November 24, 2017, 10:04:23 AM

Author Topic: Formation if we sign Mirallas  (Read 5594 times)

August 19, 2012, 11:10:15 PM
Reply #45

phillyt

I think 442 will be used, but it will be a fluid attack and during the game will be 433. 4231, 4411, or even a Really adventurous 424 but we will mainly be 4231/4411 dipping in and out of the others dependent on opposition, how the individual games going, how desperate we are to get a goal.

That flexibility is something that makes a  4231/4411 set up work. When Cahill played it was a robust 4411 and oppositions just worked it out, but we weren't versatile enough to combat it. Nw I'm confident we are.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

deCoubertin

August 19, 2012, 11:28:29 PM
Reply #46

Major Clanger

Never had you down as a yank.

What made you change your mind then?
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

August 19, 2012, 11:36:36 PM
Reply #47

dangermouse

I think 442 will be used, but it will be a fluid attack and during the game will be 433. 4231, 4411, or even a Really adventurous 424 but we will mainly be 4231/4411 dipping in and out of the others dependent on opposition, how the individual games going, how desperate we are to get a goal.

That flexibility is something that makes a  4231/4411 set up work. When Cahill played it was a robust 4411 and oppositions just worked it out, but we weren't versatile enough to combat it. Nw I'm confident we are.

We are the new Barcelona then ......... :eh:
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

August 19, 2012, 11:49:36 PM
Reply #48

AidyEFC9

For me it would be...

Howard
Neville       Jags          Heitinga       Baines
                 Gibson      Felaini
Mirallas             Naismith            Pienaar
                          Jelavic

Nev vs Hibbert is patato - pata..rta as far as I'm concerned. Mirallas won't start straight away so I'd expect Naismith on right (although I'd expect him off bench first couple of games) ossie in either cm (allowing felaini ACM) or ACM himself.

I'd agree with that, although i think he will be put straight in will Mirallas.

I think with an attacking midfield 3 of Naismith, Pienaar & Mirallas, we'll see alot of fluidity and interchanging between em so you might see Mirallas pop up on the left, Pienaar centrally and Naismith wide right and vice verse.

But with Mirallas now we will see some pace and a new dimension given to the team, the sort that Donovan gave us but this lad as some skill about him too so could beat a man and create an awful lot more.

But lets remember, it'll take him time to adjust to the speed and demands of the EPL as there alot greater than in Greece, the quality of players and teams is much greater so it will take him time to find his feet and play his natural game so lets not expect him to be shit hot right from the go!.

August 19, 2012, 11:51:39 PM
Reply #49

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I'd agree with that, although i think he will be put straight in will Mirallas.

I think with an attacking midfield 3 of Naismith, Pienaar & Mirallas, we'll see alot of fluidity and interchanging between em so you might see Mirallas pop up on the left, Pienaar centrally and Naismith wide right and vice verse.

But with Mirallas now we will see some pace and a new dimension given to the team, the sort that Donovan gave us but this lad as some skill about him too so could beat a man and create an awful lot more.

But lets remember, it'll take him time to adjust to the speed and demands of the EPL as there alot greater than in Greece, the quality of players and teams is much greater so it will take him time to find his feet and play his natural game so lets not expect him to be shit hot right from the go!.

This.

Although I think the calls for patience will be in vain!

August 20, 2012, 12:19:33 AM
Reply #50

phillyt

We are the new Barcelona then ......... :eh:

I would say that sort of thing yeah, but obviously with far less ability ( not an insult to our players as such)

I'm not saying that we will all of a sudden become this magical amazing team, but I think the players we have available mean that we will be more fluid in our formation and style. Which in turn will make us less predictable.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

August 20, 2012, 12:43:43 AM
Reply #51

American Evertonian

Howard

Neville Heitinga Distin Baines

Fellaini Gibson

Naismith     Mirallas     Pienaar

Jelavic

Looks delicious. I'll have what you're having.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

August 20, 2012, 12:49:00 AM
Reply #52

Big Doug

Howard

Neville Jagielka Heitinga Baines

Gibson Felliani

Johnson    Miralles    Pienaar

Jelavic

Oh yes babey sign him up Moysie son

August 20, 2012, 12:57:05 AM
Reply #53

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
We maintain the squad to the end of the transfer window and we are looking stronger than for a long time.

Options = Love it.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 20, 2012, 02:30:14 AM
Reply #54

stirlingblue

I don't think that miralles will be a sensible option in the acm role.

Whilst he does have skill he doesn't seem the type who has the ball glued to his feet, more like he relies on his pace to beat people. That won't be possible in acm as it will be too tight for him to utilise his pace.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong here but do any of know anything at all about his ability to pick a pass?

August 20, 2012, 02:41:49 AM
Reply #55

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think that miralles will be a sensible option in the acm role.

Whilst he does have skill he doesn't seem the type who has the ball glued to his feet, more like he relies on his pace to beat people. That won't be possible in acm as it will be too tight for him to utilise his pace.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong here but do any of know anything at all about his ability to pick a pass?

Only having seen short youtube highlights (which are pretty much useless in assessing overall qualities of a player) I doubt anyone here knows much about anything about the lad, nor how he (or anyone else we've signed bar Pienaar) will fit into the team, what our best formation will be etc etc

There's a massive amount of unknowns at this time, but I haven't felt this good about Everton after a summer in AGES.

Just think, 8 months ago we had Saha and Cahill as attacking options...
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 20, 2012, 04:13:44 AM
Reply #56

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

Centre backs has to be Jagielka and Heitinga, no argument.

Heitinga was player of the season for fuck sake how can people be so short minded they'd drop our best player last season?
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

August 20, 2012, 06:21:21 AM
Reply #57

arteta4spain

For me

....................Howard... .............
                              Hibbert Heitinga Jags Baines
                                             Gibson

Mirallas       Fellaini          Pienaar
                                       Naismith
                                                  Jelavic
Gibson gives the back four protection but on the counter he can come into a mid field three if either mirallas or pienaar decide to play firther up. Only "liability" there is hibbert. dont want captain clubfoot there either as he'll ruin our brand "sexy scouse football" tbh id go for a decent rb rather than niang. If the rumours of owen coming i think that would be enough up top as we only play 1 up top anyway!

August 20, 2012, 02:57:00 PM
Reply #58

McMoyes

Its great to see some genuine competition for places and quality going forward. Mine would be:

............................. ......Howard

Hibbert............Heitinga.. ...........Jagielka.........B aines

............................. ....Fellaini

Naismith....................G ibson......................Pi enaar

............................. ....Mirallas

............................. ....Jelavic

Then you have the luxury of rotating Naismith, Pienaar and Mirallas to confuse the opposition.

Thats a top 4 team in my opinion.
"Who is that shaven headed man with a lovely voice? It's Annie Lennox."

August 20, 2012, 03:00:10 PM
Reply #59

Trowel

Switch Naismith for Mirallas then merge this thread with the other formation thread and you're there.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news