November 18, 2017, 05:08:39 AM

Author Topic: Don't shoot (or extoll) the messenger but....  (Read 5848 times)

August 14, 2012, 01:29:40 AM
Reply #45

Macca77

Pointless threads like this annoy me, as if our assistant manager would tell some random about player sales, have a word with yourselves ffs

deCoubertin

August 14, 2012, 01:37:54 AM
Reply #46

nomorechang

RIP
For the sake of fulfilling our curiosity, what players/loans did he indicate may be coming our way?

He didn't have a clue and wasn't even prepared to guess
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

August 14, 2012, 01:41:23 AM
Reply #47

charlatan

I'm sure we only used 14 players when we won the league in 1985 , the first 11 plus Richardson, Harper and Ian Atkins if my memory serves me right

You missed the leg-end that was Terry Curran as well

August 14, 2012, 01:46:11 AM
Reply #48

tonysoprano

Steve Round told me the same story in Wetherspoons last night, he was well bladdered on  Koppaberg, didnt want to post it till someone else had in case I was thought of asA RIGHT FUCKIN KNOBHEAD

August 14, 2012, 01:55:26 AM
Reply #49

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Steve Round told me the same story in Wetherspoons last night, he was well bladdered on  Koppaberg, didnt want to post it till someone else had in case I was thought of asA RIGHT FUCKIN KNOBHEAD
you are not - Round is - drinking Cider from a country not able to make a proper beer  ;)

August 14, 2012, 02:12:53 AM
Reply #50

Rhys

Pointless threads like this annoy me, as if our assistant manager would tell some random about player sales, have a word with yourselves ffs

Not saying I believe it.

He wouldnt tell someone random, but he might tell someone he knows well and trusts. But would someone who is trusted by round come and tell the world on website? Probably not because he wouldnt tell many people and it would be quite easy to work out given the club are always trying to find out people who leak club info are.

That said I could see Heitinga being sold and Anichebe if Wigan did bid 5m!

August 14, 2012, 02:19:00 AM
Reply #51

chang

however after three years of huge net profits on player incomings and outgoings, somehow we are always in the same (if not more) amount of debt???

Possibly because Everton's income is not enough to pay it's outgoings, so debt just builds.

If you earn 100 million a year, but it costs you 110 million to operate, the shortfall has to be found, the problem is that it is only a temporary fix before the cycle starts again..

August 14, 2012, 02:41:51 AM
Reply #52

MmmBlueRamirez

Apparently Heitinga and Anichebe are both on their way out. This coming straight from Steve Round. Read into that what you will...

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say this is bollocks.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 14, 2012, 02:54:02 AM
Reply #53

nomorechang

RIP
You missed the leg-end that was Terry Curran as well

Yeah I checked , there were players who got games on our last 5 league games that season after we'd won the league such as Johnny Morrisey jnr and Paul Wilkinson , didn't realise John Bailey had played 21 games though and of course Inchy got injured half way thro the season and he never played any more games that year
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "