November 21, 2017, 08:53:13 AM

Author Topic: Phillip  (Read 3380 times)

February 26, 2010, 06:37:50 PM
Read 3380 times

.Rimbo.

No, not Phillipe, his replacement last night...

Have I ever told you all how much I love Jagielka?

I am RIDICULOUSLY glad he's back.

deCoubertin

February 26, 2010, 06:41:24 PM
Reply #1

Endless, Nameless

Let's just say I went through a lot of tissues last night; for two reasons. He was one of them  ;)
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 26, 2010, 06:44:14 PM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

He came on and just reminded us of everything we've been missing at times. Leadership, organisation and composure at the back.

I'd have to see it again but it looked like Mathias' goal was quite fortunate after a heavy second touch.

February 26, 2010, 06:49:54 PM
Reply #3

bang

He came on and just reminded us of everything we've been missing at times. Leadership, organisation and composure at the back.

I'd have to see it again but it looked like Mathias' goal was quite fortunate after a heavy second touch.

absolutely not too blame for the last goal (if thats the one you meant), the guy tries to backheel across jags had it covered but it fortuitously fell right into the strikers path.

tired slightly but I really didnt think jags would be as good as he was, some fantastic clearances headers etc, and such presence.

in hindsight we could have started with him and brought senderos on when he tired, but hindsight is ...

I think last night would have been a hell of a lot more painful without the optimism of seeing this man back.

do you think he's still in with a shout for the WC if he plays most of the rest of the games??

when  is the deadline for capello to pick the squad?

February 26, 2010, 06:51:28 PM
Reply #4

Ridge

Yeah, Matias was looking to backheel but did it into his standing leg, his touch past Howard was class though. For a second it looked like an absolutely amazing bit of skill, but he never meant it.

February 26, 2010, 06:51:36 PM
Reply #5

Endless, Nameless

absolutely not too blame for the last goal (if thats the one you meant), the guy tries to backheel across jags had it covered but it fortuitously fell right into the strikers path.

tired slightly but I really didnt think jags would be as good as he was, some fantastic clearances headers etc, and such presence.

in hindsight we could have started with him and brought senderos on when he tired, but hindsight is ...

I think last night would have been a hell of a lot more painful without the optimism of seeing this man back.

do you think he's still in with a shout for the WC if he plays most of the rest of the games??

I don't know, but if he gets to play some games and picks up were he left off, he just might. Rio is injured as fuck and Terry is shite, so who knows? And with Bridge dropping out, it could be Everton saving the day for England ;)
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 26, 2010, 06:53:42 PM
Reply #6

bang

Yeah, Matias was looking to backheel but did it into his standing leg, his touch past Howard was class though. For a second it looked like an absolutely amazing bit of skill, but he never meant it.

It did look like a great showboat from the first two angles, maybe we'll see players trying to do it deliberately

February 26, 2010, 06:57:31 PM
Reply #7

.Rimbo.

We're not English we are scouse. I'm not too fussed if he goes or not. Personally, for him, I'd love him to go. But Barry and Lescott etc. might try and get their grubby mitts on him.

Funnily enough all of our goals were conceded AFTER Senderos went off and Jagielka came on, but I think that was just coincidence. He played really well and Senderos had been struggling.

February 26, 2010, 08:54:21 PM
Reply #8

toffee_scot

Considering he hasn't played football for 10 months, Jags did alright, thrown a bit in the deep end however some of the players have developed a habit of injuring themselves in Europa League games.

February 26, 2010, 10:37:39 PM
Reply #9

Abraders

Don't forget the second goal was deflected in aswell. We were tremendously lucked out by them yesterday.

February 26, 2010, 10:40:06 PM
Reply #10

cantoffee

Don't forget the second goal was deflected in aswell. We were tremendously lucked out by them yesterday.

and outplayed

February 26, 2010, 10:40:43 PM
Reply #11

Abraders

and outplayed
Yeah but let's forget about that part :)

February 26, 2010, 10:41:51 PM
Reply #12

Ridge

February 27, 2010, 02:11:53 AM
Reply #13

Thom

Administrator
Loved his reaction when we went 2-0 down. Everyone else's heads dropped but he could be seen saying soething like "Come on lads. We still need to score, even if it's to force extra time now."

Doesn't ever give up. Love the man.

February 27, 2010, 04:19:19 AM
Reply #14

Murf666

Was pleased as punch to see him back and also to see him slot straight back into his role.  Almost like he'd never been away.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!