November 23, 2017, 04:08:47 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Spurs  (Read 27922 times)

February 26, 2010, 06:38:50 PM
Reply #15

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I would take a draw after yesterday but would love for us to come out fighting.  Blarg's team is a good one but will never happen.

February 26, 2010, 07:05:08 PM
Reply #16

.Rimbo.

------------------------------Howard--------------------------------------
Neville----------Heitinga--------------Distin----------------Baines
Donovan---------Osman---------------Arteta------------Pienaar
---------------------------------Bily---------------------------------------
----------------------------------Saha------------------------------------

This team if Cahill doesn't make it. Everton to respond well after Euro Nightmare.

0-2, Saha and Yakubu off the bench.

Jagielka to make an appearance in the dying moments and Heitinga to marshall Defoe brilliantly all game.

February 26, 2010, 07:32:32 PM
Reply #17

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The team has to show that they want to achieve something this season.

Our away form has been poor all season, but it has to improve especially against a rival for the Euro spots.

We've had some good performances from a lot of our players at the Lane in recent years so hopefully this will inspire them.

February 26, 2010, 10:33:59 PM
Reply #18

cantoffee

I look at this as the first of many must win games if we're to make europe next year. It'll be tough but I still think we can do it if Heitinga and Distin play as well as they have been recently but we're really going to miss Cahill if he's not back, his knack for scoring important goals is so valuable. No prediction this time.

February 26, 2010, 11:19:06 PM
Reply #19

Fynci

I'd be surprised if Billy makes the starting line-up, he looked really out of sorts and the long season prior to coming to us really does look like its taking its toll now. If I was Moyes I'd have him on the bench.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

February 26, 2010, 11:34:41 PM
Reply #20

sharpattack

I'd be surprised if Billy makes the starting line-up, he looked really out of sorts and the long season prior to coming to us really does look like its taking its toll now. If I was Moyes I'd have him on the bench.
Agreed
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

February 27, 2010, 01:09:51 AM
Reply #21

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If we have any chance of making Europe we need our away form to drastically improve. Unfortunately its also unrealistic to expect it to at this point in the season, but if somehow we could do it (and in doing so give a foothold and confidence going into the other away games) we would have something to fight for this season.

Alternatively losing Sunday would mean that the season is effectively done.

In a side note and in my continuing optimism of seeing him again Moyes will see fit to give Coleman another crack at Spurs after his last outing.

February 27, 2010, 01:57:11 AM
Reply #22

cad

I wouldn't have Bily anywhere near London for the Spurs game.
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

February 27, 2010, 03:13:55 AM
Reply #23

benuski

Howard
Neville Heitinga Distin Baines
              Rodwell
Donovan Osman Arteta Pienaar
               Saha

Without Cahill I don't think we can play the 4-4-1-1 well, at least not with Billy playing the way he is right now.  I know this has been mentioned in other threads, but it baffles me that he seems so out of shape/tired in every game.  But I could definitely see the same team as at Sporting, except Distin in for Senderos, taking the field against Spurs.  And if we somehow get the Billy that showed up against Man U., then that will be fine.

Another team I would like to see would be the 4-4-1-1 with Donovan/Pienaar in the Cahill role and Gosling out wide.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 03:17:44 AM by benuski »

February 27, 2010, 03:35:37 AM
Reply #24

Thom

Administrator
Heitinga, Distin and Rodwell in for Yobo, Senderos and Bily.

I think, after a tough month, this match could be a bit too much of an ask. Saying that, with the virus around Spurs we could sneak something. I'll say a draw then, but I won't predict a scoreline and scorers.

February 27, 2010, 03:44:08 AM
Reply #25

Gumpinio

Saying that, with the virus around Spurs we could sneak something.

With our luck when it comes to 'injuries' we'll probably lose half the squad to the fucking plague when they return from WHL.

Howard

Osman Rodwell Arteta Pienaar

Donovan

Saha

Nash, Coleman, Jagielka, Billy, Yakubu, Gosling, Vaughan

And we'll bounce back with a 3-2 win. Pavlychenko (sp?) and Modric for them, Saha and 2 from Osman for us.

"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

February 27, 2010, 03:55:20 AM
Reply #26

Always a Toffeeman

Squad: Howard, Nash, Neville, Baines, Jagielka, Senderos, Distin, Heitinga, Pienaar, Osman, Arteta, Bilyaletdinov, Donovan, Rodwell, Gosling, Saha, Vaughan, Yakubu, Anichebe.

no yobo? has he been blamed for sporting when i would say the blame should have been equally senderos fault
 #formerly efc for life

February 27, 2010, 05:10:09 AM
Reply #27

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Squad: Howard, Nash, Neville, Baines, Jagielka, Senderos, Distin, Heitinga, Pienaar, Osman, Arteta, Bilyaletdinov, Donovan, Rodwell, Gosling, Saha, Vaughan, Yakubu, Anichebe.

no yobo? has he been blamed for sporting when i would say the blame should have been equally senderos fault

Wait!! No Coleman either!

Our best player against them at Goodison and where is he? The OS list isn't always the most accurate but this was always my fear (thinking Hibbert would be back by now) that a "favourite" of Moyes would come straight back in and Coleman would be nowhere to be seen.

If you trust Jags to be fit then fair enough but there is no need for Jags, Senderos, Distin, Heitinga competing primarily for CB and just Neville for RB. Techincally I know Gosling could cover there but he has never looked convincing to me in that role, and Jags also has RB on his CV but he is a shade of the player we know him to be just as he is at DM.

This better be a mistake otherwise its just dumb dumb dumb by Moyes. How are we supposed to foster any sense of competition if there is one rule for some players and a different one for others?

February 27, 2010, 11:24:31 AM
Reply #28

goldenghost

With our luck when it comes to 'injuries' we'll probably lose half the squad to the fucking plague when they return from WHL.

Howard

Osman Rodwell Arteta Pienaar

Donovan

Saha

Nash, Coleman, Jagielka, Billy, Yakubu, Gosling, Vaughan

And we'll bounce back with a 3-2 win. Pavlychenko (sp?) and Modric for them, Saha and 2 from Osman for us.

lolol        Brilliant
Cocktails anyone?

February 27, 2010, 01:54:43 PM
Reply #29

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
One thing is certain, Heitinga has become very important to us is a very short space of time.