September 18, 2019, 11:59:59 AM

Author Topic: Deadline Day Thread 31/08/12  (Read 50428 times)

September 01, 2012, 05:58:06 AM
Reply #285

New Free Transfer Signing

To be fair we are probably benefitting from something similar to push through the Odjidja-Ofoe deal

September 01, 2012, 05:59:35 AM
Reply #286

Gash

Global Moderator
Apparently Spurs have successfully appealed and been granted an extension til 1AM to sign Moutinho.

Cunts..

Someone posted how the transfers work. They've agreed a deal at 11pm and sent a deal sheet through to the FA and now have until 1am to send the completed paperwork.

September 01, 2012, 05:59:43 AM
Reply #287

Ross

Apparently Spurs have successfully appealed and been granted an extension til 1AM to sign Moutinho.

Cunts..

Appeal on what grounds? They still had money to spend? He's declined a deal before te deadline he'd accept now?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 01, 2012, 06:01:44 AM
Reply #288

Gash

Global Moderator
Appeal on what grounds? They still had money to spend? He's declined a deal before te deadline he'd accept now?

See my post above.  :thumbsup:

As long as provisional paperwork is through by 11pm, a club can get a an extension until 1am to send the completed paperwork.

September 01, 2012, 06:02:17 AM
Reply #289

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Someone posted how the transfers work. They've agreed a deal at 11pm and sent a deal sheet through to the FA and now have until 1am to send the completed paperwork.

How far has it got to be down the line then?

Surely it's not just a case of agreeing the fee as other deals have gotten that far before and fallen through because of time.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 01, 2012, 06:04:54 AM
Reply #290

Gash

Global Moderator
How far has it got to be down the line then?

Surely it's not just a case of agreeing the fee as other deals have gotten that far before and fallen through because of time.

The deal is completed except the club didn't have time to do all the paperwork, hence the deal sheet that was introduced a couple of years ago, which is a brief overview of the deal. The completed paperwork must then be in place by 1am or the deal is off.

September 01, 2012, 06:07:08 AM
Reply #291

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
The deal is completed except the club didn't have time to do all the paperwork, hence the deal sheet that was introduced a couple of years ago, which is a brief overview of the deal. The completed paperwork must then be in place by 1am or the deal is off.

So surely they must have to provide some kind of evidence all has been agreed then? (including personal terms)
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 01, 2012, 06:08:49 AM
Reply #292

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently the pic that went around that was thought to be Moyes meeting Nzonzi was in fact Moyes with Odis

September 01, 2012, 06:09:18 AM
Reply #293

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

Yes, but the deal sheet could also be written in a scribble of a two-year old provided that the player to be signed is a triffic little player.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

September 01, 2012, 06:09:22 AM
Reply #294

Gash

Global Moderator
So surely they must have to provide some kind of evidence all has been agreed then? (including personal terms)

That's what the deal sheet is for.

September 01, 2012, 06:11:38 AM
Reply #295

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
That's what the deal sheet is for.

Ah right, make more sense now.

September 01, 2012, 06:12:06 AM
Reply #296

Ross

Very odd.

Sounds like doing the 3 in 10 in pop master in after the chimes
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 01, 2012, 06:48:12 AM
Reply #297

Azz

Paul Tyrrell stiring it up with The Blue Union on deadline day, what a tit!

September 01, 2012, 06:49:43 AM
Reply #298

Azz

Andy Lewis ‏@efc_andylewis

Drama... Looks like I am not going home just yet...

September 01, 2012, 06:50:50 AM
Reply #299

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Andy Lewis ‏@efc_andylewis

Drama... Looks like I am not going home just yet...