 AM
Reply #14

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I notice more of an improvement when Cahill's not on the pitch.

"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."