November 25, 2017, 12:00:52 PM

Author Topic: Phillip  (Read 3385 times)

February 27, 2010, 08:00:32 PM
Reply #15

.Rimbo.

And now this!

Phil Jagielka has thanked the Evertonians for their support in Lisbon.

The Toffees crashed out of the Europa League following a below-par display against Sporting Lisbon but Jags was keen to send a message to the fans who were in the Portuguese capital in their droves.

“I’d really like to thank the fans who travelled to Lisbon,” he said.

“We were all gutted that we couldn’t give you the performance or the result that you wanted but believe me we really appreciated your support.”

Jags return to action was a rare positive from the trip to Lisbon and he was delighted with the welcome back he was afforded by the travelling Blues supporters.

When the players trotted out onto the pitch for their pre-match warm-up, the spectators in the away end spotted the central defender and instantly began chanting his name.

“The reception I got was special and it’s something that I’ll never forget,” he said. “Once again you were all a credit to the club.”

By my reckoning, the only player/memeber of staff to even acknowledge the travelling fans post-match. <3

deCoubertin

February 27, 2010, 08:02:08 PM
Reply #16

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And he did it in a humble, heartfelt way. There was nothing pretentious or the normal, we'll get it right next time type crap Neville comes out with.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

February 27, 2010, 10:57:55 PM
Reply #17

timloid

Reckon we will have to think about next season and its worth thinking about. Jags back and playing as he has done before his injury, partnerted by Heitinga. Fellaini recovered and back, stiffening a rather toothless midfield when it comes to defending. Rodwell continuing to improve. Looks nice at this distance, don't you think.
Born a 'BLUE'

February 27, 2010, 11:12:47 PM
Reply #18

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
As long as Moyes can find a plan B that doesn't resort to hoofball when things don't go right.

February 27, 2010, 11:19:53 PM
Reply #19

C-R-A-I-G

It is good that he has come back now instead of the summer. This season is pretty much a write off now. 7 points of 7th spot with Europa League unlikely. So it will give us 2 and a half months to see if Jagielka and Heitinga can work as a partnership. Hopefully they will get 8-9 games together an hopefully we keep 6-7 clean sheets. Im looking forward to next season. We will have the 2nd/3rd best defence in the league if we can get a Baines like RB at Everton but if not Hibbert will be more than acceptable:

Hibbert Jagielka Heitinga Baines
Fellaini

February 27, 2010, 11:22:20 PM
Reply #20

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think we should also give Coleman a lot more playing time too.

Coleman Heitinga Jags Baines

Attacking and solid.

February 27, 2010, 11:30:08 PM
Reply #21

C-R-A-I-G

Im not so sure you can call Coleman solid. He has done ok since his mauling against Benfica but he could be a liability next season. Moyes would rather play Neville at RB so he must not rate him so much.

On another note i hope Moyes sells Neville. He is to old now to be getting into the team and he could get a good price from a team like Newcastle or Westbrom who will need to defend well next season.   

February 27, 2010, 11:31:15 PM
Reply #22

Endless, Nameless

Im not so sure you can call Coleman solid. He has done ok since his mauling against Benfica but he could be a liability next season. Moyes would rather play Neville at RB so he must not rate him so much.

On another note i hope Moyes sells Neville. He is to old now to be getting into the team and he could get a good price from a team like Newcastle or Westbrom who will need to defend well next season.   

No shit. The young lad got mauled on his debut, in Europe, in a shit team... oh and he was out of position.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 27, 2010, 11:34:29 PM
Reply #23

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

I didn't call Coleman solid, I called Jags and Heitinga solid. Baines and Coleman I called attacking.

As we're likely to get nothing out of this waste of a season, I'd give Coleman all the experience he can muster for the rest of it. Neville is past it now, Hibbert can only defend, so let's try some experiments and get some younger players blooded in. Coleman isn't too young for this, he's 21 now. Get him playing, let's see for ourselves.

If it doesn't work out, then we know we need to buy a right back this summer. If it does work out, then we know we don't. Simple.

February 27, 2010, 11:38:58 PM
Reply #24

C-R-A-I-G

Oh i got it wrong there. I thought you ment the back 4 would be solid. Coleman is good at attacking. 3 assist in his first 40 minutes for Everton wasnt it?. Moyes should give him the experience towards the end of the season. It would be good to know if he can defend. He has the pace to get back if he messes up as well which is good. If he does come good it will be more money saved and probably Moyes best ever bargain at only £150,000. 

February 27, 2010, 11:40:17 PM
Reply #25

Derek

I pretty much agree with Blarg. I think Neville is past it and this season is a good opportunity to give Coleman a chance.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 28, 2010, 12:15:40 AM
Reply #26

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I would hope he gives Coleman a chance but according to the OS he's not even in the squad it seems for Spurs tomorrow (remember what he did to them last time) and I most depressingly I expect once Hibbert is back we'll see no more of him this season as Hibbert will take the RB spot on the bench.

Very much hope I'm wrong but his abundance of faith in some players to the detriment of others bemuses me.

February 28, 2010, 12:40:52 AM
Reply #27

.Rimbo.

As long as Moyes can find a plan B that doesn't resort to hoofball when things don't go right.

But a lot of teams resort to hoofball in the last ten minutes of matches when things aren't going right. It's a widely accepted, and widely used plan B. If you look at Barcelona, they don't have a plan B really, much like Arsenal, and when things aren't going right, they struggle.

The long ball can sometimes be good, when used rightly, problem is a lot of our long balls are just aimless punts up field.

February 28, 2010, 12:45:25 AM
Reply #28

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
But for us, the hoofball happens long before 80 minutes.

February 28, 2010, 12:47:23 AM
Reply #29

.Rimbo.

But for us, the hoofball happens long before 80 minutes.

Yes, so the problem then you're saying is it's not a plan B? More like a plan A?

If so, then fair enough.