November 18, 2017, 11:40:21 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Hull City  (Read 29474 times)

March 03, 2010, 12:25:11 AM
Reply #30

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

Would like to see

Baines
Jags
Heitinga
Coleman

Donovan
Arteta
Osman
Pienaar

Yak
Saha

Will probably see

Baines
Heitinga
Jags
Neville

Donovan
Arteta
Osman
Pienaar
Bilyetdinov

Saha

Regardless I think we will get a 3-1 win.
I came on here to state the team I want to see (which you picked) and the team I think will be put out (which you picked).

Thanks alot! ha
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

March 03, 2010, 01:40:53 AM
Reply #31

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We are terrific at home. Al our poor games are away from home. Expect Hull to get a thumping.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 03, 2010, 07:25:52 AM
Reply #32

Dr. Sponge

I think no matter who we're playing, we'll always need a deeper lying midfield player, a "holding midfielder", to provide balance and protection. It leaves 5 relatively attacking players, with the extra bit of freedom to go forward.

Do not underestimate Hull, they are a Premier League side, and there are no easy games in this league any more. Remember 3-0 at half time?

March 03, 2010, 07:33:46 AM
Reply #33

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I like Arteta in that role. He dictates so well from there.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 03, 2010, 07:46:44 AM
Reply #34

Dr. Sponge

I like Arteta in that role. He dictates so well from there.

Yeah he's a fantastic quarter-back like, kind of Riquelme player in there, but I think in the Premier League Arteta isn't the man to be playing the holding midfield role. It requires a lot of positioning discipline when we haven't got the ball, and even when we have got the ball, to know when to hold back away from the play. Fellaini along side Arteta would be perfect in my opinion.

Also, Arteta in the holding role takes him away from our attacks in the last third, and means he'd have less freedom.

Fellaini, Rodwell, Heitinga, Neville... or Osman on his day, are the only players who should be playing there, IMO.

March 03, 2010, 08:01:36 AM
Reply #35

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Fellaini alongside Arteta is the ideal, fully agree.

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 03, 2010, 07:09:03 PM
Reply #36

Robioto

3-0

Anything less and I'll be annoyed. We need to bounce back and beat one of the worst teams ever to grace the Premiership convincingly.

March 04, 2010, 06:01:03 PM
Reply #37

RICH

4-0 saha x 2 donavan and arteta

March 05, 2010, 03:56:01 AM
Reply #38

Traff1

Dont know if this is the right place to post this, but if got 2 tickets in the bullens road stand for Sundays game.... will take £30 for the both if anyone is interested..

email traffordcityquay@googlemail.com if you are, I can drop them off if you are in Liverpool.

Cheers...

March 05, 2010, 04:12:07 PM
Reply #39

Always a Toffeeman

starting to really like mr paul merson

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,15205_6003094,00.html

he seems to have started a love affair with us the last couple of weeks
 #formerly efc for life

March 05, 2010, 07:19:28 PM
Reply #40

Derek

Wow, he really is blowing us kisses isn't he?

I mean, for once, he's not wide of the mark. His comments about Arteta, especially, are spot on I reckon. He could walk into any team around!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 05, 2010, 07:23:51 PM
Reply #41

Endless, Nameless

starting to really like mr paul merson

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,15205_6003094,00.html

he seems to have started a love affair with us the last couple of weeks

He's inconsistent for me. He raises good points, but then he rattles on about that he does not know enough about.

That, however, is an agreeable article!
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

March 05, 2010, 09:40:52 PM
Reply #42

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
With Cahill maybe returning, Saha definetly out and Jags, Osman & Vaughan doubtful the team could be something like this

Howard

Neville
Yobo
Distin
Baines

Donovan
Arteta
Heitinga
Rodwell
Pienaar

Yakubu

Subs
Nash
Coleman
Senderos
Bily
Anichebe
Cahill
Gosling

March 05, 2010, 10:26:12 PM
Reply #43

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Well this would be the game to have a really shit defence like that DanDan
- Walt Disney

March 05, 2010, 11:12:55 PM
Reply #44

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
No to the Yobo/Distin thing!  Yobo/Jags or Yobo/Distin if you are going to play Heitinga that way.