September 18, 2019, 02:00:24 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Spurs  (Read 37394 times)

February 28, 2010, 06:25:39 PM
Read 37394 times

Gary Iceman

Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

February 28, 2010, 06:33:32 PM
Reply #1

Gary Iceman

didnt catch what the injury was..but here is the team news, according to this anichebe is playin alongside yak but on espn before they had yak up front on his own.?

Victor Anichebe and Yakubu will start in attack when Everton take on Tottenham at White Hart Lane this afternoon.

The pair are two of five changes made by manager David Moyes following Thursday's Europa League exit at Sporting Lisbon.

The others see defensive duo Sylvain Distin and John Heitinga return after missing out through suspension and ineligibility respectively and Jack Rodwell, one of the heroes of last week's victory over Manchester United, come into midfield.

Philippe Senderos has not recovered from a hip injury sustained in Portugal but his replacement at the Estadio Jose Alvalade, Phil Jagielka, is again on the bench.

Heitinga and Distin are joined in defence by captain Phil Neville and Leighton Baines, who was yesterday called up by Fabio Capello for England's friendly against Egypt on Wednesday.

Mikel Arteta, Leon Osman, Steven Pienaar and Rodwell will make up Moyes' midfield. French striker Louis Saha is not in the squad.

Everton: Howard, Neville, Baines, Heitinga, Distin, Osman, Arteta, Rodwell, Pienaar, Yakubu, Anichebe. Subs: Nash, Gosling, Yobo, Jagielka, Donovan, Vaughan, Bilyaletdinov
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.