November 23, 2017, 11:50:47 AM

Author Topic: 14 years ago today, this was the scene at Goodison  (Read 1368 times)

May 10, 2012, 02:47:42 PM
Read 1368 times

Blue Phoenix

Thank you Gareth Farrelly.
And thank you Chelsea, especially Gianluca Vialli & Jody Morris.

We must never forget... or allow us to go back!

deCoubertin

May 10, 2012, 02:53:25 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

There's a fella in a red top there!
What was he thinking????

I NEVER wear red and I certainly wouldn't dream of doing it at Goodison!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 10, 2012, 02:54:02 PM
Reply #2

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe we should use this as a marker that this current regime might not be the worst in our history!sometimes people forget how grim we were under Walter Smith, Mike Walker and in this final Kendall spell. The squad is now a million times better than this one was
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

May 10, 2012, 03:24:07 PM
Reply #3

sharpattack

Terrible day. I couldn't watch the last 5 minutes of that game.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

May 10, 2012, 03:25:42 PM
Reply #4

phillyt

Maybe we should use this as a marker that this current regime might not be the worst in our history!sometimes people forget how grim we were under Walter Smith, Mike Walker and in this final Kendall spell. The squad is now a million times better than this one was

But we should also realise the precarious nature of our position. With our board, no European football, players eave manager goes and in a heartbeat scenes like this at back, or even worse scenes like Blackburn this week.

We shouldn't wait till it gets like this to push for change.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

May 10, 2012, 03:26:17 PM
Reply #5

Blue Phoenix

Thanks to Moyes, and Moyes alone.

We can't keep selling a star player every summer, invest only a fraction of the proceeds in new players (the rest going to the banks), and not expect an eventual return to times like this.

It's a flawed business model, that prospers only because Moyes is so outstanding at his job.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 03:30:30 PM by Blue Phoenix »

May 10, 2012, 03:28:08 PM
Reply #6

montanatoffeefan

Amen. I feel like I'm passing a giant kidney stone whenever we get close to the relegation zone in the second half of the season.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 03:31:02 PM by montanatoffeefan »
Everton forever.

May 10, 2012, 03:32:13 PM
Reply #7

Toddacelli

(In best Monty Python voice)

"Yeah but what has the Moyesy ever really done for us?"

"You mean apart from stability, a squad a million times better, miracles on a shoestring, young players coming through, European football and the position to challenge for European football?"

"Yeah, apart from that!"

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 10, 2012, 05:56:28 PM
Reply #8

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
There's a fella in a red top there!
What was he thinking????

I NEVER wear red and I certainly wouldn't dream of doing it at Goodison!

Me neither.
I don't think I have anything red to wear at all.
I even designed new poolside shirts for the Swimming Club I joined because they were red.
The new ones are green.
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

May 10, 2012, 06:52:00 PM
Reply #9

Deano Blue Boy

I remember that day as if it was yesterday.

Also will never forget the scummy Chelsea fans singing "Come on Bolton, come on Bolton.", then cheering like mad when they scored their second.

May 10, 2012, 06:54:20 PM
Reply #10

Deano Blue Boy