October 24, 2017, 03:55:06 AM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread (First Post Regularly Updated With New Info)  (Read 426787 times)

September 01, 2012, 09:31:26 AM
Reply #3150

NYToffee

Two excellent transfer windows in a row. We're younger, leaner and absolutely spoilt for attacking talent (by our standards, at least). What a month.

September 01, 2012, 11:11:55 AM
Reply #3151

the roy vernon plan

DM certainly has become adept in the transfer market and outshines everyone in his ability to get value for money. When you see what O'Neill
and others have coughed up, it really shows what an operator we have in charge.

Thanks must also go ( once again )to Man. City for financing the deals and taking a problem off our hands. In terms of actual money spent, EFC is
in the bottom half of spenders over ths transfer window but the feel good factor is fantastic.

Once again, Billy Liar's Sell to Buy Policy pays off and the Great Satan has not had to touch the Sky TV money or increase debt at the club ( even if he could find a lender).     

September 01, 2012, 11:17:50 AM
Reply #3152

The 18th Mole

Know little or nothing about this latest signing,however this has been the best transfer window for years,coupled with the Dempsey fiasco and the fact the shite couldn't raise the extra million to sign him,has me grinning like the proverbial cheshire cat.
Happy days !

September 01, 2012, 01:49:52 PM
Reply #3153

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I think the thing I'm most happy about is that we are going into the season with just one loanee.
That means, even if we don't spend next Jan or summer, we won't be decimated in numbers like we have in the past.

I expect 1 loan and one freebie in Jan though (won't have heard of the loanee an the freebie will be from the states)

September 01, 2012, 02:07:06 PM
Reply #3154

sam of the south

Vadis Odjidja at Club Brugge

Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe - A Club Brugge colossus

:shock: He looks a real player; To call him a defensive midfielder is hiding his lamp under a bushel!

I wonder how much the fee will be?

Get Vadis on, FFS Moyes, etc.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 01, 2012, 02:21:46 PM
Reply #3155

Fynci

Remember when we bought Fellaini in at the last minute, nobody had heard of him... I have a strange feeling that this new lad might end up being a similar situation.

Delighted with this window.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

September 01, 2012, 02:22:54 PM
Reply #3156

Bily No Pace

I'd just like to thank a certain Mr. Bill Kenwright for giving David the funds and resources to pull of a good transfer window. Delighted not to have lost anyone important (sorry Rodders) and brought in some good players who could turn out amazing. Three cheers to Bill, who's with me?

Hip hip, hooray!
Bily No Pace has no signature

September 01, 2012, 03:03:41 PM
Reply #3157

ForzaItalia

I'd just like to thank a certain Mr. Bill Kenwright for giving David the funds and resources to pull of a good transfer window. Delighted not to have lost anyone important (sorry Rodders) and brought in some good players who could turn out amazing. Three cheers to Bill, who's with me?

Hip hip, hooray!

You and The Roy Vernon Plan are like two peas in a pod.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

September 01, 2012, 03:04:02 PM
Reply #3158

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

Hip hip, hooray!

ha, your gonna struggle getting that one off the ground

September 01, 2012, 03:04:20 PM
Reply #3159

montanatoffeefan

I'd just like to thank a certain Mr. Bill Kenwright for giving David the funds and resources to pull of a good transfer window.

lolol We had a negative net spend for the window. On top of the over 12m negative net spend from last season.

Could prove to be a great window, but it happened in spite of Kenwright's financial dealings, not because of them.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:15:35 PM by montanatoffeefan »
Everton forever.

September 01, 2012, 03:11:51 PM
Reply #3160

sam of the south

:shock: He looks a real player; To call him a defensive midfielder is hiding his lamp under a bushel!

I wonder how much the fee will be?

Get Vadis on, FFS Moyes, etc.

The Mail seem to think Fulham were willing to pay £6million.

Unless he plays regularly we won't pay that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2196214/Fulham-eye-transfer-deadline-day-signing-Vadis-Odjidja-Ofoe.html

Martin Jol is launching a late bid to go down as the transfer window's busiest manager after lining up a £6million move for Belgium midfielder Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe.

Flushed with cash after selling Mousa Dembele to Tottenham for £15m, the Fulham boss has already hailed Dimitar Berbatov's £5m signing as the biggest in the club's history and earmarked Sunderlandís Kieran Richardson for the left-back spot at Craven Cottage.

Now he is hoping to strengthen the heart of his midfield by recruiting highly-rated Bruges anchor man Odjidja-Ofoe, who impressed in last seasonís Europa Cup tie against Birmingham City and laid on a goal for Joseph Akpala in the 2-2 draw at St Andrews.

The 23-year-old, capped three times and hailed as the new Marouane Fellaini in his homeland, attracted interest from West Brom last season and could be on his way to the Barclays Premier League at the second attempt, if Fulham can reach an agreement.

The 6ft 1in powerhouse joined Bruges from Bundesliga side Hamburg for £800,000 three years ago and has established himself as their midfield mainstay during a return of 14 goals from 117 appearances.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 01, 2012, 03:27:34 PM
Reply #3161

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
They're all full of shit to various degrees. The best thing you can do is not follow any of them. That way you are never let down.
looking through 215 pages - and on the first page found the best post  :thumbsup:

September 01, 2012, 03:39:10 PM
Reply #3162

Cozzie

I know its only a youtube video, but that Ofoe looks decent.

Hope he can make it here.

September 01, 2012, 03:48:19 PM
Reply #3163

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I know its only a youtube video, but that Ofoe looks decent.

Hope he can make it here.
people calling him the new Fellaini - he can't be bad then - I'll happily play both the new and old Fellaini  :thumbsup:

September 01, 2012, 03:49:50 PM
Reply #3164

Haile GAZrselassie

So now it's all over. Can somebody summarise the thread. i.e, does anybody come out of this with their reputation for being ITK in tact?
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!