October 17, 2017, 09:02:35 AM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread (First Post Regularly Updated With New Info)  (Read 425684 times)

September 01, 2012, 03:50:59 PM
Reply #3165

montanatoffeefan

people calling him the new Fellaini - he can't be bad then - I'll happily play both the new and old Fellaini  :thumbsup:

Yeah, be worried if someone called him "the Belgian Rooney."
Everton forever.

September 01, 2012, 03:52:10 PM
Reply #3166

blob

wow! haven't felt this good about our prospects for donkey's years.

September 01, 2012, 03:53:32 PM
Reply #3167

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
So now it's all over. Can somebody summarise the thread. i.e, does anybody come out of this with their reputation for being ITK in tact?

Listen to Shorty and maybe check into 4th official from time to time.
Other than that boot up the old teletext system

September 01, 2012, 03:56:04 PM
Reply #3168

Ross

DM certainly has become adept in the transfer market and outshines everyone in his ability to get value for money. When you see what O'Neill
and others have coughed up, it really shows what an operator we have in charge.

Thanks must also go ( once again )to Man. City for financing the deals and taking a problem off our hands. In terms of actual money spent, EFC is
in the bottom half of spenders over ths transfer window but the feel good factor is fantastic.

Once again, Billy's Sell to Buy Policy pays off and the Great Saint has not had to touch the Sky TV money or increase debt at the club ( even if he could find a lender).     
[/b]

Praise indeed, I think you may have turned a corner.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 01, 2012, 03:57:08 PM
Reply #3169

Haile GAZrselassie

6 signings, 5 of which appear to be first team ready if called upon and only 1 major exit for the summer has to be classed as a fantastic close season for us.

I have to say that l think the failure to bring in another striker does concern me as if Jelavic is out for any period of time it is going to drastically effect our play and having someone to help share the burden of goals and allow Moyes to rest him at times is something we defintiely require.

All in all though, there cant be any other complaints than that imo.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

September 01, 2012, 03:58:34 PM
Reply #3170

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
6 signings, 5 of which appear to be first team ready if called upon and only 1 major exit for the summer has to be classed as a fantastic close season for us.

I have to say that l think the failure to bring in another striker does concern me as if Jelavic is out for any period of time it is going to drastically effect our play and having someone to help share the burden of goals and allow Moyes to rest him at times is something we defintiely require.

All in all though, there cant be any other complaints than that imo.

I have faith in Vellios to get us through one or 2 matches.
But yeah, any extended period and we will just have to pray that Mirallas can hold the line.

September 01, 2012, 04:00:36 PM
Reply #3171

Rhys

lolol We had a negative net spend for the window. On top of the over 12m negative net spend from last season.

Could prove to be a great window, but it happened in spite of Kenwright's financial dealings, not because of them.

Exactly! In the last 18 months the net spend is -25m. If moyes hadn't done some good business moving players around in that time like Cahill, bily, rodwell etc and brought in the players he has then everyone would be after bill to leave just like we were last year.

The only thing that changed this summer was because we sold 20m worth of players last summer without spending anything that put us in a position where we could finally spend what we sold. Before there wasn't much point selling people because we couldn't use the money on replacements.

September 01, 2012, 04:00:57 PM
Reply #3172

nomorechang

RIP
I have faith in Vellios to get us through one or 2 matches.
But yeah, any extended period and we will just have to pray that Mirallas can hold the line.

Couldn't Naismith Victor or Felli 'do a job' for us of necessary ?
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

September 01, 2012, 04:05:21 PM
Reply #3173

sharpattack

lolol We had a negative net spend for the window. On top of the over 12m negative net spend from last season.

Could prove to be a great window, but it happened in spite of Kenwright's financial dealings, not because of them.
I see begrudgery is alive and well. You have been spouting the same rubbish for years. According to you, and others of your stripe, Kenwright has been bleeding the club dry for years. When we see an example of money being made available to the manager you criticise that.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

September 01, 2012, 04:09:54 PM
Reply #3174

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Listen to Shorty and maybe check into 4th official from time to time.
Other than that boot up the old teletext system
  this

September 01, 2012, 04:10:50 PM
Reply #3175

the roy vernon plan

Sorry for the typo but when I wrote Saint, I meant Satan.

Kenright is a repugnant piece of work and his outrageous lies and half truths down the years show that he thinks F.A. of the fans.

DM has been working with his hands tied behind his back for years. Imagine if DM had a half decent Chairman and he DM could operate at the top end of the market? I reckon we would have signed Falco before Athletico and picked up a few others.

Still its been a great Window for the Blues, a crap one for LFC and the Club is on a roll...  

September 01, 2012, 04:43:52 PM
Reply #3176

montanatoffeefan

I see begrudgery is alive and well. You have been spouting the same rubbish for years. According to you, and others of your stripe, Kenwright has been bleeding the club dry for years. When we see an example of money being made available to the manager you criticise that.

So you've finally gotten tired of just railing against common sense and common decency. And taken up railing against basic arithematic.
Everton forever.

September 01, 2012, 04:47:51 PM
Reply #3177

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
  this

:thumbsup:

Couldn't Naismith Victor or Felli 'do a job' for us of necessary ?
Only as much as Velios i reckon. Could deal with Fellaini up front on his own for a match, Victor for 1 or 2. Naismith for 3 or 4.
But Mirallas is deffo the second option up front. If he can bring what he brought against Layton orient against a good side though then i have faith

September 01, 2012, 04:57:34 PM
Reply #3178

Bily No Pace

Sorry for the typo but when I wrote Saint, I meant Satan.

Kenright is a repugnant piece of work and his outrageous lies and half truths down the years show that he thinks F.A. of the fans.

DM has been working with his hands tied behind his back for years. Imagine if DM had a half decent Chairman and he DM could operate at the top end of the market? I reckon we would have signed Falco before Athletico and picked up a few others.

Still its been a great Window for the Blues, a crap one for LFC and the Club is on a roll...  

Hip hip, hooray!
Bily No Pace has no signature

September 01, 2012, 04:58:36 PM
Reply #3179

Azz

So now it's all over. Can somebody summarise the thread. i.e, does anybody come out of this with their reputation for being ITK in tact?

DAVIDMOYES over at that other forum was spot on.  Posted on there at 10:19 last night to say they were trying to get Vadis.  
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:00:48 PM by Azz »