December 18, 2017, 05:06:08 PM

Author Topic: If we got Champions League next season would Moyes stay at Everton?  (Read 3749 times)

May 04, 2012, 12:50:27 AM
Reply #15

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
It sounds like if SAF gets to make the decision, he will choose Moyes.

Personally, I think it strange that someone leaving a company will get to choose his successor, but SAF does tend to be bigger than Man U at times.

isnt that how we got moyes in the first place?

deCoubertin

May 04, 2012, 03:02:20 AM
Reply #16

Everton

We wont get champions league football,
Elstone has admitted there is no money unless we can sell first, maybe we can bring in a loan player

Bill kenwright needs to do the honourable thing and step aside, we need a new chairman appointed who has 1 aim, to sell the club.
It is unfair on moyes to keep expecting him to get the full potential out of the squad with no hope of bettering it.

May 04, 2012, 04:48:06 AM
Reply #17

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
It sounds like if SAF gets to make the decision, he will choose Moyes.

Personally, I think it strange that someone leaving a company will get to choose his successor, but SAF does tend to be bigger than Man U at times.

Regardless of what SAF wants, will the MUFC board want a manager who has won nothing, has no real experience in the Champions League and has a habit of bottling big games?

"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

May 04, 2012, 07:21:50 AM
Reply #18

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Regardless of what SAF wants, will the MUFC board want a manager who has won nothing, has no real experience in the Champions League and has a habit of bottling big games?

That's one reason why it would be daft for the person leaving to choose.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

May 04, 2012, 07:33:21 AM
Reply #19

Ridge

I think the board will have learned to trust his judgement. You think the Glazer's or David Gill will think twice about taking SAF's advice regarding management?

May 04, 2012, 07:38:01 AM
Reply #20

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
But you also have to take into account, would the recommended person be on the same wavelength as the board? It's one thing to recommend, but another to actually make the appointment.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

May 04, 2012, 07:57:10 AM
Reply #21

Ridge

May 04, 2012, 08:27:37 AM
Reply #22

blueski

if moyes plays his way into the CL, I really don't see him leaving
Nil Satis

May 04, 2012, 11:44:12 AM
Reply #23

davidian

May 04, 2012, 02:17:10 PM
Reply #24

christiffa25

For moyes to stay there needs to be a change with finances. I truly believe moyes has loyalty to us. I also truly believe moyes would think he could get us there or abouts on a fraction of what other teams spend.

The problem is if it carries on like the last few years when he's had NO money at all and had to sell for the banks.. He'll give up on us.

He doesn't need city style money... Just Sunderland style money and I think he'd be happy with that.

May 04, 2012, 04:25:54 PM
Reply #25

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

The difference in Moyes joining United is who would pick the manager, if SAF chose it'd be Moyes, if the owners chose it'd be someone with a list of trophies to his name.

Not sure who picks the managers, do the board have a say in it? Abramovich seems to do as he pleases.
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

May 04, 2012, 04:27:44 PM
Reply #26

Twainy

Our concerns should be two fold:
1. Moyes leaving
2. Our best players following him i.e. Fellaini, Baines, Heitinga, maybe Jelavic and Jagielka.

I don't think he would automatically come in for those players but I could certainly see them wanting to go elsewhere if Moyes was to leave.

That would be a double whammy that only a new owner with deep pockets could possibly solve.
I could no more change my team than I could chop my balls off.

May 06, 2012, 06:22:45 PM
Reply #27

nomorechang

RIP
http://www.olbg.com/next-man-utd-manager.htm

Moyes is 3rd favourite to be the next Utd manager behind Mourinho and Guardiola .
I'm old enough to remember when Sir Matt Busby retired from Utd , who in his own way was as big , if not bigger legend than SAF..it took years and a relegation for Utd to find a replacement ... I very much fear that this could be the case when Fergie decides to hang up his hairdryer, (maybe not a relegation season) , .. but they'll need someone with a very strong character to follow him...Mourinho would probably be ideal IMO...Whether he'll take up the challenge is another thing. After Dalglish's first spell as Liverpoo boss nobody has really had the success they crave... thanks to Souness and his plan to break up the ' bootroom' culture...they've had some really good players in that time but never a good "team" which is how Shankley revived them .
As Chelsea have recently proved , the best managers also have to understand the culture of the club ...Moyes has done it with us and has universally been regarded as 'punching above his weight '  ... Could he do the same for Utd ? I really don't know
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "