September 20, 2018, 01:35:20 AM

Author Topic: Leeds United v Everton (League Cup)  (Read 40122 times)

September 26, 2012, 04:33:04 AM
Reply #360

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Agree, I'd just rather us get beat by Southampton and have 32 games to put it right than fuck up one of only 2 chances a year we get for a cup run.

Wasn't aimed at you verm just annoyed in general
Simply simply lovely

September 26, 2012, 04:33:24 AM
Reply #361

Stumpy

They owe us big time Saturday,especialy the poor sods that braved the elements and paid hard earned money to go to leeds tonight.

September 26, 2012, 04:34:25 AM
Reply #362

Big Doug

should of either played a full strong side or played

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Heitinga Distin

Neville  Osman

Naismith       Felliani      Oviedo

Anichebe

rested a few top players but still a stronger side than on show tonight

September 26, 2012, 04:34:47 AM
Reply #363

New Free Transfer Signing

Liverpool - Take at least this season to get back to challenging us for 5/6th
Newcastle - Pretty good admittedly, but one long-term injury to Ba/Cisse/Ben Arfa and theirseason is completely derailed
Spurs - Haven't looked great as of yet, AVB is also a poor manager imo
Arsenal - Again decent, but no world beaters in my eyes

As for the "rather lose to Southampton", thats really a stupid thing to say. I would rather keep our league form up.

We will be back for the FA Cup and on our day can beat anyone in the country, by that time we will be rolling along nicely in the league, within touching distance of the top four and with a few nice draws can have a nice cup run in that.

This isn't the end of the world, the players know what they have to do from now to bounce back from this, and thats coming back to the Premier League this weekend and continuing a superb run of form.

Lets stay positive lads, this isn't as bad as many on here think.

September 26, 2012, 04:39:18 AM
Reply #364

keiko

Some people saying " only the C O C" and who's assed your all Bellends. I'm assed as I wanted us to go for this cup
And of thought we'd had a good chance playing are first 11. But moyes clearly thought diffrent and we've paid for it Aswell has his tactics etc. but it's ok someone else will lift the C O C and wel say " who's assed" aye? Fuck of.

moyes played a team that should have been strong enough to win.

fellaini, heitinga, mirallas, anichbe, coleman, they all played vs swans in the 3-0 win and played today, pienaar and p neville at HT, + distin 8 regular first team players for the second half.

they all underperformed, had off-day, looked like they wanna be at home not at a cold rainy night.

they let down Moyes, he tried to change it at HT, they didn't play well enough, there's only so much a manager can do.

but moyes made a mistake to start mucha, without jags, there is no leadership in defence.

September 26, 2012, 04:40:00 AM
Reply #365

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Liverpool - Take at least this season to get back to challenging us for 5/6th
Newcastle - Pretty good admittedly, but one long-term injury to Ba/Cisse/Ben Arfa and theirseason is completely derailed
Spurs - Haven't looked great as of yet, AVB is also a poor manager imo
Arsenal - Again decent, but no world beaters in my eyes

1) We're 5 games in and their most recent game they were much better than the 2nd best team in the country, even with 10 men.
2) If tonight showed us anything mate it's that without as little as one or 2 of our key players we are also fucked.
3) Yet again, only 5 games in.
4) Only 5 games but still look even better than us.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 26, 2012, 04:43:14 AM
Reply #366

dunkster

Why pick a really strong team in the previous round and then choose this team?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

September 26, 2012, 04:44:31 AM
Reply #367

Big Doug

thing i noticed about oviedo he looked at times a bit cautious over whether or not to get forward and attack incase they countered would like to see the lad on the wing when pienaar goes off to the ACON and see the lad alongside baines oh yes

September 26, 2012, 04:47:27 AM
Reply #368

BlueSte

i hate playing a weakened team if we're in europe with a big quality squad...............tonight was a no brainer, 3 changes maybe but a stronger team than that was need from the start. you telling me 1 more game is gonna ruin these players for the rest of the year? and its cost me 120 quid ffs.

I'm with you on this one only I would have played the strongest possible team IMO you should only change a winning formula when forced to through injury, suspension or loss of form.  To make wholesale changes two of which were debuts was just asking for trouble.  However it's done now no point in dwelling get back up dust ourselves down, learn from it and roll on the next game. COYB
The Black Watch

September 26, 2012, 04:48:14 AM
Reply #369

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
So Im the only one who thought Oviedo looked completely ordinary?
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

September 26, 2012, 04:48:25 AM
Reply #370

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Sometimes upsets happen. We dicked about with the team, conditions were bad, they wanted it more, a few decisions didnt go our way. Feel bad for those who made the trip but its just a one off. Weve started the season fantastically well, lets get back on track Saturday and forget about it
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 26, 2012, 04:48:25 AM
Reply #371

American Evertonian

We never perform well in this cup and regularly get knocked out by bad sides so not surprised here. Never saying a loss is good but this may not be so bad. Our team is thin due to injuries and this will allow us to continue or league form. We will get deeper in January and make our usual FA cup run.

A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

September 26, 2012, 04:50:28 AM
Reply #372

1) We're 5 games in and their most recent game they were much better than the 2nd best team in the country, even with 10 men.
2) If tonight showed us anything mate it's that without as little as one or 2 of our key players we are also fucked.
3) Yet again, only 5 games in.
4) Only 5 games but still look even better than us.

1) Liverpool always step it up against United, so I don't think you can judge them on a derby match when, excuse the cliche, the formbook is thrown out of the window
2) 100% Agree, we do need a bit of luck, but Newcastle got the luck with injuries last season and it took them far (obviously there was also Cisse's form from January onwards)
3) I realise that but Spurs are not significantly superior to Everton anyway
4) They look OK, but an in form Everton side can keep up with them

Obviously we will have to get a positive result out of  the majority of our 38 games to have any chance of top four but we've already got off to a good start and without the distraction of this cup can continue to go through the gears in the league hopefully.

I'm dissappointed but not overly annoyed

September 26, 2012, 04:50:34 AM
Reply #373

Derek

You expect Everton to at least give Leeds a challenge of a week night in the cup...
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

September 26, 2012, 04:51:38 AM
Reply #374

Sometimes upsets happen. We dicked about with the team, conditions were bad, they wanted it more, a few decisions didnt go our way. Feel bad for those who made the trip but its just a one off. Weve started the season fantastically well, lets get back on track Saturday and forget about it

This, 100%