November 19, 2017, 05:45:44 AM

Author Topic: 25 and counting.  (Read 3166 times)

June 05, 2012, 06:55:38 PM
Reply #15

Lapeno

United went 27 years and look at them now!!!

deCoubertin

June 05, 2012, 07:33:42 PM
Reply #16

ally2

Wish, wish, wish people would stop saying 'investment'.

The club cannot afford to invest in the squad (and FFP would screw it anyway) and no-one is going to 'invest' i.e. give money to the club without control.

June 05, 2012, 08:43:43 PM
Reply #17

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I always suspected there was some awful woman controlling our manager, depressing and belittling him at home, frustrating his talents and best intentions, keeping him from doing his best on the job.

Though I suppose he has much the same doing that to him at Everton.

Women. Meh!
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 05, 2012, 10:19:18 PM
Reply #18

fast lane

I can only hope it doesn't take that long again, before it happens.
But before it could possibly happen, something has to change first.
And we all know what.

Over here even cousins are mocking me for supporting our beloved club.
To them we are nothing club, never in the Champions League, or even in the Europa League now.
Reaching the latter has become an enormous ask now, while not so long ago we were playing in Europe nearly every season...
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

June 07, 2012, 09:45:39 PM
Reply #19

EssexYid

I can only hope it doesn't take that long again, before it happens.
But before it could possibly happen, something has to change first.
And we all know what.

Over here even cousins are mocking me for supporting our beloved club.
To them we are nothing club, never in the Champions League, or even in the Europa League now.
Reaching the latter has become an enormous ask now, while not so long ago we were playing in Europe nearly every season...

Anyone with half a clue about football would never call Everton a "nothing  club" and if they do they are only showing their ignorance of the truth,  Everton are a club with a great history and real tradition,  unfortunately they are now suffering due to a lack of investment 20 years or so ago,  that is when Goodison Park needed upgrading or replacing with a new ground,  that has resulted in Everton stagnating as a club,  resulting in the current situation where they are treading water financially.

To prove my point above regarding Goodison Park  as some have already mentioned above there are quite a lot of Spurs fans moaning about a lack of investment etc,  and player wise that is true over the last Two years or so,  but the reality is that they fail to see the bigger picture, Spurs have just built a new 45m training ground academy that will open any week now,   and they have already spent over 90m upfront  on their new 450m stadium,   55m has been spent on infrastructure costs in cash  from our accounts over the last 2 years, hence the lack of any big spending on players recently,   some of our fans are short sighted though because that infrastructure investment will give Spurs a great deal of spending power in the years to come.

June 07, 2012, 10:36:58 PM
Reply #20

Fynci

I'm thinking more about when we start competing, rather than winning. Baby steps.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

June 08, 2012, 08:39:04 PM
Reply #21

adamefc88

I sometimes think fans are a little deluded, We are no where near winning the league but also we are competing at the top end of the league, all be it for europa cup spots but still there. We are reaching Finals and Semi-finals, The truth is, The club is not a truly attractive investment. I means look at us, Yes I love Goodison but the old lady is well past its best, im talking six blues, a liter of vodka and two tubes of KY past its best so anyone who buys the club needs to outlay on a new home, theres 500m+ then theres the players that needs to be brought to get to the top end of the table shall we say around 200-300m? Then we have the debts of 30-40m and then theres the fact buying the actual club. Christ we need a fucking billionaire to buy us and in a world of economic decline how many of them are around willing to throw that sort of money at a club on its arse?
Lets face it, we are not the global brand that Man U, Liverpool and in a way Chelsea and City are.
Look at Chelsea now that Roman has locked up his wallet, they are slipping and I mean he isnt exactly short of a few quid is he?
Right you cock sucking whore! go take a hot, steamy piss on some live power cables so your paedophile father can fondle your roasted, salted nuts :D

June 09, 2012, 08:10:31 AM
Reply #22

Nicky Jellyfish

Chelsea are Champions of Europe and are preparing 100m transfer budget this summer hardly slipping and hardly tightening their pockets

surely with the state we are in Any incoming board or chairman would only need to invest 150 on players for us to compete at the top of the league and europe and then once success has been acheived use that momentum prize money to partner up with somebody and build a muli purpose stadium...

abramovic would have seen some serious money returned in their lazt 5 year trophy hall....

i know a very very wealthy billionaire with history in investing in football....if only there was a proposal template for the sale of EFC

June 09, 2012, 04:37:11 PM
Reply #23

Bily No Pace

Chelsea are Champions of Europe and are preparing 100m transfer budget this summer hardly slipping and hardly tightening their pockets

surely with the state we are in Any incoming board or chairman would only need to invest 150 on players for us to compete at the top of the league and europe and then once success has been acheived use that momentum prize money to partner up with somebody and build a muli purpose stadium...

abramovic would have seen some serious money returned in their lazt 5 year trophy hall....

i know a very very wealthy billionaire with history in investing in football....if only there was a proposal template for the sale of EFC

Sorry really are only interested in wealthy billionaires.
Bily No Pace has no signature