November 19, 2018, 09:59:20 AM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread (First Post Regularly Updated With New Info)  (Read 467058 times)

July 11, 2012, 01:42:26 PM
Reply #120

matty1878

the mirror says hes signing for fulham
row u seat 167 park end

July 11, 2012, 05:33:02 PM
Reply #121

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
the mirror says hes signing for fulham

As I said in the other thread, the Mirror said Baines was going to Untied for £5m....
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

July 11, 2012, 05:34:44 PM
Reply #122

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
He'll get first team football elsewhere. he'd only be a bit player for us.

I reckon he'd play a fair bit.

Especially if Cahill ends up going.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

July 11, 2012, 05:37:56 PM
Reply #123

nomorechang

RIP
Not strictly ITK but Pienaar's twitter page starts with this

Steven Pienaar
@therealstevenpi
Official Twitter Page of Everton and South Africa National Team Captain Steven Pienaar

didn't he change this when he left us ? I can't remember
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

July 11, 2012, 05:42:17 PM
Reply #124

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Not strictly ITK but Pienaar's twitter page starts with this

Steven Pienaar
@therealstevenpi
Official Twitter Page of Everton and South Africa National Team Captain Steven Pienaar

didn't he change this when he left us ? I can't remember

Hasn't changed since the loan spell

July 11, 2012, 06:15:24 PM
Reply #125

Thornton_19

He'll get first team football elsewhere. he'd only be a bit player for us.

I think he'd play the same role at every club he's been linked with starting 10-15 games a year rest appearances from the bench.

July 11, 2012, 06:24:31 PM
Reply #126

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon he'd play a fair bit.

Especially if Cahill ends up going.

Looks like Cahill's staying, and I think Naismith will get in ahead of him anyway. Moyes doesn't play two out and out strikers very often. Therefore Rodallega's appearances will be limited. He'd be used in a similar way to Anichebe.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 11, 2012, 06:42:31 PM
Reply #127

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like Cahill's staying, and I think Naismith will get in ahead of him anyway. Moyes doesn't play two out and out strikers very often. Therefore Rodallega's appearances will be limited. He'd be used in a similar way to Anichebe.

Naismith could be played on the right and I wouldn't really call Rodallega an out and out striker.

July 11, 2012, 06:44:38 PM
Reply #128

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 11, 2012, 07:14:19 PM
Reply #129

blue slug

If moyes can get rodallega on a free and shift anichebe on for £5m it gives him funds to spend elsewhere which would make good sense to me

July 11, 2012, 07:17:31 PM
Reply #130

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

If moyes can get rodallega on a free and shift anichebe on for £5m it gives him funds to spend elsewhere which would make good sense to me

I think that the rodallega deal plays its part in the Anichebe leaving stories. If we get him I expect Anichebe to be moved on, if we dont I fully expect to see Anichebe in an EFC shirt next year
Simply simply lovely

July 11, 2012, 07:25:08 PM
Reply #131

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Oh yeah, I agree that makes sense, but my original point is that with the news that he is likely to move to Fulham is probably because he'll get more playing time there. I don't care if he comes or not.

July 11, 2012, 07:31:42 PM
Reply #132

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
A few of the ITK's seem a bit sensitive today!

I think there is fear they may have called any number of the Baines/Rodallega/Pienaar/Pranjic deals wrong!

Rather than just say they were wrong though they seem to be angry at those who have said for example that Baines is going to Man U and claiming they are 'blag itk's.  surely if these blag itk's get it right and they are wrong then the roles are reversed?

Also they go on to say that this is why they try and keep these deals quiet as things can go wrong...surely the job of an ITK is not to keep things quiet!and if thy are trying to keep things quiet...don't announce it on twitter!

Still....I shall keep following them and hang on every word they say!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

July 11, 2012, 07:34:13 PM
Reply #133

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

I think there is fear they may have called any number of the Baines/Rodallega/Pienaar/Pranjic deals wrong!

Rather than just say they were wrong though they seem to be angry at those who have said for example that Baines is going to Man U and claiming they are 'blag itk's.  surely if these blag itk's get it right and they are wrong then the roles are reversed?

Also they go on to say that this is why they try and keep these deals quiet as things can go wrong...surely the job of an ITK is not to keep things quiet!and if thy are trying to keep things quiet...don't announce it on twitter!

I think all the ITK's are guilty of jumping the gun a fair bit

July 11, 2012, 07:36:55 PM
Reply #134

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Haha.

There does seem to be a general lack of appreciation that information may be correct up until the point when it's not.

That doesn't mean that it was wrong in the first place.

A suitable response for ITKs is to find out why things broke down etc.

Although it's fair to say that if you're going to pass yourself off as being more knowlegeable than other people, in an area where the audience is likely to be emotionally involved, then you've got to be prepared for the backlash.