November 23, 2017, 06:18:21 AM

Author Topic: Our opponents today...  (Read 1269 times)

February 28, 2010, 09:00:33 PM
Read 1269 times

.Rimbo.

Credit to Tottenham today. Granted, we threw it away first half but they play some terrific stuff at times and have some very good, creative players. Of all the teams vying for 4th spot, I hope they get it. They came close a few years ago and narrowly missed out.

I can stand them a lot more than City, Liverpool and Villa. They're all just a gang of cunts.

deCoubertin

February 28, 2010, 09:01:56 PM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Tottenham played like we did against Man U.  They were superb especially across midfield.  Bale looked immense today too.  Shame we gifted it to them to an extent but it doesn't detract from there play.  They could be looking at fourth unlike us!

February 28, 2010, 09:03:18 PM
Reply #2

Endless, Nameless

We gifted them the points, but they didn't throw it away like we have sometimes this season.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 28, 2010, 09:03:28 PM
Reply #3

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I hope Liverpool get it, can't stand the thought of any team we have consistantly finished above for the last few years getting it.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 28, 2010, 09:03:39 PM
Reply #4

Chris

Administrator
I'd rather Liverpool got 4th. If it cant be us i'd rather there wasn't anyone else 'breaking' into the top 4.

I cant stand Spurs mainly because of plastic face.

February 28, 2010, 09:04:03 PM
Reply #5

cantoffee

Modric is one of the best players in the league, without him I think Bale would have looked half as good(credit to Bale though because he was immense today) and I think we would've at least tied the game.

February 28, 2010, 09:05:09 PM
Reply #6

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I don't want Spurs anywhere near 4th place, I don't like them any better than Villa or City and at least if it were City we know they have the money to compete anyway but if Spurs were to get the extra CL cash it would definitely give them an extra boost over us (right now we're about even with them).

So it has to be either City or Liverpool for 4th (then preferably get knocked out in the qualifying rounds) otherwise we'll see another gulf open up between us and Villa or Spurs.

February 28, 2010, 09:09:05 PM
Reply #7

Endless, Nameless

I hope Liverpool get it, can't stand the thought of any team we have consistantly finished above for the last few years getting it.

this

We need to do ourselves justice next season. City, Spurs and Villa have not been in Europe and have had less injuries, they have more money yadda yadda yadda. But we should not be chasing them like we have been. Each time we've played them we've shown we can beat them.

February 28, 2010, 09:10:31 PM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I want Spurs to get it.  Whoever breaks top four will be good for the league and good for us.

February 28, 2010, 09:16:01 PM
Reply #9

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I want Spurs to get it.  Whoever breaks top four will be good for the league and good for us.

You're entitled to the opinion of course, but good for the league and good for us are very different things. I can't see how Spurs with an extra 30 odd mill to spend would help us one bit.

February 28, 2010, 09:19:51 PM
Reply #10

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
You're entitled to the opinion of course, but good for the league and good for us are very different things. I can't see how Spurs with an extra 30 odd mill to spend would help us one bit.

Better them than the rs.  All the teams below are trying to close the gap.  Tottenham aren't short on money anyway and them breaking into the top four makes things tighter.

February 28, 2010, 09:27:09 PM
Reply #11

Endless, Nameless

We need the RS to finish 4th. Spurs and Villa will make use of their champions league money, but Rafa will fuck it up ;)

February 28, 2010, 09:40:00 PM
Reply #12

fast lane

Credit to Tottenham today. Granted, we threw it away first half but they play some terrific stuff at times and have some very good, creative players. Of all the teams vying for 4th spot, I hope they get it. They came close a few years ago and narrowly missed out.

I can stand them a lot more than City, Liverpool and Villa. They're all just a gang of cunts.

I agree.
We didn't have anybody as good as Modric and Bale today.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)